NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Yeah, then I need to modify that version, the one I posted might cause issues in your system.

How come? It works pretty well, practically jumping it to a stock 680m.. but I think it might be throttling on some games for some reason

I did backup mine before flashing. Is it of use to you?

Is it a Sager or Clevo notebook? Yes please if you could share. Although I did just use svl7's OC BIOS and it worked for what I need I think, but it'd be good to have the original too if you don't mind posting. I did back mine up but can't find it!

Is it a Sager or Clevo notebook? Yes please if you could share. Although I did just use svl7's OC BIOS and it worked for what I need I think, but it'd be good to have the original too if you don't mind posting. I did back mine up but can't find it!

Mine is a Clevo since my computer is a Mythlogic... PM me with your email and I send it to you...

Hey, just wondering for precision M6700 and K3000M, how much gain would i get if i unlock the bios (flash it)? How much +Mhz core is capable, i see 20% gain with +135mhz, how much further would i be able to push it ? :)

My bios currently is 80.04.33.00.33, device ID: 10DE-11BE (GPU GK104GL rev A2). Since im total noob in flashing and overclocking GPU, what would be the risks of overclocking it over 135mhz, i watched temps with +135mhz and under 100% load they stayed under 70c. FPS in Grid2 without overclocking (maxed out 1080p was 25fps) and with overclocking 33fps, also i did 3dmark 2011 and results were 2500 without OC and 3100P with +135Mhz on the core... so significant change only with +135mhz. Maby i should not push it harder ? All feedback welcome :)

also just wondering (i am noob) will this vbios be compitable with the K3000M model GK104GL, current bios: 80.04.33.03.33 rev A2 and Device ID 10DE-11BE Dell (1028) ???:beated:

svl7,

When using a vbios with OV or non OV on my 680m there is a throttling problem when temps reach 90c this is even when not overclocked. Is there any resolution to this throttling temperature problem?

Depends on how much work you want to put into it. The copper plate on the heatsink that contacts the gpu die is bent with grooves in the middle. You can improve temps by up to 20C by sanding this plate level and raising the die pressure. I sanded mine on a countertop edge.

If you don't want to sand it, then you can still improve temps some by increasing the pressure on the gpu die.

Depends on how much work you want to put into it. The copper plate on the heatsink that contacts the gpu die is bent with grooves in the middle. You can improve temps by up to 20C by sanding this plate level and raising the die pressure. I sanded mine on a countertop edge.

If you don't want to sand it, then you can still improve temps some by increasing the pressure on the gpu die.

khenglish,

Do you have more information on the resistor modification. Specificly how to solder an additional resistor to increase memory voltage?

SVL7 would it be possible to open up the core clock and memory a little more on the k3000m? i have the core clock at +500 and it runs great but it wont max the slider at +542 im not sure why i think it might just be to close to the new set limit same thing with the memory

whenever you get around to it thanks

Do you really run your K3000M core +500MHz overclocked? Are voltages default or what mods have you done? I am thinking about flashing the vbios for my K3000M (precision m6700) but still not sure how to find out what are safe OC clocks ... :)

EDIT:

Since i was curious, i ran the test and benchmarks myself, i have tried the VBIOS mod for K3000M card and the results are here:

post-13882-14494995481829_thumb.jpg

Default: 3dmark 2011 graphics score 2515 points

Overclocked (+434MHz core): 3918 points

Temperatures under 100% load with 1087MHz core were: 52-63c, fans were not even fully engaged, very impressive.

Score comparison in 3dmark11:

Nvidia 580M GTX 3390 POINTS beaten by K3000M, easy

Quadro K4000M:rolleyes: 3610 POINTS beaten by K3000M

FURMARK 15MIN test, 63c max, great cooling system on this beast, much better than alienware m17x.

Very happy, thank you!

That is some really good observations from you. I also have a m6700 with a dual core 3540m and a K5000m. Temps in game never go above 75 degrees Celsius and the entire unit never throttles. I hope to be able to try out the new vbios that will enable me to do some serious OC on my card. Also I am swapping the CPU next with a 3940XM.

• Brian featured this topic