NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi ppl,

Here are my answers:

Clevo: P150EM

GPU : GTX 680M

vBios: svl7 vbios stock Voltage

Core / Memory Clock : 936 / 1200

3d Mark 11 : GPU score 7612

3d Mark Vantage : GPU score 26603

I hope it's helpful :)

Best Regards to all

Hi MeNtAl_DaRkNeSs, your stock bios it's already 80.04.33.00.10 version? so you use the same oc version?

I have tried 3 Dell vBIOS for the 680m (both of the non OV and one OV) and no matter what my clocks stay the same while in SLI mode. I can overclock all I want when SLI is disabled but I still am hitting that 135 limit. I have a brand new alienware m18x R2.

Hi MeNtAl_DaRkNeSs, your stock bios it's already 80.04.33.00.10 version? so you use the same oc version?

Hi, I don't remember which version was my stock vbios... Anyway I'm loving this vbios with stock voltage, I have great temps and great performance :D

Best Regards to all

Anybody have any success overclocking dual 680m in SLI on an M18x R2? Do I need an unlocked BIOS as well as a modded vBIOS because whatever vBIOS I try the thing just sticks at stock clocks in SLI. I can only overclock with SLI off and I can't turn it off, overclock, then turn back on.

clevo sells their laptops with bent heatsink plates so that it is impossible to get good die contact without lapping heatsinks. You can somewhat compensate by using a large amount of thermal paste, but flattening out the heatsink is the only true fix. I sanded mine flat on the edge of a countertop with 800 grit sandpaper. Arctic silver is an outdated thermal paste. I suggest IC Diamond instead.

Yeah, I see what you mean, my idle temp on CPU is 77-80 Celsius.

If I turn the fans to max with FN+9 it can't get lower than 72

My 675MX idles at 40 Celsius so there is probably something wrong

Anybody have any success overclocking dual 680m in SLI on an M18x R2? Do I need an unlocked BIOS as well as a modded vBIOS because whatever vBIOS I try the thing just sticks at stock clocks in SLI. I can only overclock with SLI off and I can't turn it off, overclock, then turn back on.
I have the same laptop with 680m SLI.

With stock BIOS I had a +135MHz limit while overclocking.

Now I use the stock voltage modded version, and the limit is gone.

What program are you using to overclock?

Yeah, I see what you mean, my idle temp on CPU is 77-80 Celsius.

If I turn the fans to max with FN+9 it can't get lower than 72

My 675MX idles at 40 Celsius so there is probably something wrong

There is definitely something wrong. Your idle temps should be around 50C.

Check your heatsink, maybe the contact with your cpu is not optimal.

did you flash both your cards using i<card number> command?

0-for card 1

1-for card 2

if you directly flashed without card number, i think it only flashes the master card

explains why overclock limit +135mhz is not there when sli is off

i would advise you to save BOTH their vbios seperately for flashing back to stock

did you flash both your cards using i<card number> command?

0-for card 1

1-for card 2

if you directly flashed without card number, i think it only flashes the master card

explains why overclock limit +135mhz is not there when sli is off

i would advise you to save BOTH their vbios seperately for flashing back to stock

I agree with Rajat. That's what most likely happened. Make sure you follow the steps for flashing the vBIOS correctly and repeat the process for the second card typing 1 this time.

I agree with Rajat. That's what most likely happened. Make sure you follow the steps for flashing the vBIOS correctly and repeat the process for the second card typing 1 this time.

I use EVGA precision X to overclock and the slider only would go to 135 but the clock would never change. I tried MSI afterburner and same result.

I flashed each card separately.

first command i used was -i0 -6 oc.rom

and the second was -i1 -6 oc.rom

oc was what I had changed the file name too and I know it was successful because both cards vBIOS changed in GPUz yet no matter what the 135 limit was still there and the cards would not over clock or over volt at all. I am using the standard dell A10 BIOS at the moment. My cards are both flashed back to stock bios and I know I did that correct because again it changed in GPUz.

What could I be doing wrong? The new techinferno pop up did appear at launch of my computer too until I flashed the stock. I backed up the vbios of both of my cards but I only used one file to restore since they both had the exact same vBIOS version, file size, and everything. My computer runs fine but I would really like to overclock in SLI.

It's really weird. If you saw the slv7 logo at boot it means that you did flashed the cards. Today I tried flashing the cards again with the vBIOS I've already been using successfully and all went well. I flashed in the following way, give it a try:

1) summon cmd.exe in Administrator mode

2) nvflash -b backup.rom

3) nvflash -4 -5 -6 "Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00 - OV 1050v.rom" (the most stable vBIOS with my system. It allows me higher OC > +292mhz core clock +400mhz memory).

4) follow the prompt - it will ask you if you want to go ahead and flash, type YES

5) it will ask you again if you want to flash the second GPU, type YES

6) done, type EXIT

7) reboot and check all it's working

It's really weird. If you saw the slv7 logo at boot it means that you did flashed the cards. Today I tried flashing the cards again with the vBIOS I've already been using successfully and all went well. I flashed in the following way, give it a try:

2) nvflash -b backup.rom

3) nvflash -4 -5 -6 "Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00 - OV 1050v.rom" (the most stable vBIOS with my system. It allows me higher OC > +292mhz core clock +400mhz memory).

4) follow the prompt - it will ask you if you want to go ahead and flash, type YES

6) done, type EXIT

I flashed from DOS. I can't figure how to do it from windows. If you can link me a decent guide or PM me the process I will give it a try. Thanks.

I use EVGA precision X to overclock and the slider only would go to 135 but the clock would never change. I tried MSI afterburner and same result.

I flashed each card separately.

first command i used was -i0 -6 oc.rom

and the second was -i1 -6 oc.rom

oc was what I had changed the file name too and I know it was successful because both cards vBIOS changed in GPUz yet no matter what the 135 limit was still there and the cards would not over clock or over volt at all. I am using the standard dell A10 BIOS at the moment. My cards are both flashed back to stock bios and I know I did that correct because again it changed in GPUz.

What could I be doing wrong? The new techinferno pop up did appear at launch of my computer too until I flashed the stock. I backed up the vbios of both of my cards but I only used one file to restore since they both had the exact same vBIOS version, file size, and everything. My computer runs fine but I would really like to overclock in SLI.

I used this procedure:

Backup (Dump) Primary GPU:

nvflash -b backup0.rom
[RIGHT]Backup (Dump) Secondary GPU:

[/RIGHT]

nvflash -b backup1.rom
[RIGHT]Flash Primary GPU:

[/RIGHT]

nvflash -i0 -5 -6 FILENAME.ROM
[RIGHT]Flash Secondary GPU:

[/RIGHT]

nvflash -i1 -5 -6 FILENAME.ROM

Both Windows and DOS version have the same commands. On windows you have to run cmd as administrator.

I used this procedure:

Backup (Dump) Primary GPU: nvflash -b backup0.rom
[RIGHT]Backup (Dump) Secondary GPU: [/RIGHT] nvflash -b backup1.rom
[RIGHT]Flash Primary GPU: [/RIGHT] nvflash -i0 -5 -6 FILENAME.ROM

[/RIGHT]

Both Windows and DOS version have the same commands. On windows you have to run cmd as administrator.

type 'dir' command to see what files are in the folder, and type THAT rom name which IT shows and when flashing in DOS, it has 8 letter file name restriction, try using less than 8 letter if more than 8 also did you try the verify command to check it?

There is definitely something wrong. Your idle temps should be around 50C.

Check your heatsink, maybe the contact with your cpu is not optimal.

It's just me being stubid, EVGA precision X had five processes of voltage tuner at the same time using 75% of the CPU.

Now it is at 45-49 degrees and much more quiet

I used this procedure:

Backup (Dump) Primary GPU:

nvflash -b backup0.rom
[RIGHT]Backup (Dump) Secondary GPU:

[/RIGHT]

nvflash -b backup1.rom
[RIGHT]Flash Primary GPU:

[/RIGHT]

nvflash -i0 -5 -6 FILENAME.ROM

[/RIGHT]

When I flashed my cards I only used -i0 -6 .rom not -i0 -5 -6 .rom. Could that be the problem?

When I flashed my cards I only used -i0 -6 .rom not -i0 -5 -6 .rom. Could that be the problem?
-i - Force a specific device index.

-5 - Allow firmware and adapter PCI device ID mismatch.

-6 - Allow firmware and adapter PCI subsystem ID mismatch

That should be the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

2) nvflash -b backup.rom

6) done, type EXIT

How are your temps with the 1050mV BIOS?

Do you notice a big difference at the same clock?

This vBIOS really works well for me, since I push the CPU to 4.3/4.4 when I play demanding games, and the cards benefits from its higher voltage (or the system would freeze for power starvation). I use a HWINFO fan profile to keep the system cool and the GPUs, even with a +292mhz core and +400mhz memory, never go higher than 70C ~ in game.

Hey , @svl7

Can You Upload VBIOS For Gtx660m In Lenovo y580 With Increased Voltage , my limit is 1250 core / 3000 memory please i want to reach 1300/3000 but i cant due to lack in voltage if

that help am already using your vbios from the other post with ghz edition , please respond to this asap i already went to all forums no one help i went to overclock.net , overclocking.com ....etc , no one help please am waiting and thanks

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Edit :- I Already Know That My Vbios Is Inside My Bios So I Cant Backup The Vbios Alone If Any1 Can Help :'(

Hi svl7, the oc edition of Dell 680m of the 3 versions you attached, which is the one i can flash again using stock fan speed and safe? i just need a small increment from 758 core clock from your vbios free download, the version of 1000v is good?

• Brian featured this topic