NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Ran a few tests. I'm able to get the core up to 1004 (+350) with memory at 2450 (+650) for a 3d Mark of 6170 vs a stock 3d Mark of 4269. At those settings the temp maxes at 87 deg C . I know people have pushed the memory higher, but I've only seen minor improvements with it up to 825 and I got artifacts as low at +700 on one of the PCs so I'm going to call it good at +650. I think +350 on the core clock seems like it's already pushing my luck, but I might try higher just for testing.

post-11425-14494994496088_thumb.jpg

Seems like my limit is somewhere between +400 and +450. At 450 the driver crashes. Anyway, this is the most stable run I got at +400. The temp did peak at +90, do you guys think that's ok for daily use or should I ratchet it back for a lower temp?

post-11425-14494994496542_thumb.jpg

can I ask what you did to get it working? as I'm currently stuck with the 256byte mismatch error

I first had a couple issues also. I flashed the wrong one (4gb one) and thats why it first wasn't working. But the card still worked sense I didn't turn the computer off yet. Before I even turned it off when I tried to pull the vbios it came out as a 0kb file, and GPU Z showed like it didn't ever recognize the card and had no specs on it after I turned the computer off and back on, and on top of that it would't even work, it wasn't even recognized by windows. This is when I tried flashing the vbios again for the 2gb. I think it working had something to do with wiping the card of the vbios fist so it was blank, the flashing the bios on the blank card. It when through fine as a blank card. I think there is a option for this nvflash.

I don't quite understand which vBIOS I should download for the best performance. There's one Clevo version on the first post and 3 Clevo versions with seemingly different voltages on the second post in the attachment section. Which is the latest release and the one I should download?

Use the 33.10 version.

The temp did peak at +90, do you guys think that's ok for daily use or should I ratchet it back for a lower temp?

That's too hot for my taste. I take it you have a Clevo system? This card should run cooler provided the heatsink applies enough pressure on the GPU die.

@svl7 hey hope you doing well ? any news of vbios for our 670mx ? i uploaded my bios 1 month ago for you.

Ah right, pardon, I'll upload it asap. Write me again if it isn't here in the next couple of days.

it still wont flash :too_sad::02:

What did you try so far?

That's too hot for my taste. I take it you have a Clevo system? This card should run cooler provided the heatsink applies enough pressure on the GPU die.

Yes it's a Clevo. The first run seems to have been an anomoly, it's peaking at 85 degrees C now with the average temp about 80 with gaming use and in the benchmarks at +400 MHZ. Looks like the absolute max I can get it to benchmark at is +405 before the driver will crash. I'm thinking of running it at +375 for daily use to provide a little more margin of error.

i still think thats bit hot coz i have never seen more than 74C in full benchmark with demo and thats with +450 core +830 memory. with mild OC in benchmark it usually sits around 69C. you can expect to see some overheating with games on that OC. most of late 2012 and 2013 games run 10C hotter than benhcmark. and also, i would not recommend you to OC your gpu more than 200 on core and 400 on memory for daily usage. as for me i do not OC my nb for games coz atm its sufficient enough to have fun with the latest games and my temps maxes out 83C on tomb raider 2013 on High setting which gives me very playable 40 fps and i could also push my turbo fan feature to lower my temps untill 65C so i think thats overheating as for your nb

ive been trying to search around for a know-how on backing up your old vBios, just incase new one gives any problem?

do you know how to backup the present vbios because im waiting to upgrade my vbios with one of svl's modded bios. just to be on the safe side

I think the 15inch Clevo models just run hotter. Even with no overclock, I'm hitting 89-90 degrees with Kombuste after 5-10 minutes. My temps in actual games seems to peak at about 85 regardless of overclock unless I push it all the way to +400 GPU. If I do that the temp will hit 90 in games.

What did you try so far?

pretty much everything, I have tried the following in both dos and with nvflash windows.

Trying to flash your Clevo GTX675MX 4GB bios

nvflash -6 xxx.rom

nvflash -4 -5 -6 xxx.rom

nvflash --protectoff

then the above

nvflash -j -6 xxx.rom

all error out with a mismatch in 256 byte page programming mode?

when I try to flash the original bios saved from my card nvflash completes. I am not sure if it is flashing, is there any way to tell?

Thanks, svl7. Can I confirm that the vBIOS on the first post is on stock voltage, while the 3 on the second post are all modified voltages?

Not all, but some of them in the second post have increased voltage. Refer to the file name.

ive been trying to search around for a know-how on backing up your old vBios, just incase new one gives any problem?

do you know how to backup the present vbios because im waiting to upgrade my vbios with one of svl's modded bios. just to be on the safe side

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

I think the 15inch Clevo models just run hotter. Even with no overclock, I'm hitting 89-90 degrees with Kombuste after 5-10 minutes. My temps in actual games seems to peak at about 85 regardless of overclock unless I push it all the way to +400 GPU. If I do that the temp will hit 90 in games.

Don't use Kombustor or Furmark or similar tools... at least not if you want a working GPU.

pretty much everything, I have tried the following in both dos and with nvflash windows.

Trying to flash your Clevo GTX675MX 4GB bios

nvflash -6 xxx.rom

nvflash -4 -5 -6 xxx.rom

nvflash --protectoff

then the above

nvflash -j -6 xxx.rom

all error out with a mismatch in 256 byte page programming mode?

when I try to flash the original bios saved from my card nvflash completes. I am not sure if it is flashing, is there any way to tell?

Probably it's not flashing. Make sure your machine has the latest EC and BIOS on it. Did you use MS DOS or FreeDOS? It might not work with FreeDOS. Also if nothing helps you can try the windows version of nvflash.

Don't use Kombustor or Furmark or similar tools... at least not if you want a working GPU.

Got it. I didn't realize how bad kombuster could be, but at least it proves that the throttling is working to limit the max temp to 90.

I reduced the overclock to +375 core / +400 mem and get a 3D Mark score of ~6250 with a max temp during the benchmark of 78. I'm pretty happy with that, although Heaven Benchmark still peaks at 83. The averages during both tests are about 5-7 degrees lower than the max. I can of course max the fans and drop the temp quite a bit, but that seems wasteful and very loud.

thanks to svl7 and all those involved in this wonderful project

i flashed the dell 680m rev01 bios

now the slider space i get is just sick!

upto +405 on core and +1800 on memory!!

here is what i got

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3720QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4 score: P7621 3DMarks

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3720QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4 score: X2627 3DMarks

thanks once again!

looking forward to the overvolted bioses!

Probably it's not flashing. Make sure your machine has the latest EC and BIOS on it. Did you use MS DOS or FreeDOS? It might not work with FreeDOS. Also if nothing helps you can try the windows version of nvflash.

Using MSDOS, swapped back from prema's mod to the latest Clevo BIOS (which had never been on the machine before as it had the Horize BIOS), still didn't flash. back to premas mod still wont flash. I have a feeling that the #WP pin on the flash chip is enabled in hardware. I'm away from home at the moment so I don't have a any tools to check. Hopefully that's what the problem is which shouldn't be to hard to overcome.

I also wonder if they are using a newer flash chip and nvflash only partially supports this one. Once I ope it up I'll check.

Could someone modify bios//vbios Acer v3-571g with GT730M?? Link http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.14_A_A.zip?acerid=634980614021450985&Step1=Notebook,%20Ultrabook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20V3-571G&OS=8cn1&LC=pl&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_20

I found file with vbios gt730M. FIle has the name : 03FE8ED3-D1CE-493A-8D41-6DFA21F76640_1_1026 . I trying modify bios use "PhoenixTool", "Kepler BIOS Tweaker v1.25" but when i trying flash, after resart computer shown "Invalid firmware image"....

Hi,

I currently own a msi gt70-one w/ gtx680m (win 8 pro os). I would like to know:

1. If I have no intention to oc the 680m, would it be wise to flash the vbios?

2. If I flash the vbios, should I re-enter my win 8 serial number?

Any advices would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Brian featured this topic