NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

So what are you guys getting on benchmarks with a OCd 675mx? Anyone else out there get that card? I did it because the power for price beats the heck out of the 680m, and with OC I think it gets close to a stock 680m.

So what are you guys getting on benchmarks with a OCd 675mx? Anyone else out there get that card? I did it because the power for price beats the heck out of the 680m, and with OC I think it gets close to a stock 680m.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1762 score: P6545 3DMarks this is what i get with OC atm its max stable OC with msi gtx 675mx and beyond that point i get BSOD due to voltage limit on the vbios also, during OC i get 2c increase than normal temps which is pretty awsome. i will update this score when new driver releases from nvidia. and maybe if there were OVed vbios available. atm my vbios is unlocked with memory and core clock but not with voltage so if i could get my hands on OVed vbios i think i can hit 7k score.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1762 score: P6545 3DMarks this is what i get with OC atm its max stable OC with msi gtx 675mx and beyond that point i get BSOD due to voltage limit on the vbios also, during OC i get 2c increase than normal temps which is pretty awsome. i will update this score when new driver releases from nvidia. and maybe if there were OVed vbios available. atm my vbios is unlocked with memory and core clock but not with voltage so if i could get my hands on OVed vbios i think i can hit 7k score.

well there is a pretty big difference :)

click on the links in my signature to see the differences.....the 680m may cost more, it also has WAY more potential.

It's like a BMW 3.28i that gets a turbo charger to get BMW M3 power...

So what happens when the BMW M3 gets a turbo charger :59:

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a Horize P170EM http://www.horize.com/index.php/computers/horize-p170em-notebook-pc.html, the mainboard ID's itself as a Clevo in CPU-z and I've flashed Prema's Clevo P170EM sBIOS to it.

I'm not sure what the issue is, you say you can flash your stock vbios... does it really flash it?

It's weird, if you can flash the stock there's no reason why it should be different for the mod.

well there is a pretty big difference :)

click on the links in my signature to see the differences.....the 680m may cost more, it also has WAY more potential.

It's like a BMW 3.28i that gets a turbo charger to get BMW M3 power...

So what happens when the BMW M3 gets a turbo charger :59:

yah but remember price is a big issue here... gtx 675mx is 15% less powerful than 680m however 50% cheaper than 680m and about in a year both cards will be out of the league so could use that extra 400USD for newer GPU upgrade and i am glad i didnt buy 680m now even tho i was. ^_^

@Jimbo: Keep pushing :P I'm sure you can get 9k GPU, if you want I'll send you a vbios for this.

Yes pls, most I can wring out of it at the moment is +335/670 with 1025/1050v, same result with both vBios...

Anything you can do to help will be tested "To the fullest extent". :D :D :D

Yes pls, most I can wring out of it at the moment is +335/670 with 1025/1050v, same result with both vBios...

Hm, is this a preliminairy score?

Me using the 1st gen i7 and you using the 3rd gen. I would expect much higher values from you rig...?

Sent from my iPhone.

Hm, is this a preliminairy score?

Me using the 1st gen i7 and you using the 3rd gen. I would expect much higher values from you rig...?

Sent from my iPhone.

That was with a single GPU, with SLI enabled it's almost 13K...

If you expect "Much higher" than that, you're expecting too much. ;)

That was with a single GPU, with SLI enabled it's almost 13K...

If you expect "Much higher" than that, you're expecting too much. ;)

Hehe, naw, i was just making reference to our setup scores (single gpu)

Sent from my iPhone.

Hehe, I'll send you some things when I back home, let me know in case I forget. ;)

I'm not sure what the issue is, you say you can flash your stock vbios... does it really flash it?

It's weird, if you can flash the stock there's no reason why it should be different for the mod.

as far as I can tell it does flash, nvflash completes and report being successful. Could you modify the original bios I posted to see if that will flash?

@Jimbo: Keep pushing :P I'm sure you can get 9k GPU, if you want I'll send you a vbios for this.

Hmmm.. 9K GPU score? Where is this bios?? I want it :P

Here is my score but it's really extreme, i don't think i can get further, cause the bottleneck is the old 2760qm.

The GPU score anyway it's almost 9k.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2760QM Processor,CLEVO P170EM score: P8149 3DMarks

@1084x2497 - Driver:314.07 - vbios 1.025v MSI

Wow setonfire what is your core clock at? My scores are much lower. And jimbo we have the same cpu yet your physics score is much higher than mine.

These are my scores and from the looks of it this gpu can achieve much higher scores.

If I would have to guess, he is using a crossflash version of my BIOS mod...?!? ;)

You guys with good 680ms make me feel bad. At 1.025V I could only do 993MHz stable, with 1006MHz just a hair unstable. 1020 crashed pretty fast. This is with extensive cooling mods and forcing the fans high so that the GPU only reached the mid 70s.

I've noticed that the card only clocks to 13.4MHz increments. Ex. setting 940 -> 952 all result in 940MHz. Some people are posting clocks that are not accurate.

I've settled on 1V 953MHz since higher voltage requires occasional high fan speed usage, which I am trying to avoid due to the noise.

Hey guys, I just ordered a 675mx from upgradeyourlaptop on eBay. I just wanted to be clear before I flash/brick my new card, they sell Clevo cards right? Even though it says its for an alienware.....it has 4 gb VRAM so I'm assuming I'm safe to flash the Cleo vbios correct?

has anyone looked this yet ?, it is for primarily desktop cards but it seems interesting:

KGB - Kepler BIOS Editor/Unlocker

I use it for my Zotac 680.

Works perfect. I have my whole setup under water.

I see that some vram are not covered by the full cover water block and are showing deterioration signs of the higher voltage.

This tool won't work on mobile cards.

Different clocks, different settings.

Mobile safe range is v1.050.

Desktop safe range is v1.210

Sent from my iPhone.

Hey guys, I just ordered a 675mx from upgradeyourlaptop on eBay. I just wanted to be clear before I flash/brick my new card, they sell Clevo cards right? Even though it says its for an alienware.....it has 4 gb VRAM so I'm assuming I'm safe to flash the Cleo vbios correct?

It's Clevo, Dell does not sell 4gb cards.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow setonfire what is your core clock at? My scores are much lower. And jimbo we have the same cpu yet your physics score is much higher than mine.

These are my scores and from the looks of it this gpu can achieve much higher scores.

:) I used brand new prema's modded bios that works like a charm, keeping the turbo longer and squeezing all there is to squeeze.

About vbios, I used as i told svl7 MSI overvolted to 1.025V at the frequences of 1083x2497. I think i'm really to the limit for what concerns the gpu score.

For what concerns the cpu i guess i could gain in the overall test score only replacing the processor, cause the i7 2760qm is bottlenecking.

And talking about the temperatures I didn't try with prema's fn+9 for blowing fans at full throttle cause i can stay below 83 degrees with 20C ambient, but what i can say is that the result is obtained just for the few seconds of the 3d mark test.

I could not play with these high frequencies for temperature problems, throttling and driver crashing.

In any case, I played about 1 hour with 1.025v overvolted slv7 bios at 1053x2497 with no crashes and with temperatures below 85 degrees only removing the back cover of the notebook and blowing air with a notepal u3 with fans directly to the heatsink.

Only in these way i can let the temperatures drop about 10C.

I can play even over 1Ghz frequence on the core and beeing stable during the real gaming not just to achieve a cool score at the benchmark.

With back cover on I can stay stable at 915/2250 that is about 25% overclocking more, but some users can push up to 1Ghz staying below 89C in gaming without throttling.

EDIT: Ok, I think I reached the final destination right now.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6208959

Broken the 9K threshold with 9038 GPU Score @1097x2497 --- EC .12 Prema edition, clevo vBios overvolted 1.050v by svl7

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic