NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Can anyone help me? As stated before I have a Dell branded 4gb gtx680m. SLV7 I can give you my vbios for you to look at and mod for the guys who have the 4gb dell cards.

I think it will be exactly the same vbios, actually the same card as the Dell. If you upload your vbios I can check.

It's not Clevo branded either, it's Nvidia branded. I simply called the vbios "Clevo" because I thought only Clevo will have this card, and also in order not to confuse Clevo users... Well, now the Dell users are getting confused, hahaha.

GPU-Z reads the ID from the adpater, not from the card.

Can you some OC on stock bios ?? By me working only memory overclock , core oc doesnt work. Now iam also with default bios v67.

Only memory OC. Even the factory "boost clock" speeds of 758mhz don't even take effect. The default VBIOS is locked as far as GPU OC'ing.

Yep, suggestions are always nice. :)

Also, when yuou go back and redo it. You can just put the paste on the die, then set the heatsink on top. twist it back and forth a few times then screw the screws down. Do not put the machine back together. Only attach the screen and a usb keyboard and mouse. Then boot to windows and start testing. This way you will know 100 percent before the machine is fully back together.

Again, thanks for the idea, but the P370EM is W-A-Y easier to work on than an M18X, once the heatsink is back on it's literally click on the backplate and add 4 screws (or not for testing). It's one of the big plus points I've noticed so far. :D

Again, thanks for the idea, but the P370EM is W-A-Y easier to work on than an M18X, once the heatsink is back on it's literally click on the backplate and add 4 screws (or not for testing). It's one of the big plus points I've noticed so far. :D

U got that right! I really miss that on the Clevo how you don't have to take the whole damn thing apart basically just to get to the chips.. lol

Hi,

just want to chime in and tell you that my GTX680M upgrade Kit for my P150HM i ordered from Eurocom arrived yesterday :)

Today i put it in and had some quick benchmarks. At stock clocks (770/1800) i got P6289 in 3D Mark 11 and the peak temperature was 77 degree.

A bit overclocked (850/2200) i got P6902 and the peak temperature was at 83 degree.

Are those 3D Mark results and the peek temperatures ok, or should i worry about them ?

Also which BIOS do you recommend i should flash for my card ?

After reading trough this tread my understanding is that with my P150HM only those two are compatible:

Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01

or

MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02

Which one of those two is the better one to choose from and what are the differences of them ?

Best regards,

Manuel

Hi there!

I read through the other thread about the 680m and her safest and full potential. Yet in this thread an other vbios is in use. I flashed my 680m with svl7`s "standard" bios (no overvolting). So let me post my question here: I and am curious to know, what settings you guys can run with standard voltage in every-day-use. Will 980 / 2450 be to high?

Thx for your comments!

Best regards.

Phila

Nobody can tell you exactly what your GPU is capable of, though they may be able to set some guidelines.

Overclocking is always a process of seeing what the particular CPU/GPU/RAM you have is capable of, that's half the fun! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

@ nabelo: For an Hm series, the better vbios are based on MSI 80.04.33.00.24.

Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01: standard clock are 720/1800 with a stock voltage of 0.962v. You will be able to reach (depend of your card), 954Mhz/2400mhz.

MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02: standard clock are 770/1800 with a stock voltage of 0.98v. you will be able to reach (depend of your card) 980Mhz/2400Mhz.

Svl7 made some overvolted vbios on this one that allow to break the 1Ghz wall, but beware of your psu and cooling system.

Your temp seem to be fine on 3dm, in general your temp must be bellow 90°C (which is a pretty high temperature).

Hi!

I did some testing with different oc settings. Seems I got the choice between 980/2250 and 950/2385 - more will cause driver to crash. Which settings should I prefere? I should guess 950/2385 as this means 32% to core and ram?! Or am I mistaken?

Thy for your opinion.

Best regards

Phila

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as I cannot find it anywhere :P I am looking for a VBIOS for the MSI GE60 with the GTX 660M. I've searched the thread but I just hit dead leads and svl7 said in an earlier post that he has one floating around somewhere. Any help would be much obliged :)

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as I cannot find it anywhere :P I am looking for a VBIOS for the MSI GE60 with the GTX 660M. I've searched the thread but I just hit dead leads and svl7 said in an earlier post that he has one floating around somewhere. Any help would be much obliged :)

I recently made a GE60 & GE70 OC unlocked BIOS for GTX660M & GTX650M, let me just upload it for you...

EDIT: Here you go!

• Brian featured this topic