NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

killer thanks for the help, finally i got the modded rom with the 311.70 driver, i change the name as you say in both parts (lines) and safe the .inf, then i disable the sign for the install and...woala, Works, ty man, i test everything now, did you have some configurations to oc the gtx780(core mem +?) to test it? without increase V?

killer thanks for the help, finally i got the modded rom with the 311.70 driver, i change the name as you say in both parts (lines) and safe the .inf, then i disable the sign for the install and...woala, Works, ty man, i test everything now, did you have some configurations to oc the gtx780(core mem +?) to test it? without increase V?

ok i will try the test starting with your cfg man, now we now that the problem origin for the mod.rom is the driver and hybrid power, important for gt70 2Od users, regards!

For drivers, extract using 7-Zip (v9.25 x64) NVIDIA DRIVERS 326.41BETA Intrnational folder>delete GFExperience / MS.NET folders>copy/paste NVWMI folder from MSI 311.70 driver / International folder.

Extracted driver>Display.Driver folder> copy/overwrite NVMIn.inf>International folder run setup.exe

Disable driver signing and enable F8 safe boot option. Command prompt(admin) then reboot.

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Exit safe mode / normal boot

bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

NVMIn.inf_PCIVEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_05AA1462_v326.41.zip

• Thumbs Up 3

For drivers, extract 7-Zip (v9.25 x64) NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL Intrnational folder>delete GFExperience / MS.NET folders>copy/paste NVWMI folder from MSI 311.70 driver / International folder.

Use first nvcvn.inf http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/8109d1372827532-nvcvn.inf_msi_gt702od_gtx780m_v320.49.zip then try with NVMIn.inf http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/8111d1372840127-nvmin.inf_msi_gt702od_gtx780m_v320.49.zip

Disable driver signing and enable F8 safe boot option. Command prompt(admin) then reboot.

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Exit safe mode / normal boot

bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

the bootmenupolicy was set to standard

Supported card ;) still better disable driver signing, safe mode option only when pressing F8 like win Win 7; useful for testing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great job everyone!!! I'm following this thread with great interest. Don't have a GTX780m yet, but will be getting one as soon as ASUS G750 w/ 780M gets released. I appreciate all the work you guys have put in to make it work. Grateful!

@CACV , @dttran83 , could one of you guys test if the voltage changes when u increase it?
Hi, I recently flashed my GTX 780M (Clevo P150SM) with the modded vbios, and it worked perfectly. It completely removed the +135 core limit which previously existed in MSI Afterburner. However, I found out that I couldn't go higher than that anyway. My max clocks with the stock vbios was +135 / +500, and after flashing with the modded vbios, it remained the same. At +140 core, I can't even complete the first benchmark in 3DMark11 without freezing, whereas I've used +135 core to complete numerous entire runs. I was hoping that a slight increase in voltage would stabilize higher core clocks. When I used Nvidia inspector to apply +25mV, it appears to show that the voltage has increased, but when I check GPU-z it still shows a max of 1.012v (i.e. stock values). I would love it if the voltage modifier worked - the 780M I have handles +135 without any problems, and I'm thinking it could probably go a little higher with slightly increased voltage. My old GTX 680M was flashed with a modded bios that increased voltage to 1.037v, and that GPU was able to run completely stable at 1050MHz on the core.

Hi, I recently flashed my GTX 780M (Clevo P150SM) with the modded vbios, and it worked perfectly. It completely removed the +135 core limit which previously existed in MSI Afterburner. However, I found out that I couldn't go higher than that anyway. My max clocks with the stock vbios was +135 / +500, and after flashing with the modded vbios, it remained the same. At +140 core, I can't even complete the first benchmark in 3DMark11 without freezing, whereas I've used +135 core to complete numerous entire runs. I was hoping that a slight increase in voltage would stabilize higher core clocks. When I used Nvidia inspector to apply +25mV, it appears to show that the voltage has increased, but when I check GPU-z it still shows a max of 1.012v (i.e. stock values). I would love it if the voltage modifier worked - the 780M I have handles +135 without any problems, and I'm thinking it could probably go a little higher with slightly increased voltage. My old GTX 680M was flashed with a modded bios that increased voltage to 1.037v, and that GPU was able to run completely stable at 1050MHz on the core.

What is your PSU output rate? On the MSI side (gt70 w/ gtx780M) which has 180watt power brick is having the same issue. I have no doubt in my mind if this modded bios can be tested on a machine that has higher power brick, it would push a lot further. Of course temps will then become the next threshold...

Great job everyone!!! I'm following this thread with great interest. Don't have a GTX780m yet, but will be getting one as soon as ASUS G750 w/ 780M gets released. I appreciate all the work you guys have put in to make it work. Grateful!

The Asus system will have a crippled abomination of a MXM card, or maybe even an on-board solution... Don't take it for granted that you will be able to flash the bios or vbios without any issues or complications.

When I used Nvidia inspector to apply +25mV, it appears to show that the voltage has increased, but when I check GPU-z it still shows a max of 1.012v (i.e. stock values). I would love it if the voltage modifier worked - the 780M I have handles +135 without any problems, and I'm thinking it could probably go a little higher with slightly increased voltage. My old GTX 680M was flashed with a modded bios that increased voltage to 1.037v, and that GPU was able to run completely stable at 1050MHz on the core.

What if you try more than +25mv? I see no reason why it shouldn't work... no issues at all in my M15x and in @johnksss M18x R2, it got tested on Clevo cards and on MSI cards...

Maybe another BIOS limitation... the M18x R2 hasn't been able to overclock the 680m in the beginning, only a BIOS update solved this, the M15x only allowed OCing with some vbios adjustment etc. ... Setting the core clock for you works so I'd expect the rest to work as well. Which driver are you using?

@svl7 <object id="baeb8b48-a8c8-98bf-0849-2baa0ba4a391" width="0" height="0" type="application/gas-events-abn"></object>Can we 680 owners expect an unlocked voltage slider vbios any time soon? Cheers

Right... another thing on my to-do list. It's not that important if you ask me, currently you won't be able to go higher than 1.1V anyway, and I'm inclined to say that this is indeed the limit, even though I'll try some things.

I don't think it's necessarily a PSU problem, because right now I'm using a modified Dell/Delta 240W power supply. I read on NBR forums that the stock Clevo 180W PSU wasn't enough for the +135/+500 overclock, so I prepared a modified PSU (...and even took the chance to make a guide for it there).

SVL7 - I'm using the WHQL 320.49 drivers. With regards to the voltage: if I tried something higher than +25mV, then the voltage increase might actually occur? If that's so, could I try something like +50mV or +75mV and then monitor the voltage in GPU-z under load to see if it's actually hitting 1.037v? I'm a little worried about applying anything greater than +50mV, do you think that would be OK?

Right... another thing on my to-do list. It's not that important if you ask me, currently you won't be able to go higher than 1.1V anyway, and I'm inclined to say that this is indeed the limit, even though I'll try some things.

I appreciate it svl7, and I don't mind if it is just a little, since all I want is a bit more something between 1 and 1.25 (this heats up my card past what I want under load), so I can oc my card a bit more as I am on the edge of what I want to be stable.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

• Brian featured this topic