NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

To all fellow overclockers XD DO NOT INSTALL THE WINDOWS 8 BIOS EVEN ON WINDOWS 8! I just upgraded to win 8 and flashed the win 8 BIOS so that I could have all of the proper things installed. unfortunately now when overclocking the GPU throttles madly so going back to win 7 bios now!

I found a problem with the vbios files posted here and gt60 0ne-403us. I tried both the MSI stock voltage vbios and the and MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02 - OV 1000v.zip The framerates are higher in most games, furkmark, etc, but there is some sort of bug in battlefield 3 where the framerate will cap at 30 fps and only 30-50% gpu is utilized. Even if you set the game to lowest settings, still stuck at 30fps. Tried changing power settings, vsync, etc.. but it appears it is definitely a problem with the modified vbios. When I revert back to my original backup vbios, 98% gpu is utilized again and framerates are back to normal.

In console type render.drawfps 1 to display framerate in bf3 and test. I've tried messing with gametime.maxvariablefps 60 but still stays at constant 30-31 fps. Let me know if any of you also have this issue.

@670mx users: Will mod the vbios when I get the chance, since my SSD died yesterday I need to get a replacement and set up my system again and so on... will take some days until I'm really back to modding.

I found a problem with the vbios files posted here and gt60 0ne-403us. I tried both the MSI stock voltage vbios and the and MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02 - OV 1000v.zip The framerates are higher in most games, furkmark, etc, but there is some sort of bug in battlefield 3 where the framerate will cap at 30 fps and only 30-50% gpu is utilized. Even if you set the game to lowest settings, still stuck at 30fps. Tried changing power settings, vsync, etc.. but it appears it is definitely a problem with the modified vbios. When I revert back to my original backup vbios, 98% gpu is utilized again and framerates are back to normal.

I can't imagine it's a vbios problem... my guess is that this is BIOS / EC related. There was a discussion about some kind of throttling in MSI systems with the 680m a couple of pages back, you should be able to find it. I think it was solved with the proper EC/BIOS combo.

@670mx users: Will mod the vbios when I get the chance, since my SSD died yesterday I need to get a replacement and set up my system again and so on... will take some days until I'm really back to modding.

Thank you in advance, tell us if you need tester or original vbios for 670mx i have 1.5Gb medion(msi bios)

I can backup the vbios using gpu-z or nvflash, but can't do anything with.

Here is the vbios extracted with nvflash

I put online my vbios two days ago, but the one from roo7y is the same as mine, as we have the same laptop (Medion X7819 with GTX 670M) (except the SSD and ram, but who cares :P). His gets higher frequencies than mine btw.

Thanks for your help slv7, good luck for your ssd!

Hi i am new to this forum (am active more in the german forums) and would like to give Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip a try in my Clevo p170EM. I cannot download the file from the frist post a message come up: Andiii, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

why is that?

i have installed

EC 1.02.12.

and

Bios v1.02.14

on my P170EM, so a flash of Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip should be the latest vbios am i right?

Hope to have a good time with you all @ techinferno.com.....

In fact, its written on the top of the page

5 quality posts are needed before you can download attachments. We encourage all existing and new members to read our forum rules. You can view them here: Forum Rules

Nothing difficult :) (or you can make a donation, option i have choosen, to have the right to download attachements).

Do your vbios version match on gpu-z?

dasnorsk and roo7y82, your results are great!

It seems that my card at 9.25v goes stable only until 780Mhz. Which drivers are you using and also roo7y82 could you share with us your card's ASIC quality.

svl7 I am sorry to hear about your SSD and hope that you will not have too much trouble in finding a good deal for a new one and in reinstalling the computer.

@ gokica : We both use this driver : MSI France ? Centre de Téléchargement

Its the 310.90 beta, probably modded by MSI, as its the only one working for us, except the 306.14 we had at the beginning. The official WHQL doesn't work for us.

780mhz is pretty nice too, i'm pretty sure you will get good results too.

on my side i'm not yet comfortable with the overvolting of my card, as i do not really know in what proportions i shall increase it.

Hi,i read somewhere else that "Prema will find a way to make the GTX680M recognize by the P150HM's bios like he did with his P170HM."Anyone can point me to "Permas" tread ? Is this so called BIOS modification already out for the P150HM ?Regards,Manuel

@ gokica : We both use this driver : MSI France ? Centre de Téléchargement

Its the 310.90 beta, probably modded by MSI, as its the only one working for us, except the 306.14 we had at the beginning. The official WHQL doesn't work for us.

780mhz is pretty nice too, i'm pretty sure you will get good results too.

on my side i'm not yet comfortable with the overvolting of my card, as i do not really know in what proportions i shall increase it.

Thanks. That is the driver that I am using as well. The companies usually have to modify the drivers to work properly with their hardware and than wait for certification from Microsoft. And BTW 310.90 is the last official driver from Nvidia as far as I know so we are good.

In case you need to install latest drivers without having to wait for MSI, disable the digital signatures requirement (if you are running Win 8) and download modified inf files from here:

31x Series GeForce Driver release - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Replace the Nvidia's official inf with the modified file and you will be in game without WHQL. What you could also try is to install the drivers by only disabling the driver digital signature which in most cases is the cause for drivers not wanting to install. If you ned more help with this please let me know and I will try to help.

If we have modified bios with unlocked voltage we will try step by step with small increments (0,001 or similar depending on the possibilities) and stop once the temperatures go higher than 72-73 degrees on the GPU under heavy load. In case we have absolute value which is increased by the bios modder we will just watch out for the temps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally decided to flash my dell 680m with the unlocked bios allowing a new oc of core +182 from +135 and memory +676 from +624, passing 5 extreme setting runs in heaven 3 for stability test. Although I was more than happy with the results I decided to try the 1025v bios managing + 247 core and +676 memory passing 8+ hours overnight run of heaven 3 extreme settings for stability test with no issues and temperature increase @load went from 69degC to 72degC. Very impressed with the gains from this bios and sure glad I decided to try unlocking the full potential this card has to offer, thank you.

Hi,i read somewhere else that "Prema will find a way to make the GTX680M recognize by the P150HM's bios like he did with his P170HM."Anyone can point me to "Permas" tread ? Is this so called BIOS modification already out for the P150HM ?Regards,Manuel

Hi, I have a "panic locked" Kingston SSD in my own PxxHMx dev-system. I am already waiting for replacement since a month...

also my Kingston RAM started to act funny....so ya, all this is not helping in getting the project finished...

Hi andiii

Your bios is fine, so i advise you the clevo 80.04.33.00.10 ov 1v for your card.

Remember to backup your vbios first

I tried to backup my vbios in DOS (booted with usb Stick created with rufus) but after the command "nflash --list" my clevo hangs up with constant beeping sound. I had to hold the power button pushed to turn the machine off. the command "nvflash -a" results in a lock up too - but the speakers were not beeping... i only had a blinking dos cursor

The windows nvflash gets the error that no adapter is found. With an game running in windows mode - the nvflash was able to detect my nvidia card.

Do you have any ideas what i should do to backup my 680m's vbios?

Hi, I have a "panic locked" Kingston SSD in my own PxxHMx dev-system. I am already waiting for replacement since a month...

also my Kingston RAM started to act funny....so ya, all this is not helping in getting the project finished...

I hope you'll get those things sorted out soon and can continue this nice BIOS Mod. Im very interested in a version for P150HM users.

Best wishes,

Manuel

• Brian featured this topic