NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hello! Svl7 great thx for modded BIOS for 680m. I used this one Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00.zip and have nice overclock, but today i have a serious problem with fullscreen 3d video. I used OC bios for about 2 weeks with OC and hard loads and have no artifacts or temp issues. But today i get some strange bug - i see green stripes and in furmark green artifacts in fullscreen 3D mode (if fps is low u can see that 1 frame is nowmal and the next one is green). In windowed mode even if both gpu is under 100% load i have no problems and good performance in all games in windowed mode. Tryed to reinstall drivers, directX, Windows (twice) and have no fix for it. In single gpu mode when sli off i have no artifacts. I want to try flashing back to original bios - hope this fix the problem. But unforunately i don't save original bios. So if it's possible can anyone help me with backup of original bios for GTX680M. As for my system specs - i have Alienware M18X GTX680M SLI. With OC Bios had stable overclock 940/2240 (core/mem). Sorry to disturb u, but i'm new member here and can't download files from the attacment.

Members of this forum - please help me. I've found the link to original 680m bios in this thread (i hope it'll fix green stripes bug - see my first post), but still can't download it because of my new registration here. I read this forum for a long time, but before i have problems with my 680m sli, i don't need to download any attachment.

P.S. Besides here are my OC 3D mark score - 756/1800@941/2240 P10490@P13373

Well, now you have all the rights, should work fine now. Anyway, I doubt that such an issue will be solved by using the stock vbios, sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Thx for advice. Tried to use original bios, but no go again - i have strange green stripes in fullscreen mode. And i also mentioned, that i have a strange issue after upadting to default bios - on full load one card work with clock 720Mhz and other 179Mhz, then they switch and it goes all the time on 100% load.

The original bios form gtx680m is for 4gb model and that was the problem with clocks. Now both GPU work in SLI under 100% load on 756/1800Mhz and no greeen stripes, but still NOT in fullscreen. Any advice?

Plz anyone - give me backup of origianl GTX680m 2GB. Thx a lot.

Yes it's SLI cable issue. If fix 2nd port of sli bridge with a finger in one position there is no green artifacts in fullscreen 3D and in some position of a cable appear red or violet stripes. But unforunately cable is damaged - it's impossible to fix it under keyboard to make it work. So i guess i have to buy new sli cable somewhere.

Flashed the Clevo 680m vbios in the first thread with NVflash for windows and it worked fine solved my issue of the 680 not allowing me to increase the memory clocks was just resetting them every time i changed them.

at 900Mhz/2400Mhz gets to around 88C when running Heaven 3.0

I take it 1v VDDC is the stock voltage?

Also is that temperature fine?

Awww man, my 680m,s run so much cooler now in the AW, fans ramp up like they should and with the highest OV vbios i can't even get them to go over 80 degrees. . This ov vbios is running like a charm too thanks so much svl7, your a true legend!! ;) i have been enjoying the gaming so much that i have had no time for testing / benching! hahaha

Flashed the Clevo 680m vbios in the first thread with NVflash for windows and it worked fine solved my issue of the 680 not allowing me to increase the memory clocks was just resetting them every time i changed them.

at 900Mhz/2400Mhz gets to around 88C when running Heaven 3.0

I take it 1v VDDC is the stock voltage?

Also is that temperature fine?

Yeah, stock volts are just under 1v. That temp is fine but just gives you less further OC room to play with. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

@grechie

I have tried the dell vbios at storage voltage and the one with v1.05. With storage voltage, I can OC until 1006/2250, 3d11 GPU score P8100, with v1.05 version. I can OC until 1045/2250 and GPU score P8400. As I am using 17R3 CPU i7 2760QM is not so good so the I got less CPU score and Combined Score. The general score is between P7600 - P7800 can't pass P8000. I will do more test with v1.05 to see the limits of my card.

Anyway, there is no throttling at all. All versions work stably.

Thanks Wei Lu for the numbers and svl7 for the new vbios.

with the 1045/2250 settings, I get a graphics score of 8138 (physics 8800, combine 6355) and an overall score of 8000. awesome! going to the higher settings of 1088/2300 is not stable. 3D11 just stops running after a while.

need to figure out how to raise the graphics score a bit. everyone is getting around 8400+ but happy for now.

As far as I've observed there will still be "throttling" but only when your GPU usage is below a certain level, it's just power savings. (or in case there is serious instability then you get into a case of a reset to stock clocks, but that just means it's been pushed too far) So basically, check if it throttles when you're above 65 or 70% utilization, if it does, it smells fishy.

I think maybe the 680m gpu degrade over time easily. I have been playing games flawlessly but lately when i play Borderlands 2 maxed with physx high and fight some kaotic bosses it sometimes out of the blue drops from 46fps down to exactly 11-12fps and stays like that for 3-4 seconds and then jumps back up again. I havent timed how long it takes for it to dip down again but it does like this all the time when theres action.

I get the exact same thing in serious sam 3 or whatever its called.

I had monitoring on and when the dip occurrs gpu usage drops down to 20% or so, temps drops as well. And cpu temps and usage also drops. This just started happening out of the blue while i was running windows 8. I didnt have this problem before, so i formatted and installed windows 7 and its still there. My guess is that the gpu is getting tired.

Yes i have repasted both cpu and gpu and temps are good.

had to go back to stock vbios as it was making my laptop buzz like there was a wasp in the laptop, one good thing is flash this then back to stock seemed to fix my issue of it not letting me overclock the memory.

Now at 850Mhz/2400Mhz

Edit reverting to original bios didn't solve the memory reset problem. Is it possible someone who can over clock their clevo 680 memory send me their bios please.

Is it possible to still keep the throttling when on battery as im sure running on battery at full clocks will kill the laptop battery as mine makes a very loud buzzing noise.

The safe vbios in a P150HM are the Clevo 80.04.29.00.01 and MSI 80.04.33.00.24 ov 1.000v.

The clevo vbios has a 3d voltage of 0.962v (stock voltage with this vbios) it allow an OC at max 954 core 2400 memory (may vary in function of the quality of your card) and give you a 3dmark score of 7600-7850 (in function of your cpu), this is the more safe vbios for your 180W PSU.

Msi 80.04.33.00.24 ov 1.000v has a 3d voltage of 1.0v it allow an OC of 1006 core 2400 memory (may vary in function of the quality of your card) and give you a 3dmark score of 8000-8130 (in function of your cpu), at those frequencies and voltage, some games could overload your PSU (Far cry 3 in the LOST EXPEDITION level ...) you need to buy a wattmeter to measure if you could run a game safely with those frequencies and voltage.

If you want to reach those frequencies safely, You Must also cool your laptop with a notebookcooler and do some mod on your backplate in order to give more fresh air to the gpu.

At that moment the MSI 80.04.33.00.24 OC edition vbios (without OV) seem to have bug and give a voltage of 1.012v, so i can't advise this one on a P150HM.

And yes ! Svl7 is a great man ...

All others vbios will make your GTX680M unusable on your P150HM (the card will not be bricked but it will block the boot process, and you will be unable to restore a backup vbios unless you put your card in a P1XXEM laptop series)

PS: make a backup of your vbios before flashing your card (nvflash -b backup.rom)

PS2: Be sure to be in the latest BIOS for your P150HM, because i haven't tested these vbios in other environnement than EC/KBC V 1.00.13 & BIOS V 1.01.14 November 2011, Always update EC/KBC first.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/556299-clevo-bios-older-models.html

PS3: If you got a Sager don't flash with a clevo bios and if you got a clevo don't flash with a sager bios (sager bios has custom EC/KBC that wasn't compatible with standard clevo bios, there is a risk of bricking your laptop).

• Thumbs Up 4

The safe vbios in a P150HM are the Clevo 80.04.29.00.01 and MSI 80.04.33.00.24 ov 1.000v.

The clevo vbios has a 3d voltage of 0.962v (stock voltage with this vbios) it allow an OC at max 954 core 2400 memory (may vary in function of the quality of your card) and give you a 3dmark score of 7600-7850 (in function of your cpu), this is the more safe vbios for your 180W PSU.

Msi 80.04.33.00.24 ov 1.000v has a 3d voltage of 1.0v it allow an OC of 1006 core 2400 memory (may vary in function of the quality of your card) and give you a 3dmark score of 8000-8130 (in function of your cpu), at those frequencies and voltage, some games could overload your PSU (Far cry 3 in the LOST EXPEDITION level ...) you need to buy a wattmeter to measure if you could run a game safely with those frequencies and voltage.

If you want to reach those frequencies safely, You Must also cool your laptop with a notebookcooler and do some mod on your backplate in order to give more fresh air to the gpu.

At that moment the MSI 80.04.33.00.24 OC edition vbios (without OV) seem to have bug and give a voltage of 1.012v, so i can't advise this one on a P150HM.

And yes ! Svl7 is a great man ...

All others vbios will make your GTX680M unusable on your P150HM (the card will not be bricked but it will block the boot process, and you will be unable to restore a backup vbios unless you put your card in a P1XXEM laptop series)

PS: make a backup of your vbios before flashing your card (nvflash -b backup.rom)

PS2: Be sure to be in the latest BIOS for your P150HM, because i haven't tested these vbios in other environnement than EC/KBC V 1.00.13 & BIOS V 1.01.14 November 2011

Clevo BIOS (older models)

PS3: If you got a Sager don't flash with a clevo bios.

@Tonrac thank you for all your advises,(+rep)they are very helpfull!!I already mod my backplate for better cooling and also im using coolermaster u3 so im done with that.

My cpu is 2960xm,so im thinking that with the msi bios and the cpu maybe i overload my psu:ambivalence:.Who knows i will give a shot.

The truth is that right now i have a 7970m,and i found a good deal the 680m.

I dont have any complaints for my 7970m but i want something more oc......:peaceful:

My max temperature is 76c after oc(1030\1560),and im thinking that the 680m is more cool right?

• Brian featured this topic