NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

If I'm right, it's basically just the fact that they now enable Secure/UEFI boot to work properly - no other noticeable differences, as far as I am aware.

I have flashed this vbios. it seems that the default max voltage is 1.0120 instead of 0.987.

I have this VBIOS right here http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/5727d1357580808-msi-680m-80.04.33.00.24_ocedition_revised_01-ov-1050v.zip so that would be 80.04.33.00.24 I couldn't find a newer VBIOS from you but if there is anything I need to download or do I can reflash as long as I can hit that 1Ghz mark staying stable of course...

@MSI users: I just added fixed versions for the MSI vbios mods to the second post. The overvolts should now work properly, and the normal 'OCedition' (the not overvolted one) now runs at 0.987v instead of 1.012v. This will result in a cooler running card without loosing any stability. Default clock is still at MSI setting, 771MHz. Forget about the turbo button on your systems, those vbios run at 771MHz when not overclocked.

@svl

..What updates does that version have compared to the vbios which you modded found on the first page of this thread?

It's uefi compatible, and the whole vbios is completely revised.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, I forgot that. That's due to my mod, need to fix that. The stock voltage should be 0987v
@svl7

Dear svl7, don't worry. it works fine. I can overlock until 998 mhz but can't reach 1045mhz like 1.05v vbios.

If you can provide more version of voltage that will be great.

Thanks a lot!

Great job as ever @svl7. Flashed mine with the new MSI revised 02 vbios and it runs cooler 2 - 3 C under full load

Haven't had any issue so far but stability is bit compromised when heavily OC'ed but it makes sense with the lower voltage :)

Max OC was +310/+700 in 3dmark11 comparing with the earlier vbios I managed to overclock at +329/+700, not a big deal at all :)

Haven't tested the 1.05V, though. It should be great for benchmarking :D

When I get the mood to do some benchmark I'll post some results here :D

Thank you very much :)

Someone have been tested the 1.025v vbios for gtx 680m in m17x r4? And temps?

M17XR3 Clevo 680m 80.04.33.00.10 revised01 OV 1025v OC 1000(993)/2250 reached 68 °C running 3dmark11 Maracatu Atomico.

First off I have been lurking around these forums for awhile now and want to thank our resident vbios wizard for all the effort and help he has shared with this community..without his genius we might all still be stuck with our intentionally crippled cards haha! A donation is on its way good sir. I flashed the Dell vbios in the first post last night, immediately threw up +320/+500 on my m17xR4 3610-8gb ram-680m and just pulled a P8301 3DMark11 while barely breaking 70C!! Mind=Blown :bananapowerslide:My previous high with stock bios was P6187! I was really surprised to pull a +8000 on stock voltage and gaming has greatly improved, I saw 10+FPS in Far Cry 3 while gaming stable over an hour last night. Can not imagine pushing this beast with one of the higher volts but see no need right now.. maybe for Crysis 3 haha...

M17XR3 Clevo 680m 80.04.33.00.10 revised01 OV 1025v OC 1000(993)/2250 reached 68 °C running 3dmark11 Maracatu Atomico.

Maracatu Atômico :] recife? Haha humm I am on dell card in my m17x but i have also a clevo p150em and your card looks more cooler. I will flash and do some tests to see if is stable for day by day.

First off I have been lurking around these forums for awhile now and want to thank our resident vbios wizard for all the effort and help he has shared with this community..without his genius we might all still be stuck with our intentionally crippled cards haha! A donation is on its way good sir. I flashed the Dell vbios in the first post last night, immediately threw up +320/+500 on my m17xR4 3610-8gb ram-680m and just pulled a P8301 3DMark11 while barely breaking 70C!! Mind=Blown :bananapowerslide:My previous high with stock bios was P6187! I was really surprised to pull a +8000 on stock voltage and gaming has greatly improved, I saw 10+FPS in Far Cry 3 while gaming stable over an hour last night. Can not imagine pushing this beast with one of the higher volts but see no need right now.. maybe for Crysis 3 haha...

I have the same system i will try it xD 1030 and 2300 on stock? looks very nice.

Just like what I thought the 1.05V vbios is crazy at benchmark.

I managed to get to 1150/2500 in 3dmark11 for 9000 pts graphic score :D

Themperature was pretty much the same with 1.012V vbios pushed to 1100/2500.

And also this vbios is rock stable without any throttle :D

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor, MS-1762 score: P8452 3DMarks

might you be able to help me? I flashed the maximum overvolted MSI VBIOS onto my MSI 680m but for some reason oveclocking is still extremely unstable the maximum clocks I can even use are 993 mhz core and 2106 memory and games still crash occasionally due to it. I even have a custom bios from MSI that disables throttling so I don't know what else to do. help is really appreciated.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor, MS-1762 score: P8452 3DMarks

Sweet! nice score there. ;)

@Vlad Fomitchev

I usually game at stock clocks for most of my games ( BF3, Dota2, Borderlands 2) and overclock it to 1071/2500 when I really need the juice to be able to play at maximum setting possible at Metro2033 and Farcry 3.

I believe every piece of silicon is different so you might have unlucky piece, friend :(

I can only advise you to lower your clocks and look for the most stable clocks :)

Are those clocks stable in benchmark ?

@Clevorr

Thank you very much :D

I was wondering as i have run some benchmarks the other day. What i saw when i upgraded the core clock and memory clock lets say by 30% i only saw a 20% gain in benchmark scores. Has anyone got a good explanation for this difference in the clock/score ratio? Could this be the case of running short on GPU voltage?

Wow man thats insane results!!!:frog:

What psu you have with the MSI?

The bios with the 1.012v is saltius?

With that clocks you can play also games?

Well i have a really big problem now i was running some bench's at 1006mhz and 2398mhz and my comp just shut off and now it wont turn on at all. Temperatures were fine before it happened to like 75 cpu and 65 gpu... now im going to need to send it in for service :s if anyone knows what i can try it would be extremely helpful as now i dont have a computer...

By how much did you overvolt your CPU? From what i have heared running often with a higher voltage can easaly brick your motherboard. GIven your laptop wont start at all i suspect it is not the GPU that broke. Company´s might not be that kind to you as you did some OC with your machine. Company´s say you can at own risk but your warrenty will be void. If i were you i´d ask a friend/relative/acquintance who knows a lot about computers to have a look and ask for his expert opinion first :)

• Brian featured this topic