NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I'm using an MSI card and 320.49 is doing well. Might be your system.

Yes, the throttling will be gone, unless your temperatures are way too high. Just use the modified version of your bios, whether you want more voltage or not is up to you to decided. The turbo button will loose it's functionality with the modified vbios, I removed that since it's pointless with the mod vbios.

ya , I think its the MSI system itself .... the 311.70 from MSI work so , well the 320.49 do work well except it bugs out sometimes when switching from igpu to dgpu but thats all, also the 780M OC vbios on MSI GPU with the MSI laptop doesn't allow the voltage to go above 1.012 , which i believe is the default max voltage if i am not wrong. it might just be that the NOS system they created might have a fixed voltage set for the Card on MB ... maybe i hope i am wrong

Did you use the Nvidia Inspector?

Also you could try it without the MSI software installed, i.e. without that nos crap etc.

sadly enough the NOS system is built into the laptop itself , yea i was primarily using inspector , i posted the MSI vbios in this thread , but u have been working on a MSI vbios so it has to be the MSI laptop , but in all seriousness the card is great even without the increase power .

Thanks for reply. Yes, I tried using VideoInspector, now even tried to disable MSI VGA Overclock Tool. Throttling not lost. I will examine the topic of firmware vBios, to minimize risk. Normal BIOS even pierced repeatedly, but with the vBios has not had to deal. What version of start, which 1000v?

First of all make sure your throttling isn't caused by overheating GPU or CPU.

Hey svl7,

Will the gtx 780m vbios prevented it from down clock? My card start to downclock from 980mhz to 967mhz at around 84c. I have a MSI gt60-20D. Thank!

Hey svl7,

Will the gtx 780m vbios prevented it from down clock? My card start to downclock from 980mhz to 967mhz at around 84c. I have a MSI gt60-20D. Thank!

thats due to the dynamic system, maybe u have the temp target set to 85 or something similiar?

Hi everyone

I have a Clevo P170EM with a GTX680M. I have flashed the 80.33.0.10 vbios with stock voltage.

I use MSI afterburner to overclock the card but I am not sure what are the admissible values for an onverclock for core and mem. I set them to +250 and +500 (~1005/2400), are these ok?

When I use these values after a while gaming I hit 90ºC temp and the card down clocks to 324 MHz and it doesn't recover unless I reboot is this normal?

This down clocking also happens if I set values like +250 and +400 core and mem. Onec again is it normal?

Can anyone tell me a decent value set that is stable and maximizes the performance I can get?

Thank you so much in advance.

First of all make sure your throttling isn't caused by overheating GPU or CPU.

Ok, i will. Thanks for your help. Now, noticed that throttling starts somewhere on 85-86 °C (without overclocking, but with "turbo" key). Is this normal?

yea you can change it in your overclocking utility or it might just be downclocking due to power restrictions but it take alot into consideration when it starts to downclock

I really think it power limitation. I had try various clock from 100 to 135 on the core. Whenever it hit around 84c it start to down clock. Does your downclock at a certain temperature killerinstinct?

dttran83 you have to put LEGACY in boot menú to get it, J95, i make all things in order and i manage to install the 320.49 with the mod.rom, but when i reboot in the first tame i can make it start, so i have to put the original.rom in order to start Windows and delete all drivers, i think msi have a lot of limitations in this 2OD versions, i put here if neccesary my original GTX780M GT70 2OD.rom if someone can help me!GTX780MO.zip

Sorry for that, i rename to.zip thats why is corrupted, here's the .zip one!, gtx780m2OD.zip , I forgot to mention that when you start windows after the installation of the drivers 320.49 with mod bios it says " driver power state failure ", i even manage to install the original driver with the mod.rom

Sorry for that, i rename to.zip thats why is corrupted, here's the .zip one!, [ATTACH]8116[/ATTACH] , I forgot to mention that when you start windows after the installation of the drivers 320.49 with mod bios it says " driver power state failure ", i even manage to install the original driver with the mod.rom

NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

It does not support laptop with hybrid power. I recommend you to use the 311.70 on MSI website.

Dttran83, could be that all the problems include the mod.rom i think, i make some test now if i can manage to install that driver with the mod.rom, regards!

I just flash with the vbios and having the same issue like you did with the Microsoft basic display adapters. How did you fix this issue? Thank!

dttran83, i make a lot of test and can't manage to get it work, only bsods, the problems is like you indicate, the drivers isnt compatible, but also with the mod.rom we can install the MSI 314.48 driver, and that is the only compatible driver we have, i don't try to modify the .inf of that driver, is the last thing left to prove, if changing the inf achievement run the mod.rom

The entries for the 119F.10EA.1462 will need to be changed to 119F.05AA.1462 for the 311.70 drivers to work on the modded ROM

the modded ROM works on the MSI cards , it is most likely a limitation in the bios that we can't increase voltage

the BSOD are caused by driver incompatibilities most likely due to the NOS system since no other laptop companies is using this technology

• Thumbs Up 1

The entries for the 119F.10EA.1462 will need to be changed to 119F.05AA.1462 for the 311.70 drivers to work on the modded ROM

the modded ROM works on the MSI cards , it is most likely a limitation in the bios that we can't increase voltage

the BSOD are caused by driver incompatibilities most likely due to the NOS system since no other laptop companies is using this technology

• Brian featured this topic