NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Well, it's actually simple. If it worked with the stock vbios then it will still work with the stock vbios... And if it didn't work with the stock version in the first place then it still won't.

I guess I could upload some volt mods of the latest vbios, but most people seem to prefer the older one anyway.

emm,I try to pay, 5usd with paypal to allow me download de vbios but i can´t my paypal is from spain and the link is from usa, and i cant login, i´m sick, I need performance to play crysis 3, and even try to pay, i can´t, i don´t understand.

You don't need to pay anything, even though we appreciate every subscription as it helps paying the servers for the site. We simply require new members to have 5 approved posts in order to download attachements.

Yeah this is the same problem i am having with every vbios in crysis 3. at 75c it throttles down to 15-20fps. This happens if there is alot of AI on screen or other stuff like grass.

I wonder why because i get 79c on Dead Space 3 and it plays flawlessly no throttling at all there.

And in borderlands 2 i dont even get to 70c but if there is alof of physX effects and explosions or corpses on screen i get this same thing. Really annoying.

What's your CPU? I already said this many pages ago - I highly doubt it's the vbios.

I had v67 and now have v33 . I didn't saw any difference form normal user:)

So for a while stay with v33

BTW , Big thanks for Your fantastic works:) Now my GTX 680m is comparable GTX 670 desktop:)

Hey I have the same computer as you and was wondering what your OC GPU temps look like if you don't mind?

I want to overclock my Dell 2GB 680m.

I see allot of Vbios zip's, but how do i know which one is right for me?

I have a M17x R2 with A10 modded Bios.

When i use the X64 version of Nvflash (5.100.0.1) and i want to save the original bios, it says:" No NVIDIA dispaly adapter found"

I am using the 310.90 drivers.

Ty for your time.

Sent from my iPhone.

EDIT: fixed. Nvflash was too old.

now to figure out how to keep the gpu temp below 90 degrees c.

Hey I have the same computer as you and was wondering what your OC GPU temps look like if you don't mind?

At 1000/2400 @ 1.025v when playing crysis3 whitout CM u3 goes up to 93C then the fans start working at 100% and temperature stops at 88C and with CM u3 temperature goes up to 82C.

What temperature do you have. ?

What's your CPU? I already said this many pages ago - I highly doubt it's the vbios.

Oh, i must have missed that. My cpu is the i7 2820qm

I have the A05 bios for my M18x R1 which is latest. So i doubt the unlocked A05 bios will help any?

Cpu temps are around 72c and when throttling occurs GPU usage dips to 20-30% usage and CPU usage goes up from 40% to 80%. and after 5 seconds all goes back again.

EDIT:

Yeah my cpu drops from 3.2ghz down to exactly 798,4mhz on all cores when throttling occurs. How can i remedy this? I installed throttlestop but dont know how it works. Dont really understand any of the things in it. I turned it on and load the performance preset but it didnt work.

Hi svl7!

First of all let me say: Thank you for your efforts! Great work!

I read around in your thread a little (not all 101 Pages ;-). Yet, I can not decide if I should try to flash my clevo P150em 680m. What makes me hesitate:

- Does flashing the vbios mean I will lose the mobility of the 680m (Will it still clock down if it´s power is not requested)?

- Does flashing interfere with nVidia Optimus (Will i still be able to just use the HD4000 to save power on the go)?

- You talk about havon g the latest bios installed before flashing vbios. I use the latest bios approved by mysn.de (for the P502) but is that sufficient?

- How dangerous is flashing, as I read some horrible threads about blackscreens etc. on other forums.

- Finally: I am not sure if I want to overvolt the 680m. I´d Just raise the 135mhz cap. Does this make sense? And if so: Which buils of your bios would you recommend?

Thx for your patience!

Best regards

Phila

Hi, welcome to T|I!

The vbios mods provided here don't have any influence on features like optimus, no idle issues etc., the mods are simply performance optimization.

Flashing is safe. People say a lot, especially because they're not familiar with what exactly happens during the flash. Just follow the guide, flash from DOS and you'll be fine.

I always recommend having the latest bios, seems you're already using it... so don't worry. Since you have en EM system I'd recommend you use the Clevo 80.04.33.00.10 vbios, or even the newer one... doesn't really matter.

Hi svl7!

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Unfortunately after reaching the command line in dos my machine won`t respond to the "nvflash -a" or "nvflash -b filename.rom" command. After I enter the commands i just get a flashing cursor in the next line. Besides that... nothing happens... even though I waited for minutes.

Do you have any idea what might be the cause of this?

Thanks and best regards.

Phila

Full repaste and GPU 2 is still hitting 90c+, in fact I just did a run with everything @stock and still hit 90c on GPU1, only 70c on GPU0.

I'm going to contact my reseller and see what they think.

Did you check to make sure that you have all the correct pads in the right place on this card? All the screws are still tighten? No debris on the GPU die?

At 1000/2400 @ 1.025v when playing crysis3 whitout CM u3 goes up to 93C then the fans start working at 100% and temperature stops at 88C and with CM u3 temperature goes up to 82C.

What temperature do you have. ?

I decided to kill the overclocking for better temps and went with the default VBIOS'. If I play Crysis 3 multiplayer for an hour or so I've had my temps as low as 52*C GPU1 and 59*C GPU2. After a couple of hours of single-player my max on GPU2 is 72-74 but Afterburner shows me I'm running at around 65*C for the most part with the occasional spike to those max temps.

I wanna overclock and get some more power but I want my temps to be reasonable. I went through a bunch of struggles getting my temps down because I was getting 92*C too and really, really didn't like it.

Same with my XM CPU. I wanted to overclock because well.. it IS an XM which is meant to be and it caused my computer to shut down.

I decided to kill the overclocking for better temps and went with the default VBIOS'. If I play Crysis 3 multiplayer for an hour or so I've had my temps as low as 52*C GPU1 and 59*C GPU2. After a couple of hours of single-player my max on GPU2 is 72-74 but Afterburner shows me I'm running at around 65*C for the most part with the occasional spike to those max temps.

I wanna overclock and get some more power but I want my temps to be reasonable. I went through a bunch of struggles getting my temps down because I was getting 92*C too and really, really didn't like it.

Same with my XM CPU. I wanted to overclock because well.. it IS an XM which is meant to be and it caused my computer to shut down.

Can you some OC on stock bios ?? By me working only memory overclock , core oc doesnt work. Now iam also with default bios v67.

Did you check to make sure that you have all the correct pads in the right place on this card? All the screws are still tighten? No debris on the GPU die?

Y'know, I didn't actually check the pads all that much, there were several of them though. :77:

I'm planning to try a copper shim so I'll go over them at that point and double check, assuming I can find a pic somewhere to compare it to.

All the screws are tight, though they seemed to just nip tight instantly, there wasn't really any feeling of adding pressure - which is why I want to try the shim.

I used arcticlean on the die and the heatsink, they were as clean as I can make them before I started.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Yep, suggestions are always nice. :)

Also, when yuou go back and redo it. You can just put the paste on the die, then set the heatsink on top. twist it back and forth a few times then screw the screws down. Do not put the machine back together. Only attach the screen and a usb keyboard and mouse. Then boot to windows and start testing. This way you will know 100 percent before the machine is fully back together.

• Brian featured this topic