NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

What is so special about Prema's bios? (aside from the fact that i just tops the 1.025v)

It's a system BIOS mod that got rid of his CPU bottleneck, not a video BIOS, he uses svl7 vBIOS... ;)

I've got a GTX 670MX for my ALIENWARE M15x and it's amazing cooler than the GTX 260M, full load under 40℃ when I set the fan maximum! But I don't know how to use WinHex to modify the voltage and the max frequency of the card so I upload the VBIOS here if you could kindly help me modify it, thx :)

The default voltage should be 0.9375V if I remembered correct and the max frequency can only be pulled 135MHz higher based on the default. Could you please modify it to 1.0V or 1.05V and unlock the max frequency to 1300MHz? If possible pls provide both 1.0V and 1.05V VBIOS because I really want to know what the GTX 670MX could achieve :)

Here's the VBIOS: [ATTACH]5632[/ATTACH]

i was wondering if this card was a "plug-and-play" experience or if you did anything special to get it working. i would like to install on in my M15x

If anyone interested in Clevo 670MX 3G modded bios with higher voltage (1v) here it is:

Download Clevo670MX1v.ROM from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is the bios with only memory/core values changed but default voltage for comparison:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aaq5gg

I take no responsibility with this post. I just hope that it will help this forum, us and above all prema and svl7 to locate the voltage values.

Has anybody used this tool? kepler BIOS tweaker 1.25? I fired it up and it seems to allow me to make adjustments, but I'm a little nervous to flash the created vbios.

Nvidia Kepler BIOS Tweaker v1.25 für GTX 6xx Reihe 680 670 660 650 - UPDATE

That looks very interesting. If it works universally for all mobile and desktop Kepler chips then it would solve everything. Has anybody been successful using this?

That looks very interesting. If it works universally for all mobile and desktop Kepler chips then it would solve everything. Has anybody been successful using this?

I tested it, doesn't work on mobile bios, at least not Kepler.

I tested it, doesn't work on mobile bios, at least not Kepler.

Well thanks for testing this, and thanks for ruining my day. :friendly_wink:

I had grand visions of overvolting my SLI 650M and pushing it to absurd levels but I guess that's not going to happen.

What are the benefits on the 9370? Anything specific?

For me it enabled 100% fan speed with a button combo, got me the latest IME drivers (or whatever they're called, I forget lol) and I'm trying to find a suitably inappropriate picture that Prema might be kind enough to mod in as my boot screen. :D

Well thanks for testing this, and thanks for ruining my day. :friendly_wink:

I had grand visions of overvolting my SLI 650M and pushing it to absurd levels but I guess that's not going to happen.

I had high hopes too, for now everything has to be done via Hex Editor_

For me it enabled 100% fan speed with a button combo, got me the latest IME drivers (or whatever they're called, I forget lol) and I'm trying to find a suitably inappropriate picture that Prema might be kind enough to mod in as my boot screen. :D

Just flashed the bios that prema made also, very nice i might add, and I would also be a fan of having a "suitably inappropriate picture" as my boot loader.

If anyone interested in Clevo 670MX 3G modded bios with higher voltage (1v) here it is:

Download Clevo670MX1v.ROM from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is the bios with only memory/core values changed but default voltage for comparison:

Download Clevo670MX.ROM from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I take no responsibility with this post. I just hope that it will help this forum, us and above all prema and svl7 to locate the voltage values.

Hey gokica, where'd you find those Clevo 670mx bios files? I've been looking all over for them. Been seeing your posts on various boards since I've been looking for the last couple weeks.

Anymore info on these? Thanks!

From my point of view :

80.04.33.00.10 gives me better temperatures in iddle and better fans management than the 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01

On the other hand I have higher temperatures with it... I hit 86 degrees.

FPS... I can't tell any differences...

:joyous:

I suppose if the bios version 04.67 is newer than the 33.00, it should get any improvements for the 680m...

I ll keep testing the 04.33 but I ll probably go back to the last vbios...

Could someone point out the differences between 80.04.29, 80.04.33, and 80.04.67?

I have a NP9150 with the 680m with the .29 vbios (not sure why it shipped being so old), but I'm debating the .33 vbios with increased clocks but stock voltage or a newer one.

Edit: Also, this may be a dumb question, but GPU-Z reads my ASIC quality as 66%. That seems absolutely lousy.

@svl7

Do you have any ideas why the modded bios wont flash to my GTX675mx? nvflash errors out at the fourth dot, while as I said before the bios read from the card reflashes without problems. One thing that gets me is that when nvflash errors out with the mismatch error, while it states before hand that it clears the EEPROM, if I verify straight after the original bios is still there and I don't need to reflash with my backup to retain a working card. I've tried -protectoff and it still doesn't haven't any effect. Could it be strap settings?

@svl7

Do you have any ideas why the modded bios wont flash to my GTX675mx? nvflash errors out at the fourth dot, while as I said before the bios read from the card reflashes without problems. One thing that gets me is that when nvflash errors out with the mismatch error, while it states before hand that it clears the EEPROM, if I verify straight after the original bios is still there and I don't need to reflash with my backup to retain a working card. I've tried -protectoff and it still doesn't haven't any effect. Could it be strap settings?

I had this issue when I flashed a custom vbios to my 460m on an Asus.

Try -nvflash -4 -5 -6 newrom.rom

• Thumbs Up 2

Could someone point out the differences between 80.04.29, 80.04.33, and 80.04.67?

hard to say, Svl7 has said it's a total different bios code. I don't know what does it change exactly and I ll be curious to read the exact evolution...

FYI :

So I decided another re-test of the 33 vs 67

I kept it at 980/2300 for all tests, rebooting each time for a clean run.

(.67) 980/2300: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3840QM,CLEVO P15xEMx score: P7904 3DMarks

(.33) 980/2300: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3840QM,CLEVO P15xEMx score: P7978 3DMarks

Did a few re-tries and achieved very similar results consecutively on the .33 ranging from 7930~7960 with the one listed as my highest performing one with Balanced Settings Power Options. Very close to the 8K Mark.

Nevermind, try both, benchmark them and come back with your feedback.:tickled_pink:

(personnaly I used to think : newer <=> better)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic