NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

mine was the same original but i found the 33 10 better. I dont understand, if i use the 33 10 stock without OV and clock it to +130 / +600 i get higher score than if i use a OV 1.025v or 1.05 and clock to +230 / +600 wtf? i mean i got the P150EM with the 180W PSU and i dont have a XM cpu just a 3610QM shouldnt i have space to Overclock? why am i getting lower score like 200-400.

EDIT: +130/550 3dmark vantage 24800 score and 3dmark 11 P7255. I have the 7970M aswell and it scores higher ( 26k vantage) with the same Notebook, well its optimized for benchmark probably. Well i dont know why my 680M doesnt work well with higher clocks (OV) its getting around 80C°while benchmark and while gaming farcry 3 85-90C.

Strange... more voltage e clock.. e worst benchmarks... and in real world, fps games? is worst too?

Are you using 33.10 MSI?

mine was the same original but i found the 33 10 better. I dont understand, if i use the 33 10 stock without OV and clock it to +130 / +600 i get higher score than if i use a OV 1.025v or 1.05 and clock to +230 / +600 wtf? i mean i got the P150EM with the 180W PSU and i dont have a XM cpu just a 3610QM shouldnt i have space to Overclock? why am i getting lower score like 200-400.

EDIT: +130/550 3dmark vantage 24800 score and 3dmark 11 P7255. I have the 7970M aswell and it scores higher ( 26k vantage) with the same Notebook, well its optimized for benchmark probably. Well i dont know why my 680M doesnt work well with higher clocks (OV) its getting around 80C°while benchmark and while gaming farcry 3 85-90C.

When detecting high power draw the P150EM will begin clock modulation throttling on the CPU. I have run throttlestop for months to kill the throttling and the laptop still works fine.

As for temperatures, clevo has a poor manufacturing method of both the CPU and GPU heatsinks that results in them being uneven where they must make contact with processor dies. You can knock over 10C off temps by lapping the heatsinks. At 1.05V 1006Mhz with the fans on auto I only reach 84C in heaven with a room temp of 72F. I did some other cooling mods too, but the majority of my improvement came from lapping the heatsink.

guys i need help

just tried flashing one of the bios here and i always get this error ID mismatch i already tried flashing it with commands such as nvflash -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -j -p -u

and nothing works i also tried turning the protection off but i still get the mismatch error

im using dell GTX680M 4GB on a m17xR4 :)

guys i need help

just tried flashing one of the bios here and i always get this error ID mismatch i already tried flashing it with commands such as nvflash -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -j -p -u

and nothing works i also tried turning the protection off but i still get the mismatch error

im using dell GTX680M 4GB on a m17xR4 :)

Hi!

Donwload pj

decrompress C:

load KeplerBiosTweaker.exe

nvflash.zip

Hi all,

First all of I have read all 208 pages of this and some how I still feel confused about somethings. I would like to thank all previous posts as you have helped me a lot

Facts to note:

Alienware M17x R4 - not yet delivered. UK variant with 200Watt power adaptor.

Nvidia driver set: 314.22, Geforce Experience is installed.

Nvidia 2GB 680m

So questions:

1. What is the difference with all the different vbios version. I know there is a volatage difference but is there a default clock and mem clock difference? or is it a case of just increase voltage so you can over clock more.

CQFxDAQQDQoPCw4DzXPP0dPV19nbWNBaPSlbNUtjEl7bZRhxaTdiZhVXUmpJ20M6cTEbdnhoAQoUiRMI4gwSFCmLhids2CCYsXAQHDROBAiQobCiRziLPFqMCBJkx4psRoQgc8EKmDiBAAA7Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip

I am looking to increase my standard spec for more FPS in Battlefield 3 in preparation for Battlefield 4. I have read that you guys are achieving close to that of the desktop Gtx 670 and I would love to get that performance, this leads nicely into question 2.

2. Safety. How safe is it to have a vbios? I have a 3 year warranty with my system (I got it free as I haggled) I know its all about temps I remember that from the old days with my ATi 9800XT. under 85c I think I read is a good temp.

3. Is there any driver issue with vbios?

4. Does this work under windows 8 Pro 64bit?

5. Is there anything else affected? Optimus? Gpu Boost?

6. Is it better to have permanent over clock say 1000/2500 (to equal Desktop 670) or over clock when you need it?

7. Is it possible to software overvolt to achieve the 670 speeds without the need of a vbios if over clocking when needed makes more sense.

Info to help:

I have done some things in advance, I have Nvidia Inspector, GPU-Z, MSI afterburner +iPhone app, 3dmark 11 and 3d mark vantage.

This system is solely to play games on it does nothing else at all, for anything else I use a Mac or iPad. Reliability is also key to me as this system is there just to play games on it has to last 3 years before replacement hence why I want some extra juice. I don't mind having to turn on the system and load a profile from my gpu then start a game. Key is just to get a stable, reliable, safe over clock to speeds equally that of desktop 670 cards to increase FPS in games so I can use higher detail settings :D

I do apologise in advance if anyone feels my questions are noobish, I have been out of the PC market for 5 yrs now. I do understand the principle of over clocking, small increments, Testing and temperature monitoring against performance gain. I just haven't had to for 5yrs LOL.

I thank you all for your time in helping me

all the best

Glen

All bios are on stock clock, boost is disabled, the voltage can be seen in the file name. Generally you can say more voltage results in higher stable clocks, but of course this also comes with higher temps. You'll need to see for yourself what works best for your system. The OS is independent of the vbios, so yes it works with all of them, if you see driver issues then it's the drivers fault, the above vbios versions work perfectly fine.

About how to clock them... whatever you prefer, my card is usually running at stock clocks. You will need the vbios to get more voltage. Just keep a backup of your original vbios and you can always flash back.

All bios are on stock clock, boost is disabled, the voltage can be seen in the file name. Generally you can say more voltage results in higher stable clocks, but of course this also comes with higher temps. You'll need to see for yourself what works best for your system. The OS is independent of the vbios, so yes it works with all of them, if you see driver issues then it's the drivers fault, the above vbios versions work perfectly fine.

About how to clock them... whatever you prefer, my card is usually running at stock clocks. You will need the vbios to get more voltage. Just keep a backup of your original vbios and you can always flash back.

svl7, and about bios versions.. and brand... like msi... there's diferences between than?

Also now i'm experiencing problems with OC bios... in the game the 680m clock go to 324mhz suddently... and i using que max stock oc.. nothing different... anyone knows about that?

Usingo beta drivers too.

Desktop Class
Processor680670 660ti660
Cuda Cores153613441344960
Gpu Clock10589809801033
Mem Clock 1500150015001500
Mem effective6000600060006000
Bandwidth192.2192.2144.2144.2
BF3 FPS6553

Laptop Class
Processor 780m680mx 680m675mx670m
Cuda Cores153615361344960384
Gpu Clock797720720600620
Mem Clock 12501250900900750
Mem effective25002500180018001500
Bandwidth160160115.2115.296
Overclocked 680mProcessor780m
Extremme - VBOC - VBOC onlyOC onlystandardCuda Cores1536
Gpu Clock1037902864806720Gpu Clock797
Mem Clock 125011001033960900Mem Clock 1250
Mem effective25002200206619201800Mem effective2500
Bandwidth160140.8132.2122.9115.2Bandwidth160
BF3 FPS62.258454341.7from review62
Above Adjusted for 780m review online against the 680m review on here. Adjustment 8 FPS 680m 42
BF3 not adjusted70.265535148.7

I did this earlier from around the internet to get information.

All laptop/desktop Class information is taken directly from Nvidia website

OC = overclock

VB = vbios.

red text = my own speculation based on calculation.

780m spec takjen from here: [url=http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GTX-780M-Mobile-GPU,22546.html]Report: Nvidia GTX 780M Specifications Surface[/url]

Extremme VB taken from review of 680m on this website as is OC-VB.

BF3 FPS ultra settings 4xAA 16xAF.

I just thought it would make a good comparison for anyone.

svl7 I have noted your advice about trial and error with what works for my system.

I have come to the conclusion I wanted to aim for 1001mhz Core/2500mhz Memory. Which voltage would be best for this? 1v or 1.025v or 1.050v again aiming for stability? I might push for 1037mhz if it will let me achieve the 1001/2500. So I can match the 780m :D

I am unsure how you calculate what voltage to use in order to achieve a given speed on core/mem clocks with stability. Looking for something like a table

v0.987 = 758/1800 to 864/2000

v1.0 = ....... to ....

v1.025 = ... to ....

v1.05 = ... to ...

(above is example only)

I get that its not an exact science but a little pointer like the table about might light my path. Especially as I can't increase the voltage with software? (I only know that MSI afterburner doesnt let you adjust voltage, if another program does feel free to correct me).

Thank you

Glen

I got a question about cooling.

Is there any way to cool a NP9150? Should I use arctic silver on CPU and GPU. I can get 855 Core - 950 Memory, but then it reaches 90 celsius.

I tried higher and i can see that it's stable but it throttles it down to 600 core

clevo sells their laptops with bent heatsink plates so that it is impossible to get good die contact without lapping heatsinks. You can somewhat compensate by using a large amount of thermal paste, but flattening out the heatsink is the only true fix. I sanded mine flat on the edge of a countertop with 800 grit sandpaper. Arctic silver is an outdated thermal paste. I suggest IC Diamond instead.

what is the difference between these two?

Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip (116.9 KB

Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00.zip (52.3 KB

i am also having some trouble with the overvolt vbioses

my fan control is shot, i have to use hwinfo64 to control them

and the card just starts to throttle when it reaches 90C (it shouldn't be that hot, right?)

i'll just try to clean my fans and the vent

and another problem is that, i am not able to flash to a non OV, just unlocked vbios

though i am able to flash back to my backup rom(no use though)

i always flash to stock before flashing any other rom, just to be safe

i would also like to know what is the difference between the two vbioses mentioned above

thanks a lot to the dedicated vbios editors/patchers! really helped me get my $monies$ worth ot of my machine

System: M17XR4 with dell 680M

Rajar Roger Nag: I don't know the differences between them, but so far I think the 5B version may be meant for laptops with 3D screens. Thise are wired different and require that Optimus be disabled. I could use some help researching this. Is your screen 3D-capable, and what version is your stock vbios?

The limit set by nVidia is 95 C. Don't hit that. 90 C is the highest you should probably be going while supervising it. For regular use you'll wanna run less. I don't hit 90 even while running OCCT with a +240 overclock, so if you're running hotter at lower speeds something's probably wrong. How hot is your room?

Rajar Roger Nag: I don't know the differences between them, but so far I think the 5B version may be meant for laptops with 3D screens. Thise are wired different and require that Optimus be disabled. I could use some help researching this. Is your screen 3D-capable, and what version is your stock vbios?

The limit set by nVidia is 95 C. Don't hit that. 90 C is the highest you should probably be going while supervising it. For regular use you'll wanna run less. I don't hit 90 even while running OCCT with a +240 overclock, so if you're running hotter at lower speeds something's probably wrong. How hot is your room?

thanks for the reply

i have the m17r4 with nvidia 3d vision2 with a dell 680m

here is my stock vbios

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32467782/backup.rom

i really do not know what version my vbios is.

it is pretty hot here in New Delhi, India (hitting 45C in the afternoon)

so i would say that my room would be around ~33-35C

running furmark at stock hits 80-82C(stock voltage)

it hits 90, on 1Volt vbois nonOC

the increased voltage mods somehow broke my fan control, used Hwinfo for that

but hwinfo also randomly crashes (4.1.8.0)

thanks for the reply

i have the m17r4 with nvidia 3d vision2 with a dell 680m

here is my stock vbios

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32467782/backup.rom

i really do not know what version my vbios is.

it is pretty hot here in New Delhi, India (hitting 45C in the afternoon)

so i would say that my room would be around ~33-35C

running furmark at stock hits 80-82C(stock voltage)

it hits 90, on 1Volt vbois nonOC

the increased voltage mods somehow broke my fan control, used Hwinfo for that

but hwinfo also randomly crashes (4.1.8.0)

That's v80.04.33.00.32

Guys, everybody who tried the vBios can answer to this Please.

Clevo, Dell, MSI:

GPU :

vBios: which one you flashed (svl7 vbios stock Voltage, OV 1050, OV 1025, OV 1000)

Core / Memory Clock :

3d Mark 11 :

3d Mark Vantage :

Hi ppl,

Here are my answers:

Clevo: P150EM

GPU : GTX 680M

vBios: svl7 vbios stock Voltage

Core / Memory Clock : 936 / 1200

3d Mark 11 : GPU score 7612

3d Mark Vantage : GPU score 26603

I hope it's helpful :)

Best Regards to all

Rajat Roger Nag: Okay, did some research and found out that .5B has support for Secure Boot and Fast Boot while .33 doesn't. I don't really know why a GPU would affect those things, but that seems to be the case.

Do you know if your BIOS even has an UEFI option? You can check under the "boot" page and see if there's a toggle option between "UEFI" and "Legacy". I'm thinking about flashing .33 onto my card, but I know Secure Boot and Fast Boot are both UEFI things and I don't have much experience there.

Rajat Roger Nag: Okay, did some research and found out that .5B has support for Secure Boot and Fast Boot while .33 doesn't. I don't really know why a GPU would affect those things, but that seems to be the case.

Do you know if your BIOS even has an UEFI option? You can check under the "boot" page and see if there's a toggle option between "UEFI" and "Legacy". I'm thinking about flashing .33 onto my card, but I know Secure Boot and Fast Boot are both UEFI things and I don't have much experience there.

thanks for the info!

i am currently on bios A11

it does have a UEFI and legacy boot option

but isnt it for windows 8 fast boot?

using windows 7 though

• Brian featured this topic