NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I picked up a 670MX for cheap recently and I'm hoping to use one of the VBIOS mods posted here to tweak the voltage on my HP Z1, which is a desktop all-in-one workstation that takes MXM cards. However, before flashing I want to be sure I'm using the right VBIOS since GPU-Z 0.7.2 lists the Subvendor as "NVIDIA (10DE)" rather than Clevo or MSI.

My card is the 3GB version, and the BIOS version is 80.04.58.00.03 (P2051-b003). Do I have the Clevo card and should I use the Clevo 670mx - 3GB - 80.04.58.00.03 - 'OC edition'_rev02.zip bios?

THANK YOU KLEM~:haha:

Testing is as follows

1, the core voltage is still 1.025:nosebleed_002:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8498[/ATTACH]

Start is 1.050

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8499[/ATTACH]

Soon becomes 1.025

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8500[/ATTACH]

2,1000 / 1200 3dmark 06 completed:haha:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8501[/ATTACH]

1000/1200 3dmark 11 completed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8502[/ATTACH]

But:

1050/1200 3dmark 06 fails:angry:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8503[/ATTACH]

1050/1200 3dmark 11 fails

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8504[/ATTACH]

3, in the 1000/1000 Game Error:canny:

Playing ALEN WAKE, sometimes the game screen will suddenly stopped, only press CTRL + ALT + DEL, and then select START TALK MANAGER to continue.

I looked GPUZ, then the voltage will become 0.962 from 1.025, then to 0.837. P8 is voltage. While the core becomes P5, 324/400. Then change back to 1.025 and P0 of CLOCK.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8505[/ATTACH]

The same situation also appears in CRYSIS 2. In NSF13 is out of the game.

However DOOM3 HD, RAGE run was perfect, there was no question above.

So I thought it might be the voltage goes from P0 to P8, is not to P8 and P5 fixed voltage is also better?

4, if you again MOD VBIOS, I will continue~~:haha:

- - - Updated - - -

see #2499~~

Hi, I think the reason for the benchmark & game failures is that your OC is not truly stable at the clocks & voltage you have set. Certain benchmarks & games seem to bring to light any problems with a borderline stable overclock. You could either try raising the voltage some more, or lower your overclock. Although, I'd be reluctant to raise the voltage anymore as you're already running it pretty high. Everyone's GPU will overclock to different levels, it's just the luck of the draw and comes down to the 'quality' of that piece of silicon you happen to have.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked up a 670MX for cheap recently and I'm hoping to use one of the VBIOS mods posted here to tweak the voltage on my HP Z1, which is a desktop all-in-one workstation that takes MXM cards. However, before flashing I want to be sure I'm using the right VBIOS since GPU-Z 0.7.2 lists the Subvendor as "NVIDIA (10DE)" rather than Clevo or MSI.

My card is the 3GB version, and the BIOS version is 80.04.58.00.03 (P2051-b003). Do I have the Clevo card and should I use the Clevo 670mx - 3GB - 80.04.58.00.03 - 'OC edition'_rev02.zip bios?

I think you've chosen the right vBIOS to select, it's the same one that I'm using now. These GTX 670MX's are truly stunning value, because they're the same chip as the GTX 770M, but can overclock like nobody's business; I've got a 68% overclock on mine with just a 37mv overvolt (a little faster than GTX 680M stock performance!). :-)

Hello,

One question, is this score in 3Dmark 11 acceptable?

In Crysis 3 i have avg. 30frames with evrything on ultra except AA, i chooses TXAA 4x4 (i think)

i7-4700mq

gtx680M SLI

I flashed OC BIOS 1025V, oced CORE +220, MEM: 480,

because if i check the top scores, i see mines are very low, others got 12k or 13k....

thanks in advance,

post-15528-14494995869212_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have the modded inf for the GTX 780M for Dell? I have tried a few but those doesn't work.

Or could anyone tell me what 3 lines to add to the inf file. I can do it myself.

I am trying to revert to 320.19 from 326.19 to see the difference in benchmark.

EDIT: Nevermind thanks, I fixed it. The easiest way is to copy the inf file using the 326.19 driver into the DIsplay.Driver folder of 320.19. They put the hardware ID in the inf file called nvdmn.inf. There are quite a few inf files and some of them include all of the older GPU, like 8800 GTX.

If anyone else is struggling with this, just start out with using the lines of code from INF used by the stock OEM display driver for your GPU. Copy and paste them to the new INF. You only need the lines of code that match your device ID. Or, in the example of 780M, just grab all the "119F" lines in each of the three sections and copy/paste those under the appropriate header. This trick should work the same for brands other than Dell/Alienware, too. You can use this to make older drivers work with newer GPUs. For example, I find the 314.22 WHQL driver to be be better than any of the 320 series, and 314.22 works nice with 780M.

With Windows 8, this kind of driver INF mod requires rebooting with DSE disabled during the installation process.

Hello,

One question, is this score in 3Dmark 11 acceptable?

In Crysis 3 i have avg. 30frames with evrything on ultra except AA, i chooses TXAA 4x4 (i think)

i7-4700mq

gtx680M SLI

I flashed OC BIOS 1025V, oced CORE +220, MEM: 480,

because if i check the top scores, i see mines are very low, others got 12k or 13k....

thanks in advance,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8549[/ATTACH]

Top scores will have overclocked CPUs, which will get up to 11k in the physics tests and also helps considerably in the combined test. You can add 400MHz to your CPU with Intel XTU.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think i'm gonna use the 1025v version on my 680m. Gpuz show me the gpu name is schenker 680m but there shuldn't be any problem cause it's on a clevo p150em configuration... i mean, i hope i don't end with "another brick in the wall"

GPU-Z reads the ID from the adapter, not from the card. You have a Schenker branded board, so it reads Schenker. Even if you put a Dell GPU in there it would still say 'Schenker' cause it never reads the ID from the card itself. As EM user with a Clevo GPU you can use any of the Clevo 680m vbios files.

Top scores will have overclocked CPUs, which will get up to 11k in the physics tests and also helps considerably in the combined test. You can add 400MHz to your CPU with Intel XTU.

Hello, thanks for your reply,

i tried oc with xtu, but when i overclock i only get to 3,45GHZ, till 3,46Ghz i get a freeze and a restart.

How can i oc further? is there anything i have to deactivate ? increasing the voltage doesnt helped.

thanks in advance

greetz

I am new to all this overclocking and stuff like that. I was just wondering though. I have the GTX 675mx and i would like to know if by flashing the VBIOS would help me get higher clocks. So far i can get up to 802 MHz/1150MHz before i start seeign 'artifacts". Would flashing the VBIOS prevent these artifacts?

Hmmm...Ok. how do i do that? I have the GT OND. I know there must be special tools that are needed for that. Hopefully you could point me in the right direction. And does a higher voltage means higher temps? Currently i get 40 degrees at idle for my CPU and 30 for my GPU. CPU maxes out at 80 during gaming.

It's all in the first post. Voltage increase will only have an effect on the 3d profile.

Clevo EM series laptop+Dell 680M (dell vbios of course) it will work maybe?

Yes, I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, thanks for your reply,

i tried oc with xtu, but when i overclock i only get to 3,45GHZ, till 3,46Ghz i get a freeze and a restart.

How can i oc further? is there anything i have to deactivate ? increasing the voltage doesnt helped.

thanks in advance

greetz

Oh I didn't know that the P370SM shipped with unlocked BCLK. In addition to what you've done with BCLK, you can raise your turbo ratio limits by 4, which should get you to around 3.9ghz, which in performance should equal an Ivy bridge at 4.2ghz and a sandy bridge at 4.3ghz.

Posted this in a couple places already but seems like this might be the best spot for it to get some eyeballs. Anyway I flashed my new setup (in sig) using the rev2 780M vbios and all went swimmingly. However I've just noticed that one of my cards (ID 1) will not go past stock 849 on the core no matter what I do or which software program I use. The other card has no issue. Anyone seen this?

It's all in the first post. Voltage increase will only have an effect on the 3d profile.

Thanks for the info svl7. So does the GTX675mx 2 gb OC edition have a higher voltage? I'm sorry if i'm asking redundant questions but i'm still a newbie to all of this.

Seems I haven't posted an overvolted 675mx version yet... will see that I can do that.

Thank you very much svl7. It is simply amazing the works you and the fellow techs on here can do. I will start doing some reading and try to learn a little more about all of this. I will check back everyday for new overvolted version !!! :nanahump:.. thank you in advance.

P.S when will i be able to download stuff and see pictures on the forums?

I just tried flashing my GPU but for some reason windows 8 wont let me do it. I followed the steps on making a bootable disk and added the nvflash and the vbios rom but after i choose to boot from the USB, windows 8 takes me to the boot manager window...but when i choose the option "Use a device : use a USB drive,network connection...." it just boots up like normal. is there something i am not doing correctly?

Thank you very much for the work slv7.i modded my gt70 680m bios with this one MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02.problem is on battery gaming it doesnt auto switch to p8 or p5 state cause of that after 5 second a shutdown acours.i made shortcut to destop with nvidia inspactor to force p8 or p5 state.is there any other way like the original vbios handled it? cause original vbios could switch to p8 or p5 when i switch to battery gaming without modifications so i dont need to click shortcuts.

• Brian featured this topic