NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Teaser:

Coming soon to a mobile Kepler GPU in your notebook... let me present you - full control:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7935[/ATTACH]

If don't notice anything, check the Nvidia Inspector... :P

Edit: Ah yeah, btw, that's on my M15x ;)

Hello

Very very good

Impressive

svl7 (or anybody else), I'm using the software unlocked vBIOS available in this forum & I've been noticing some interesting behaviour of my cards voltage when at full load. Normally while at full load the card operates at 0.925V, but every so often, sometimes for extended periods of time, it will drop to 0.9V (while still operating at the same frequencies). I don't think it's a problem, apart from my slight concern that it might make overclocks unstable, but I'm more curious as to why it's doing this. Anybody?

I did read in another forum that someone thought it was related to the cards temperature, and initially I thought it was dropping the voltage when it got to 61degC, but sometimes it'll just go ahead and operate at 0.925V even at 63degC. Maybe there's more than one variable that controls the voltage?

Teaser:

Coming soon to a mobile Kepler GPU in your notebook... let me present you - full control:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7935[/ATTACH]

If don't notice anything, check the Nvidia Inspector... :P

Edit: Ah yeah, btw, that's on my M15x ;)

Hey that's truly impressive, forever closing the gap between mobile and desktop cards. I have hypothetical, does the GPU ramping up work 100% meaning is it possible to crank voltage and power target up to max (or quite high), set a temperature limit and have the card overclock itself? If it is the case I'm definitely getting one.

It's a pleasure to announce that after all the teasing we finally release the modified vbios for the Nvidia GTX 780m.

This is a result of a close collaboration between @johnksss and myself. There's a lot effort and many hours of work and testing behind this, and the result is a vbios which will allow you to release the power of the GK104 chip on that card. To put it in numbers, you can now break 10k GPU score in 3dMark11 without any hardmods or extreme auxiliary cooling.

Also an very big thank you @chiefule for sending me his card just so I could mess with it!! :D That's just hella awesome!! Really appreciate it! Without this there would most likely be no slider control.

You can grab the vbios at the end of the second post of this thread.

post-80-14494995616565_thumb.jpg

I recommend being reasonable when using those sliders, you have been warned.

Flash and use at your own risk.

• Thumbs Up 17

Indeed! This was a very fun project to say the the least. Now lets see if anyone can really unlock the power of their cards!!

Have fun and know that team us (svl7 & me) were first. :D

• Thumbs Up 7

• Founder

Thanks to @svl7 and @johnksss for the hard work on the vbios. And thanks to reborn for sending the card to marco to help the community. Good job everyone and here's a front page post with the announcement: Unlocked NVIDIA GTX 780M VBIOS - Tech|Inferno | Tech|Inferno

• Thumbs Up 1

why does 3D-Vision will not work? I'am a little confused about it,

where is the difference between GTX 680m and GTX 780m in case of 3D-Vision?

Is there a fix planed for the future?

The new Alienware17 works well with the GTX780m I think.

That's great work on the unlock for the 780! Still waiting on the Sager 9370s to get support for the 780...Dear Clevo, FASTER!

But meanwhile, I think this was overlooked (or perhaps no one knew) in my last post: Does anyone actually game with their 680m (I am running SLI) overclocked? Or just use it to bench? IF you game that way, what have you found to be comfortable? Or is it different per game? I have pushed mine for benches but saw the temps in there and didnt trust it for gaming!

I never play with overclock, but many people do, this is something you have to decide for yourself. It certainly gives you a performance gain. The overclock you can run will be different for every game, I won't be surprised if some games won't take any overclock at all.

Also to answer the other question asked here before - the 780m vbios posted here will work on all current 780m, you can't do anything wrong if you flash according to my instructions. SSID override is ok, the rest isn't.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's great work on the unlock for the 780! Still waiting on the Sager 9370s to get support for the 780...Dear Clevo, FASTER!

But meanwhile, I think this was overlooked (or perhaps no one knew) in my last post: Does anyone actually game with their 680m (I am running SLI) overclocked? Or just use it to bench? IF you game that way, what have you found to be comfortable? Or is it different per game? I have pushed mine for benches but saw the temps in there and didnt trust it for gaming!

I think you can play games with an overclock with no problem, as long as your temperatures are OK (and as long as you're not over-volting). I used to have an M1530 with 8600M GT, that I used to use overclocked by 47% on the core & 74% on the shaders, temps were always below 85 degC, and I used it for 4 years like that - it still works. My GTX 560M that used to be in the machine I have now I used overclocked for a year overclocked by 20% (as much as it would take), temps never over 65degC. Currently planning on using my GTX 670MX which is installed now, overclocked by 50%, doesn't go over 63degC, using this as a daily overclock. I would try & keep the temperatures below 90degC if you can.

It's a pleasure to announce that after all the teasing we finally release the modified vbios for the Nvidia GTX 780m.

Hello there svl7, do you pretend to release a Clevo 680 vBIOS with unlocked sliders as well? Would you mod my vBIOS for that?

Cheers<object id="49c84b48-0bbb-90be-19db-babf3986bcb6" width="0" height="0" type="application/gas-events-abn"></object>

svl7 hello man!, i try to flash the 780m with my gt70 2OD but always say me: a newer versión of nvflash is required (when i try to overwrite and tap Y), i have the latest versión, Regards!

why does 3D-Vision will not work? I'am a little confused about it,

where is the difference between GTX 680m and GTX 780m in case of 3D-Vision?

Is there a fix planed for the future?

The new Alienware17 works well with the GTX780m I think.

That's because NVIDIA wants the Notebook OEM pay for each gpu to support 3D...

svl7 hello man!, i try to flash the 780m with my gt70 2OD but always say me: a newer versión of nvflash is required (when i try to overwrite and tap Y), i have the latest versión, Regards!

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/3827-latest-nvflash-windows-dos.html

• Brian featured this topic