NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

That was not a vbios problem but an issue with the software. I think that has been solved a long time ago.

so would u recommend Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 or Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip ??? stock voltages, my favourite was Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip but i wanna give the 80.04.67.00.01 one a go if any better or stable

I doubt you will notice a difference. Maybe the older one is even a bit better since the newer one is pretty revised but does not properly implement all the new features it seems.

Hi svl7, I'd be willing to make a donation if you could do an overvolt edition of "clevo-670mx-3gb-80.04.58.00.03_oc-edition.zip". Could you modify it to increase the voltage from the 0.925V to 1V? Do you think that's a sensible step up in voltage? My temperatures are good, so I'm not worried about the cooling system not being able to handle it. Thanks.

Yeah, I'll take a look at it. Best will probably be to just unlock that voltage slider.

[MENTION=14487]Kris Moore[/MENTION]: HP K3000m added to second post.

Yeah, I'll take a look at it. Best will probably be to just unlock that voltage slider.

Thanks for saying you'll take a look at it. Ah, I see, you're talking about me being able to use NVidia Inspector to change the voltage myself? That sounds useful, because then I don't have to constantly re-flash the vBIOS & can experiment easily with different voltages. Will that involve me flashing a new vBIOS from you? Is there any info you need from me?

I don't have a Clevo machine for testing but it won't do harm, the vbios is perfectly compatible with all current 780m, if you notice issues such as HDMI not working or similar it is due to the Clevo system and not the card / vbios, but let me know if you should encounter such behavior.

Has anyone overclocked a GTX Titan on a Linux system? I am so far unsuccessful with the nvidia-settings application. Perhaps if it is impossible through software, could it be viable to create a VBIOS specifically for Linux that does not need manual software intervention to have high clock speeds/voltage?

There have been some Linux overclocking tools for Nvidia cards a while ago... not sure whether there is still one that supports the current GPU generation. In this case you only have two options - writing an overclocking tool or using a vbios with higher default clocks.

svl7 , could you give me a hand, the vbios works perfectly (780m), my problem is only in battery mode when the battery use with the standard clocks are always on, not low level p0 to p5 as the vbios to normal if that's not causing game whenever the notebook is turned off suddenly, as did many tests, provided that only use the battery with some game, it turns off after 30-1 minute, I realized that if under the clocks and voltage mode battery holds a longer time before shutting down, this should not be normal, but as I say, only happens when in battery mode, loaded you can play without any problem even with good overclocks

Nope, grab the latest here: http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/3827-latest-nvflash-windows-dos.html

- - - Updated - - -

@Robbo: You can try this. Please post a screenshot of Nvidia Inspector.

As always, use at your own risk.

Hey svl7, thanks for providing me with that vBIOS, it works! I managed to up the voltage to 1V, which gave an additional 160Mhz on the core up to 1060Mhz on the Core. Memory didn't want to overclock significantly more than the 1100Mhz that it was already at on stock voltage. Please find attached the pic that you asked for showing that all is working well! 3DMark11 GPU score at P6287 (just a hair faster than an average stock GTX 680M), so overvolting gave me 14% increase in performance over my previous overclock at stock voltage. Temperatures didn't go over 65degC, but the fans did spin up faster (sounds like it did when I had my overclocked GTX 560M in there!). I'm going to game on stock voltage at my previous overclock (in my sig), and then perhaps in the future as games become more advanced I'll overvolt for that extra 14% performance.

OK, once again, great job svl7, I'll give you a donation in the morning, need some sleep now!!

EDIT: I noticed there's a splash screen after pressing the power button, before posting, where it flashes up your name & tech inferno something or other. What's that for, it wasn't there as part of your previous vBIOS?

EDIT2: GPU is using about 20W more with the overvolt and increased overclock in comparison to my previous overclock at stock voltage. No surprise really, voltage makes a big difference!

EDIT3: Yep, there's that beer for you!

EDIT4: Gees, I love these edits! Just some additional info for anyone reading this, I had to run NVidia Inspector as an administrator in order for clocks & voltage to stick.

post-14345-14494995762605_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks good, I'll put that in the second post. The splash screen is there in all of the vbios mods, maybe I forgot to the last version if you didn't see anything. It's there for a reason and doesn't do any harm.

You're almost at the limit with the clock slider, hahahaha, guess I might need to adjust that sometime.

Cheers!

Looks good, I'll put that in the second post. The splash screen is there in all of the vbios mods, maybe I forgot to the last version if you didn't see anything. It's there for a reason and doesn't do any harm.

You're almost at the limit with the clock slider, hahahaha, guess I might need to adjust that sometime.

Cheers!

Haha, yes, if I decide to 'max out' the voltage, then praps I'd be able to get it past 1150Mhz on the core! I think the fans & cooling system will take it, there's more potential on that side. I feel that I won't increase the memory clock any more, as the last voltage increase didn't increase the memory clock, so I feel that my memory's right on the limit at the moment. I'm hoping that the 2GFlops of processing power that my overclocked GTX 670MX can deliver, will be enough for the next gen of games at my resolution of 1600x900, considering that PS4 will only have 1.84 teraflops & rendering at 1920x1080 right? (Although consoles are more efficient). Yes, I hope this will last me a good few years now! Thanks for your efforts once again svl7! :-)

EDIT: I'm curious, what's the reason that you state for the splash screen? Subliminal Advertising!? ;-) No, I'd be OK with that even if it was I guess! (yep, I'm OK with it not doing any harm).

Core voltage doesn't have any effect on the memory, if you want to go higher on the mem you will have to do a hardmod.

I started with the boot screen stuff when I realized that pretty much all of my mods were being sold on Asian forums.

• Thumbs Up 1

Core voltage doesn't have any effect on the memory, if you want to go higher on the mem you will have to do a hardmod.

I started with the boot screen stuff when I realized that pretty much all of my mods were being sold on Asian forums.

Hey thanks, I learned something today! :-) I hadn't realised the voltage increase was just for the core, no wonder it had no impact on the memory clock! Thanks for your explanation of the splash screen - understandable of you to do that!

Possibly, I need the vbios.

I'm curious, did you already disassemble your system? I really want to know what kind of mess Asus designed this time regarding GPU, I doubt it's even similar to MXM. Please post some pics in the Asus section in case you already opened your system.

Great work svl7 lots of info here.

System info:

Sager NP9370 with Premas bios mod V2

Dual Nvidia GTX 680M stock vbios(for now)

32g ram running at 1600mhz

Intel i7 3740qm cpu

Hope that's enough info needed for any troubleshooting

I keep getting an error msg that nvidia kernel/driver 320.49 has recovered successfully. I read somewhere that that was believed to be related to nvidia trying to maximize performance but not increasing voltage to the cards. Do you believe this true or would you have a suggestion on how to fix my problem?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

• Brian featured this topic