NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I'd stick with Afterburner, all these programs are made by unwinder but Afterburner is the most popular one. Yeah I can hit 1 ghz on stock voltage with my cards and so far I have the highest GPU score of any notebook (and I did it using stock cooling). The P370em may not be able to fare as well with overclocking, it doesn't have as robust cooling as the M18x but you should be able to get some nice clocks. Just keep an eye on your temps.

You might want to rethink that one. I did 15531 flat on a desk in a 98F room. :D :D

And the one below is 15.8k GPU with a/c. :)

You might want to rethink that one. I did 15531 flat on a desk in a 98F room. :D :D

Woh, nice score, you beat my GPU PB.. Im chucking all my hardware into a M18x so i should be able to get higher, gonna go for 16k.. ;)

• Founder

That post was before you did your latest run. Unfortunately my core is maxed out at stock voltage. This pair I have isn't as good as the first 680m that I had which broke 9k gpu.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Just got this on stock cooling + ambient temps (no A/C running--don't have a portable on here). Once my G.Skill ram arrives I'm hoping I can push my CPU back up to 4.5-4.6 GHz: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5138131

post-5-14494994021038_thumb.jpg

• Founder
Just one remark, the DELL 680M start to throttle from 76° with latest version of vbios. So the cooling support for notebook is necessary for my 17R3

Older version didn't throttle at 76 degrees?

Sent from my GT-N7000

svl7 is the man. check it out[ATTACH=CONFIG]5529[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

svl7 is the man. check it out

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5529[/ATTACH]

Do you do any gaming at all? I also own a G75VW-BBK5 (anxiously awaiting the download!), and I'm ready to push the core past 1GHz. I'm wondering if you have any anecdotes about gaming performance after flashing and overclocking.

Can i see 3dmark11 results to those people who got gt660m overclocked and what frequencies u benchmarked your gpu's? thanks

3dmark 11 was in P3341 range and the frequencies were 1085 mhz normal clock and 1600 mhz memory.

I will post a screenshot tmw.

That post was before you did your latest run. Unfortunately my core is maxed out at stock voltage. This pair I have isn't as good as the first 680m that I had which broke 9k gpu.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Just got this on stock cooling + ambient temps (no A/C running--don't have a portable on here). Once my G.Skill ram arrives I'm hoping I can push my CPU back up to 4.5-4.6 GHz: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P13357 3DMarks

a/c is only for cpu test.

@lonesyndal: Great information, thank you for sharing! That's generally also what I noticed. The .29 vbios drops the voltage on load to about 0.962, the 0.67 stays at 0.987, that certainly helps with stability. Wasn't able to properly fix that weird behavior with that vbios, seems like a little bug or weird implementation.

Hum it make the same thing with the MSI_FD vbios, when i launch a 3d app the voltage go to 1.025v during 10-30s and then go down to 1v.

maybe you can put the 3d voltage to 1v and then after warm up it goes down to 0.987v ....

After attempting to download the vbios for the 660 I found that the first link seemed to be broken. Should I even worry about giving it a shot or would the Ghz edition be good enough?

Link fixed.

@svl7 A fellow x7200 user with 680M SLI tried the new modded Clevo 80.04.67. vbios, and couldn't get past the BIOS loading screen, it just went off. He used his 480M and was able to boot from it & flash it back, so all is fine again.

But now I'm kinda scared of that .67 vbios... do you think it's because he had SLI? Should I still go ahead and try it? BTW Usually the x7200 is not similar to the HM series, since it has no iGPU at all, not even a disabled one.

anybody know if there is a way to find out what is causing my driver crashes? I get them alot in games after i have played a while. My temps are fine at around high 50´s . I have had this with all kinds of drivers. Running win8

• Brian featured this topic