NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

@svl7 Since you are busy to tweak the GTX 680M VBIOS I decide to modify my GTX 670MX VBIOS by myself :) Read the thread from the first floor to the last one and finally I succeed! Very thanks for your contribution to the 680M VBIOS! See what I've done :) All based on my ALIENWARE M15x!

Stock Frequency: 600MHz/2800MHz and this one got 1006MHz/4010MHz!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5701[/ATTACH]

Quick question you raised the voltage on the card?

Quick question you raised the voltage on the card?

Of course :) Overvolted to 1.1V, it seems to be the maximum voltage the Kepler card can achieve, I try to modify it higher but only the sensor changed the actual voltage stayed on 1.1V.

Not recommend you to try this voltage because it may burn your card, I use special way to solve the heat problem :)

See what I've done :) All based on my ALIENWARE M15x!

Stock Frequency: 600MHz/2800MHz and this one got 1006MHz/4010MHz!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5701[/ATTACH]

Nice! What's with your 8.5k GPU score you posted on a different site?? Any details about that? Cause 1292MHz seems rather high. Also it doesn't really add up if this run was at 1006MHz :P

Nice! What's with your 8.5k GPU score you posted on a different site?? Any details about that? Cause 1292MHz seems rather high. Also it doesn't really add up if this run was at 1006MHz :P

Ah yeah you see that? :) That's very unstable frequency and I've tried many times to past the 3DMark 11, also it can not work perfectly with the i7-920XM @ 3.33GHz. And that's on the tweaked driver 310.70 WHQL which all the settings are for benchmark. Now I roll back to 306.02 for better image quality in game and downclock much from that crazy frequency cause I'm satisfied with a 680M-like 670MX :) If switch to another driver the Graphic Score should be higher than this.

Oh yes, I see a lot :D

I also see all the guys on that forum who re-host my bios mods, remove the "read me" file I included and give no link to the source or credits at all...

I didn't notice a big difference between 306 and 310 driver when it comes to benchmarking. 1292MHz is very high for that chip. Do yo have a 3dM11 link for that result?

• Thumbs Up 3

I also see all the guys on that forum who re-host my bios mods, remove the "read me" file I included and give no link to the source or credits at all...

That takes me from 0 to 120 MPH pissed in 0.2 seconds whenever I see that sort of thing. That is wrong in ever sense of the word. I also get sick of getting PM'd by people asking me to download and send them the files because they don't want to take time to contribute to the community with a minimum of 5 posts. It's dishonest, childish and very selfish.

post-119-14494994105655_thumb.jpg

svl7

First of all, thank you for your mod for acer v3! I'v sold my hp dv6 i7 2670qm and 6770m (1950 3dmark11) and bought acer only coz of your mod! =) My i5 3210 with gt 640m is @ 1100/1100 atm with 2620 3dmark score and i'm going to continue :) Temperatures are ok, only 63 during 3dmark test, but ofc it will be higher while gaming, think i'll buy a cooling pad later.

As far as i understood i'm not able to set gpu clock more then 1114? Wanted to asked if u can make it 1200 or so? And maybe it would be nice to raise voltage abit?

Thank you again, going to buy u a beer =)

• Founder
Oh yes, I see a lot :D

I didn't notice a big difference between 306 and 310 driver when it comes to benchmarking. 1292MHz is very high for that chip. Do yo have a 3dM11 link for that result?

I'm betting it's a Chinese forum.

What site is this on?

in my MSI 1762 barebone with 3610qm and 680m here are my clocks and scores with the MSI bios from this thread (stock voltage): (on performance setting, all scores are the 3d mark 11 scores, last one tells graphic score only.)

stock vbios run= 5953

stock vbios with "turbo boost= 6043

*svl7's MSI bios tests below*

935/2000=7025 @86 C

945/2120=7226 @93

975/2400=7465 (turbo fans on temp was below 85)

995/2440=7612 (turbo fans on temp was below 90)

995/2520=7631 (turbo fans on temp was below 90)

1005/2520=7653 (turbo fans on temp was below 90)

1025/2580=7795 @89 C with turbo fans on. (graphics score alone 8091)

tried a bit higher and the driver crashed so thats enough testing for me today.

overclock done on 310.70... looked up the update an many said the overclock wasnt as stable on 310.90... so ill stick with 310.70 for a bit

Looking good here. Running the non-OC vbios at 888/2223 in a P370EM. Temps hover around 70C. Thinking of trying out the 1025v bios to see what I get

Finally got around to trying out two of the OV bios. 1000 and 1025. If I had better cooling I'd probably stick with the 1025 bios. The cool part is with the 1v bios, I only gained 1C of heat over the non-OV bios, but lost 1fps as compared to the 1.025v.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

[MENTION=5918]Paul Kadoshnikov[/MENTION]

That's pretty hot temps you got there and somewhat unstable GPU on high clocks. I am using 1762 barebone too. Yet my temp wasn't so high like yours. I recorded my max temp was 82C without the turbo cooling when benchmarking with 3dmark11 at 1100/2500 overclock that gave me 8700ish gpu score. Have you ever done repasting the thermalpaste ? Because I did and that gave me the temps.

Well, I know every piece of silicon is different :)

I am not going to bother installing the 310.90 driver either ;)

I hardly hit 70°C with a slight OV when playing games... and that's with an old system which was never designed to run with such a card. If you guys get such high temps you really need to think about modifying the heatsink / backplate a bit or using a copper shim in order to improve the pressure on the die.

If you guys get such high temps you really need to think about modifying the heatsink / backplate a bit or using a copper shim in order to improve the pressure on the die

I have two sets of copper shims. The first set I put it already on the heatsink. 2nd set i need to laser cut the shim's into half.. Will post after i complete this project. Btw.. When will you release an OV for msi? thnx svl7

I hardly hit 70°C with a slight OV when playing games... and that's with an old system which was never designed to run with such a card. If you guys get such high temps you really need to think about modifying the heatsink / backplate a bit or using a copper shim in order to improve the pressure on the die.

Out of curiosity, what frequencies are you running?

I have two sets of copper shims. The first set I put it already on the heatsink. 2nd set i need to laser cut the shim's into half.. Will post after i complete this project. Btw.. When will you release an OV for msi? thnx svl7

Ah, I see. Yeah, post some pics if you get the chance, I always like to see some naked systems :P I'm sure there's room for improvement. What helped a lot in my case was grinding down the backplate, which increased the pressure a lot.

Also... MSI OV versions added, check the second post.

Let me know how it goes, it's possible that with that vbios the voltage drops a bit, please monitor with MSI AB or Nvidia Inspector.

Out of curiosity, what frequencies are you running?

Last time I checked I was playing Black Ops 2 @1.05V, 932MHz, and the temps were 70°C, and I have my system lifted in the back.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Brian featured this topic