NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

but when i choose the option "Use a device : use a USB drive,network connection...." it just boots up like normal. is there something i am not doing correctly?

Try going to the BIOS setup instead of the boot manager and choose your boot option there.

Thank you very much for the work slv7.i modded my gt70 680m bios with this one MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02.problem is on battery gaming it doesnt auto switch to p8 or p5 state cause of that after 5 second a shutdown acours.i made shortcut to destop with nvidia inspactor to force p8 or p5 state.is there any other way like the original vbios handled it? cause original vbios could switch to p8 or p5 when i switch to battery gaming without modifications so i dont need to click shortcuts.

Might be an issue with the turbo button thingy that MSI has... did you disable that? You could try a Clevo vbios just to see whether it makes a difference.

I will soon get a Clevo P370SM3, the 3d model, with 2x 780M SLI (Santech model G37, italian reseller)

The vBIOS that I see on the first page for Nvidia 780M, is applicable also to clevo barebones?

Is stable/safe enough or still a bit rough since it's new?

Thank you for your answer.

SSREGITOSS, this is normal, i have the 780m with the same problema, after all test, doestn affect the vga, but always shut down in battery mod, also you can't change to a p5 or p8 state to slow down clocks, my house solution is set the v to 0.9 and downclock to a similar low clock state, and Works, is strange to use the nb with battery, but is a solution, créate a desktop config with the name Battery Mode, and thats all, the vBios is exellent, is my personal solution, i didnt know why this happends but i think that the battery power didnt accept that

SSREGITOSS, this is normal, i have the 780m with the same problema, after all test, doestn affect the vga, but always shut down in battery mod, also you can't change to a p5 or p8 state to slow down clocks, my house solution is set the v to 0.9 and downclock to a similar low clock state, and Works, is strange to use the nb with battery, but is a solution, créate a desktop config with the name Battery Mode, and thats all, the vBios is exellent, is my personal solution, i didnt know why this happends but i think that the battery power didnt accept that

in nvidia inspector you can force nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,5.

-

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to loose 3D functionality if 680m/780m on selected laptops with 3d vision are flashed with modified vbios?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

no i tried with stock vbios it doesnt work.someone told me that you will see the 3d menu when you connect laptop to a 3dtv.which i didnt have time to try.

How do you mod the inf file to install drivers after doing the bios flash on the gtx 780 in a msi gt60?

Having a hard time figuring it out, trying to install the 326.41 beta drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How do you mod the inf file to install drivers after doing the bios flash on the gtx 780 in a msi gt60?

Having a hard time figuring it out, trying to install the 326.41 beta drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MSI GTxx GTX 780M PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_05AA1462 follow these... http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-234.html#post56088

Hello,

I'm fairly new to GPU OCing and am thankful for the wealth of information I've found at Tech|Inferno. I've downloaded and flashed the "Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (the only one I have access to, atm) ROM to my two 680Ms. I noticed the default Core clock for this particular ROM is 758MHz, as well as the same Boost clock. I've managed to modestly OC my GPUs to a Core clock of 980MHz with MSI Afterburner, with the same Boost clock and a Memory clock of 2250MHz. I've got a few questions.

As I can't access the other ROMs (I'm new, so maybe I missed something), I was curious as to the default clock settings for the other Clevo ROMs in the svl7's second post. Do these ROMs have higher default clocks?

"Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition'_revised_01.zip - OV 1000v.zip"

"Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition'_revised_01.zip - OV 1025v.zip"

"Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition'_revised_01.zip - OV 1050v.zip"

Also, what is different about this ROM - "Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip" - compared to the 80.04.33.00.10 ones?

Lastly, even though I've OCed my 680Ms to 980MHz (NVIDIA Inspector shows the GPU Clock and the Boost Clock both at 980MHz), I've noticed that it'll sometimes still run at the default clock of 758MHz. In the different performance states, it'll drop down to 135MHz and 324MHz, which I can see in NVIDIA Inspector, as expected. But once I start to put a little bit of a load on it (such as the splash screens when a game is loading up), it'll jump up to 758MHz, and then up to 980MHz once there is a heavy load on it (once I am actually in game). Can anyone explain that one? Since the GPU and Boost clock are both set for 980MHz, shouldn't it always be running at 980MHz in Performance State P0? Not really consequential, just curious.

Thanks!

Hello svl

I just flashed MSI 680m's bios ( default clocks, just unlocked clocks ) but my clocks are still locked, i cant change them in MSI afterburner.

I also applied some other bios given by a friend, and even it has locked clocks.

I dont understand this at all.

Can you help?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to GPU OCing and am thankful for the wealth of information I've found at Tech|Inferno. I've downloaded and flashed the "Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (the only one I have access to, atm) ROM to my two 680Ms. I noticed the default Core clock for this particular ROM is 758MHz, as well as the same Boost clock. I've managed to modestly OC my GPUs to a Core clock of 980MHz with MSI Afterburner, with the same Boost clock and a Memory clock of 2250MHz. I've got a few questions.

As I can't access the other ROMs (I'm new, so maybe I missed something), I was curious as to the default clock settings for the other Clevo ROMs in the svl7's second post. Do these ROMs have higher default clocks?

"Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition'_revised_01.zip - OV 1000v.zip"

"Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition'_revised_01.zip - OV 1025v.zip"

"Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition'_revised_01.zip - OV 1050v.zip"

Also, what is different about this ROM - "Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip" - compared to the 80.04.33.00.10 ones?

Lastly, even though I've OCed my 680Ms to 980MHz (NVIDIA Inspector shows the GPU Clock and the Boost Clock both at 980MHz), I've noticed that it'll sometimes still run at the default clock of 758MHz. In the different performance states, it'll drop down to 135MHz and 324MHz, which I can see in NVIDIA Inspector, as expected. But once I start to put a little bit of a load on it (such as the splash screens when a game is loading up), it'll jump up to 758MHz, and then up to 980MHz once there is a heavy load on it (once I am actually in game). Can anyone explain that one? Since the GPU and Boost clock are both set for 980MHz, shouldn't it always be running at 980MHz in Performance State P0? Not really consequential, just curious.

Thanks!

I think I've noticed my card do something similar to your descriptions, but as you say, it always runs at the full max stiplulated clocks during a game, so we get the performance we're looking for. I don't know why it happens, but it doesn't reduce performance, so we can both be happy about that I think.

What I don't fully understand is even if you mod the vbios when running 3Dmark11 I'm pretty sure it's testing your CPU as well and if the bios is set to throttle with low CPU temps then would this vbios really do much? I ask this as I always seem to crash 3Dmark11 once it reaches the Physcis section of the test?

If you crash during the physics test then you should lower your CPU overclock, or increase the CPU voltage or check your bus clock or memory clock or... many things can be wrong if you changed the default settings. In case you didn't change the default settings then your system has a different kind of issue. However how are we supposed to help in any way if you don't provide us with some details? But please do this in a different thread in case you need help...

I think I've noticed my card do something similar to your descriptions, but as you say, it always runs at the full max stiplulated clocks during a game, so we get the performance we're looking for. I don't know why it happens, but it doesn't reduce performance, so we can both be happy about that I think.

Oh, I am definitely happy about the performance boost. The last part of my post was more of a curiosity than anything. I'm more interested in if anyone knows about the other parts of my post, such as if different default clock speeds are set in the other ROMs and, if so, what those close speeds are.

Hey svl7 is there any update on an overvolted version of the msi gtx 675mx 2gb? let me know if you need a tester or anything of the sorts. Or if i can help out in any way.

Hey man, give him a little donation. The enjoyment you can get out of the massively increased performance warranted by a modded vBIOS is worth giving a little monetary credit! :-) The way I look at it, each time I game on my laptop, it wouldn't be as good if svl7 hadn't have contributed his knowledge & expertise! :-) It's added about £500 worth of performance value to my laptop, so it's not worth debating in my eyes! ;-) EDIT: maybe not £500 added value, but definitely £300!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey man, give him a little donation. The enjoyment you can get out of the massively increased performance warranted by a modded vBIOS is worth giving a little monetary credit! :-) The way I look at it, each time I game on my laptop, it wouldn't be as good if svl7 hadn't have contributed his knowledge & expertise! :-) It's added about £500 worth of performance value to my laptop, so it's not worth debating in my eyes! ;-) EDIT: maybe not £500 added value, but definitely £300!

You're absolutely right man. I wasn't even thinking about that. and thanks again svl7 for all this hard work:bananajump:

one question..i hv alien 17 with gtx 780m...why in gpu-z, the memory shown is 1250 instead 2500..

That's just the way it is with GPUz. It's DDR which is Dual Data Rate so it is running at 5Ghz don't worry. Everyone's will show the same.

• Brian featured this topic