NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Nice, I see you got it working. The question is why it was necessary to do it that way... but then again it's Clevo, so I'd say it has something to do with a very weird bios implementation.

Your temps are crazy, even my M15x can run the card at lower temps. I recommend you take a proper look at the heatsink and make sure the contact is fine, as well as the pressure on the die. Many of the current Clevo systems have issues with heat. A slight mod might help to increase the pressure, or a copper shim. What also helped a lot in some cases was a foil mod, so that the fan really blows the air through the fins, and not somewhere else if there are gaps.

.... the Clevo's kick in maximum fans at 91 degrees or so (actually there might be yet another step at 93C), and that means that often the NVIDIA throttling kicks in before the fans are at max. :/ ....

@Prema (or other Bios Modders) -> is there any chance to modify the EC for Clevo P170EM and change the temperature down ~10-15°C ?

Thanks guys, will look into mods after I take it apart and repaste the GPUs, I didn't bother yet but should've given the amount of ICD on the CPU (really, it's like they get the stuff for free, which I did BTW, no way I'd pay extra for paste).

My first idea is to take a holesaw and cut through the base where the fan intakes are, then cover it with something that'll flow more air. Or I could drill extra holes or something. It just seems like a quite restrictive intake vent. Then there's about 3-4mm between the plastic and the fan itself, if I get some foam or something I could force it to just suck air from outside the chassis.

@Jimbo: Your P370EM should be able to peak at 83C Max with dual GTX 680M's. The issue is the inadequate installation of the copper heatsinks and how its used in the chassis. You may have to tighten them a bit to ensure that the heatsinks are making contact with the GPUs. Repasting may be in order for the metal contacts on the GPUs (notice that only one of the GPUs has a higher temp). I cant find the thread in question, but when I do, I'll PM it.

Yeah with SLI GPU1 will always be 10-15 degrees hotter than GPU0 because of the position of where it is and the design they used . GPU1 is further away and due to that the Heatpipe has to run double the length of GPU0 hence less cooling efficiency. But there is an issue somewhere if it is hitting 90 degrees IMO. On top of bad sink contact this seems like something else also.. Not sure about this one, let us know what happens..

so im using the dell 680m 1000v revised vbios and apparently it makes my sli gpu usage throttle like crazy when there seems to be a lot of stuff going on on the screen in crysis 3, bf3, and a lot of other games. overclocking seems to make it worse. when there are no AI on screen i get a steady 95-97% usage on both cards but as soon as the screen begins to fill up with AI, it drops to 50%-40% per card and i get horrible fps...btw i got a 3940xm OC to 4.3ghz so idk if it could be a cpu bottleneck. just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Now I have on my GTX bios Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip , can i flash the Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v.zip Bios v33 is older than v67 as i have now...

My notebook is Clevo p370em

already answered few pages back:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-151.html#post40636

Like your Avatar, reminds me of a friend of mine... ;)

I got my 660M in my M15x about a week ago and was trying to overclock it. The memory changes but the core does not. I tried a few different drivers to no avail so I finally decided to give this Vbios flash a try. It went smooth and it is now unlocked but the core still does not change when I overclock. Any ideas?

so im using the dell 680m 1000v revised vbios and apparently it makes my sli gpu usage throttle like crazy when there seems to be a lot of stuff going on on the screen in crysis 3, bf3, and a lot of other games. overclocking seems to make it worse. when there are no AI on screen i get a steady 95-97% usage on both cards but as soon as the screen begins to fill up with AI, it drops to 50%-40% per card and i get horrible fps...btw i got a 3940xm OC to 4.3ghz so idk if it could be a cpu bottleneck. just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Yeah this is the same problem i am having with every vbios in crysis 3. at 75c it throttles down to 15-20fps. This happens if there is alot of AI on screen or other stuff like grass.

I wonder why because i get 79c on Dead Space 3 and it plays flawlessly no throttling at all there.

And in borderlands 2 i dont even get to 70c but if there is alof of physX effects and explosions or corpses on screen i get this same thing. Really annoying.

Yes I do Svl7. I finally decided to give your GHZ version a try and now my clocks go up to 1k core, which is great. I can't increase the core past that with any programs. Is this Dell card only able to be modified through vbois edits? If so how do I edit the GHZ version to increase it manually? Thank you for any/all info!

well i had problems to flash my p170em's 680m under DOS so i decided to read all the posts here in this thread from the very first one up to the end (still have a headache from that)...

I found my mistake - it was a wrong MS-DOS version i had put on my usb stick created with a tool named rufus. I changed to the HP tool and the win98 files and nvflash worked like a charm....

I flashed the non overvolted Clevo 680m (80.04.33.00.10) 'OCedition' revised v01.

With stock ROM i had 5890 points in 3DMark11.

With the modded VBios i could go up to +282 on clock and + 550 on memory

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6108[/ATTACH]

and recieved impressive 793x Points in the same benchmark. Run1 / Run2 / Run3

no throttling and max temp of 77°C (had to do a heatsink fix with some ring washers on my Clevo Notebook to get more pressure on the GPU like posted on NBR)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6107[/ATTACH]

without the mod my temps got up to 89°C.

I'm very happy that i found this awesome VBios mod done by Svl7. Nice work man - will donate you some beers soon....

• Thumbs Up 1

great work on the vbioses btw saltius

Well, actually these vbios are modified by me, not saltius...

Why when i returned to stock v33 bios, i can't OC the core speed?? I Try nv inspector and MSI afterburner then set +135 and it doesn't make any effect, is still stay at 719 mhz, OC memory works normaly...

Yeah, I know. If your bios lacks official overclocking support for the 680m then you need my modified vbios, stock vbios won't let you overclock in most systems which aren't officially sold with the 680m.

• Brian featured this topic