NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

today i bought GC-EXTREME

some tests showed me that gc-extreme is more efficient than arctic silver 5.

90°C seems to be the maximum temperature i could have achieve with kombustor (13 mins).

the efficient of the gc-extreme will increase within 2 day.. I'm waiting for that and then i'll report the results.

Did you overclock? It was said that 680m gpu's runs around 70c max after 3dmark bench on p570wm. Anything above 90c throttles and there's a reason for that. It's not healthy as stated above.

Try Unigine 4.0 benchmark and see how it goes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rajat Roger Nag: That's normal. Not all driver versions will work with all vbios's. Some are even incompatible with official ones. Just stick with what works and be happy.

i flashed back to my backed up stock rom, it still gives me a blank screen, when installing those new drivers

maybe its the drivers, they dont look to be quite 'happy' with these 3d vision laptops

and the dell website has the archaic 314.07, its of no use now

Rajat Roger Nag: It could be that as well. Like I said, not every driver will work with every vbios, even official drivers with official vbios'. Just stay with what works for you.

Odd though, I'm on an M17x and using 314.22.. You tried getting your drivers from nVidia's official site, right?

i am having a slight problem

i flashed this vbios

Downloads

after that, i am not able to update my nvidia drivers

only stable version i found was 314.14( 314.22 also works but 'breaks' 3D)

I have a M17XR4 with a dell 680M

whenever i install the drivers (clean/overwrite), it always goes blank screen, even on restarting it goes blank just after the login screen(windows 7 Ultimate)

i have to boot into safe mode and then remove the drivers, restart into safe mode again and install 314.14

it is really irritating because i can't play newer games smoothly(tomb raider, bioshock infinite, etc) with these old drivers

Can anyone help me? Any help would be appreciated!

Bug filed https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/543884/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-r320-14-beta-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-13-13-/post/3810004/#3810004

Rajat Roger Nag: It could be that as well. Like I said, not every driver will work with every vbios, even official drivers with official vbios'. Just stay with what works for you.

Odd though, I'm on an M17x and using 314.22.. You tried getting your drivers from nVidia's official site, right?

look at the link on j95's post

it looks like the problem is only with the 3D enabled M17x R3&4s

do you have a 3D or a non 3D M17x?

schranzmaster: I wouldn't assume it's that simple. Nothing is in "english", or anything remotely similar to it. In order to do these mods you have to open the vbios up with a "hex editor".

Basically, svl7's modifying them by changing the raw binary data. The editor augments it so that rather than changing only 1's and 0's he's changing groups of four 1's and 0's at a time ("0" means "0000", "1" is "0001", and it goes to "f" for "1111"), but that doesn't make it any easier to the average person; it only helps those who understand low-level languages (*really* low-level in this case, on the order of machine code) recognize patterns more easily and saves time when editing since there's a 4:1 keystroke ratio.

In other words, if it were that simple he'd probably have done it already, but it's probably not. It's not like he can just search for a line that reads "MAXIMUM_VOLTAGE=1000" or something. None of it is clearly written like that, and a lot of things look (or are) identical and depend entirely on the context around them. It's like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with a few thousand sides (okay, more of a Rubik's sphere, then..) and having pictures rather than solid colors on the stickers.

On a related topic though, sometimes vbios' for one system work on another. You might wanna ask him if that's the case for you next time he swings by here.

schranzmaster: I wouldn't assume it's that simple. Nothing is in "english", or anything remotely similar to it. In order to do these mods you have to open the vbios up with a "hex editor".

Basically, svl7's modifying them by changing the raw binary data. The editor augments it so that rather than changing only 1's and 0's he's changing groups of four 1's and 0's at a time ("0" means "0000", "1" is "0001", and it goes to "f" for "1111"), but that doesn't make it any easier to the average person; it only helps those who understand low-level languages (*really* low-level in this case, on the order of machine code) recognize patterns more easily and saves time when editing since there's a 4:1 keystroke ratio.

In other words, if it were that simple he'd probably have done it already, but it's probably not. It's not like he can just search for a line that reads "MAXIMUM_VOLTAGE=1000" or something. None of it is clearly written like that, and a lot of things look (or are) identical and depend entirely on the context around them. It's like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with a few thousand sides (okay, more of a Rubik's sphere, then..) and having pictures rather than solid colors on the stickers.

Exactly! It took him and others years to figure out all that stuff...people have no idea how much time & work and money we invest just to make simple changes. We brick our own stuff many times during this process...I remember spending every night for almost two weeks last summer, svl7 in Switzerland, Saltia in China and me in Italy, just to test and figure out how to adjust voltage levels on GT650M cards...we flash our chips almost to their re-write limits just to make you guys happy. :cheerful:

I don't wanted to attack somebody with my question ..I'm a total newbie what bios editing is concerned, thats why I ask

I'm sorry about that

NOOOO...I AM SO SORRY!!! It wasn't targeted at you or anyone at all, it was just intended as general info 69.gif.pagespeed.ce.xVZnFNNQZ9.gif

Hi all, just got the 680M 4GB P150EM with 80.04.67.00.01 vbios i saw on the top there is a different clevo vbios and when i scroll down i find my version is it recommend to flash the same one? or is the first one the updated and the number can be ignored?

EDIT: i read the last 100 pages and got the answer! thanks for the time to mod this bios for us it gave me a boost.

Wow, best thread ever :excitement:

I'm downloading the dell 1050mV version, and then I'll procede with overclocking.

I think I will start with a "safe" 900/2200.

Can this card get stable 2400 memory clock?

Special thanks to svl7, awesome job here.

George Smith: The overvolted versions don't overvolt the memory controller. I don't know how to do that, but I wouldn't recommend it even if I did. Aside from some benchmarks, overclocking your memory really doesn't help you. In fact, it'll actually make things slower in some cases since it'll make more mistakes (even with an overvolt). My best advice is to just set it at about 100 below the fastest it should be able to run (the fastest, period, has a good chance of being slower than stock speeds) and experiment a little.

Svl7: Replying to #2065.. Does the same logic apply to Dell vbios' too? Can I flash overvolted images of different versions as long as my card's the same? Or is there some big risk? (Note: I'm a bit worried since I don't have Optmus. I have a 120hz screen so the card's plugged directly into it. My CPU isn't. From what I've been told, this has to be defined in the vbios.)

On an unrelated note, I just found out the upper safe limit for a 680m (based on the upper safe limit for a 670 GTX) is 97 C. So there.

Hope this is the right place to ask... Saw in another thread that someone was running their 650m SLI overvolted. Is there a guide for this? Or just a BIOS that someone could point me to? Would be much appreciated :)

what is the stock voltage for dell gtx 680m?

i am already reaching 78-80C on it when OC to +200/+200 on core and memory when playing farcry 3

on stock, it reaches a max of 75-76C

are these temperatures within normal limits?

what would be the safe temp limit of a 680m?

Is it possible to do a group of overvolt mods for the Clevo GTX680M bios with version 80.04.67.00.01? The earlier versions tend to give me a red screen of doom when running SLi in my P370EM3 (It has since been fed the prema 1.0.4 2T Bios made by Prema! You sir, are a legend. I was VERY disappointed to find no Raid 5...)

Also, I'm willing to try out beta bioses and Vboises too :)

Hi all, just got the 680M 4GB P150EM with 80.04.67.00.01 vbios i saw on the top there is a different clevo vbios and when i scroll down i find my version is it recommend to flash the same one? or is the first one the updated and the number can be ignored?

EDIT: i read the last 100 pages and got the answer! thanks for the time to mod this bios for us it gave me a boost.

I read it's possible to use a MSI bios on clevo card... so what real advantage to do that?

Original my Clevo 4gb is 80.04.67.00.01... and i use the same OC version... i did right? or the CQFxDAQQDQoPCw4DzXPP0dPV19nbWNBaPSlbNUtjEl7bZRhxaTdiZhVXUmpJ20M6cTEbdnhoAQoUiRMI4gwSFCmLhids2CCYsXAQHDROBAiQobCiRziLPFqMCBJkx4psRoQgc8EKmDiBAAA7 Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 it's better?

tks

I read it's possible to use a MSI bios on clevo card... so what real advantage to do that?

Original my Clevo 4gb is 80.04.67.00.01... and i use the same OC version... i did right? or the CQFxDAQQDQoPCw4DzXPP0dPV19nbWNBaPSlbNUtjEl7bZRhxaTdiZhVXUmpJ20M6cTEbdnhoAQoUiRMI4gwSFCmLhids2CCYsXAQHDROBAiQobCiRziLPFqMCBJkx4psRoQgc8EKmDiBAAA7Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 it's better?

tks

mine was the same original but i found the 33 10 better. I dont understand, if i use the 33 10 stock without OV and clock it to +130 / +600 i get higher score than if i use a OV 1.025v or 1.05 and clock to +230 / +600 wtf? i mean i got the P150EM with the 180W PSU and i dont have a XM cpu just a 3610QM shouldnt i have space to Overclock? why am i getting lower score like 200-400.

EDIT: +130/550 3dmark vantage 24800 score and 3dmark 11 P7255. I have the 7970M aswell and it scores higher ( 26k vantage) with the same Notebook, well its optimized for benchmark probably. Well i dont know why my 680M doesnt work well with higher clocks (OV) its getting around 80C°while benchmark and while gaming farcry 3 85-90C.

• Brian featured this topic