NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Did a test using the latest two Clevo vBIOS.

1050V and 1025V

However, the 1050V version gave me some issues and when flashing, it would give the "unidentified device" issue and not give me proper runs.

The 1025V vBIOS allowed me to run at my GPU's physical max (993MHz, no higher and is hardcapped there even when set to 1000) and did several tests.

Core/MEM (MHz) : Performance Score 3DMark11

993/2350: P8004

993/2360: P8046

993/2380: P8050

993/2400: P8038

Seems 993/2380 is the best in terms of points and will be finding one setting stable for gaming without too high of temps (though my max temp was low at 59C; don't ask how).

Guess I'll do my end of bargain and give the man another round. @svl7

EDIT: Should be from m******[email protected] for $10 USD

I got this issue with MSI_FD vbios, related to nvidia driver. (got this issue on driver > to 306.23)

The gpu stay at 993Mhz on the Overclocking range of 993Mhz-1005Mhz, but if you OC @1006Mhz it must keep this frequencies.

Sold my 3920 xm(qs) to get myself an iphone 5, so back on my 3610qm now, got NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4 score: P7984 3DMarks with 1045/2349 my memory cnat go higher, coz it will make it crash :(

- - - Updated - - -

using 1.05v bios

- - - Updated - - -

Could upload the log if interested?from hwinfio

My GPU behaves so weird lately after I flashed new BIOS for my whitebook ms1762 because the core and memory clocks are fixed at 324 Mhz. I was so dumb that I didn't make a backup BIOS :(

Everytime I run a program that uses my GPU my system always ends up with BSOD. Nvdkllm.sys was blamed to be cause in the BSOD.

I've tried everything from doing clean install driver to flashing old vbios but without any success. I am currently using svl7 latest vbios for MSI.

Could flashing BIOS get me this GPU problem ? Or there is something wrong with my driver and GPU ?

I've been searching in google to sort this problem out but I never read flashing BIOS did this to GPU before.

Sold my 3920 xm(qs) to get myself an iphone 5

Well one could have done better, but I'm not going to start a fight :P

The 1025 Clevo vbios works great so far, stable and doesn't run much hotter.

Well one could have done better, but I'm not going to start a fight :P

The 1025 Clevo vbios works great so far, stable and doesn't run much hotter.

Well, since my iphone 4 died and I am just a poor student I needed a new phone :P, will pick up an extreme processor later this year probably an 2920xm/2960xm for the upcomming m18x r1 I am buying :D(I can buy one extremely cheap :D, then will sell my R4(with equiping an gtx580m, and use that money to fund the 600 euro costing m18, and with the remaining money buy anohter gtx680m, and buy later this year an r2 motherboard when they get cheaper :D))

Hi naldor, the DELL 1.05v bios is stable @1045/2349 in the game? no throttling? what's the temperature?

hej

I am sorry I should have said I am using an clevo gtx680m, if you clock down to like 1023 its stable in game(skyrim,bf3,witcher played em all 3 houres straight with no problem).

update, temperature around 68-72 degrees, sometimes even lower :D

it's possible to have 80.04.67.00.01 with OV too? because it's the only clevo vBios that support UEFI + secureboot under Win8

also, is actually nibitor open & save trick working to fix vBios checksum? :) i cannot test since i have no backup notebook to flash

I only modified the legacy part. If you want to use a modified vbios, you need to have secureboot and fastboot disabled. I'll put up the new one as well when I get around to do so.

Regarding the checksum, no idea whether it would do it properly on the current vbios, but anyway, you can't make a broken vbios working by just adjusting the checksum, so forget that.

@svl7 I have just read from page 1 all the way to this very last page, I can tell you what and that is that my head hurts! So much information going on!

Yourself, John, fox etc are gods! I'm planning on flashing to the dell 680m vbios (own an M17xR4 now) in your very first post to see how that goes. I'm going to donate to you bosses because this place is truly awesome. Keep up this damn good work!

might I just ask, if one was to flash to a dell 680m vbios, would you recommend the bios from your very first post, OR one of the experimental OV ones from your second post? I would be chasing P8000. I do understand that every cards different so I may not be able to achieve this however would love to give it a red hot go! If unsure I may just flash them all!

• Thumbs Up 1

@grechie

I have tried the dell vbios at storage voltage and the one with v1.05. With storage voltage, I can OC until 1006/2250, 3d11 GPU score P8100, with v1.05 version. I can OC until 1045/2250 and GPU score P8400. As I am using 17R3 CPU i7 2760QM is not so good so the I got less CPU score and Combined Score. The general score is between P7600 - P7800 can't pass P8000. I will do more test with v1.05 to see the limits of my card.

Anyway, there is no throttling at all. All versions work stably.

• Thumbs Up 2

might I just ask, if one was to flash to a dell 680m vbios, would you recommend the bios from your very first post, OR one of the experimental OV ones from your second post? I would be chasing P8000. I do understand that every cards different so I may not be able to achieve this however would love to give it a red hot go! If unsure I may just flash them all!

Second post is not just experimental, it's also just some more versions with additional tweaks, e.g. voltage. If you want to go for P8000 GPU score in 2dM11 then you'll need at least 1.025-1.05V.

@grechie

I have tried the dell vbios at storage voltage and the one with v1.05. With storage voltage, I can OC until 1006/2250, 3d11 GPU score P8100, with v1.05 version. I can OC until 1045/2250 and GPU score P8400. As I am using 17R3 CPU i7 2760QM is not so good so the I got less CPU score and Combined Score. The general score is between P7600 - P7800 can't pass P8000. I will do more test with v1.05 to see the limits of my card.

Anyway, there is no throttling at all. All versions work stably.

Thanks for the information Wei Lu i believe you've answered my question. Thank you :-)

Thanks for the information Wei Lu i believe you've answered my question. Thank you :-)

Hi grechie, here is the highest score for my DELL 680M with v1.05 vbios. The limit is 1088/2300 max temperature during test is 76°

GPU 8703 Physic 7044 Combined 6035. Finally the general score P8061

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2760QM Processor,Alienware M17xR3 score: P8061 3DMarks

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, now running the overvolted 680m vbios on my SLI 680m,s in the new M18x.. All went smooth and no problems at all. We right in summer atm, so just need some cooler nights and will have some fun and see how we go.. ;)

@svl7 you are a legend!

@svl7 flashed to 1050v bios from the second post, and successfully achieved P8030 3D marks! (only upped core clock for starters) Thanks man I appreciate it! Temperatures are only around 68-70c in BF3 on ultra. Curious...is there more Vcore to be had? or is 1050v the limit? :-) Cheers

@svl7 flashed to 1050v bios from the second post, and successfully achieved P8030 3D marks! (only upped core clock for starters) Thanks man I appreciate it! Temperatures are only around 68-70c in BF3 on ultra. Curious...is there more Vcore to be had? or is 1050v the limit? :-) Cheers

1.05v is already a big overvolt tbh, but if we'd go up to 1.075v or 1.1v u greatly increase the risk on destorying your card :D.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus the amount of heat will be stupid, no way you ccan play bf3 long on 1.1v.

@svl7 Since you are busy to tweak the GTX 680M VBIOS I decide to modify my GTX 670MX VBIOS by myself :) Read the thread from the first floor to the last one and finally I succeed! Very thanks for your contribution to the 680M VBIOS! See what I've done :) All based on my ALIENWARE M15x!

Stock Frequency: 600MHz/2800MHz and this one got 1006MHz/4010MHz!

post-635-14494994104811_thumb.jpg

• Brian featured this topic