NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Dont forget my 7821 at 980/2250.

Hahaha, no, I don't :P

Great scores, all of you!

Then I felt lucky and did a "Ghz-Edition" run (1006/2250, +250/+450 in AB):

ghzedition.png

Compared to the UV clevo vbios, this one resulted in ~250 3dmark points more at the same clocks! GPU points changed +500, but this is also related to my new texture filtering tweak :)

I love this new vbios, it prooved to me that my 680M is not underperforming (what I have been afraid of). Also I'm glad my X7200 can cool the 680M properly as it's not officially supported and I have to use a 580M heatsink.

Awesome, stable at1GHz for 3dM11 at this voltage...

Wow. This is amazing. I am so happy that I can almost break the 8k barrier with the Dell 680m. I couldn't even come close to break the 7k barrier before. Thank you so much slv7!!! I will buy you a beer when I get back from the gym :D

EDIT: Your link to donate does not work.

Cheers! ... and fixed ;)

I would like to test a modified version of the new vbios for the P1XXHM series , but i most likely wont get to it till mid December since most of my Engineering Senior Projects is on this comp :D ..

Just let me know.

windows 8 fastboot and uefi secure boot also work!

That's impossible. Secure boot can't work, unless your bios allows secure boot with legacy stuff enabled, which makes absolutely no sense. For true secure boot you'd need an uefi compatible vbios, the Clevo vbios contains such an image, but it's not modified. So unless the legacy stuff gets loaded, you won't notice anything of the mod.

That's impossible. Secure boot can't work, unless your bios allows secure boot with legacy stuff enabled, which makes absolutely no sense. For true secure boot you'd need an uefi compatible vbios, the Clevo vbios contains such an image, but it's not modified. So unless the legacy stuff gets loaded, you won't notice anything of the mod.

its works!.. (older clevo vbios cant. its say mxm not bla bla bla) but this new clevo vbios works. that's because of your great work for making the vbios compatible with uefi. im using m18x r2 with a08 bios (this bios support uefi, secure boot and windows 8 fast boot, and Im using windows 8 pro. first I disable secure boot, setup the uefi boot then theres only show alienware text when boot after it boot, I restart and enable secure boot then everything work fine. but actually I don't know what is the secure boot for.. hahaha but I just make it enable. from total shutdown to windows login screen just about 5 - 7 seconds (ssd). sorry for my bad English.

I didn't make the vbios compatible with uefi, the latest Clevo vbios simply has the uefi drivers included, whereas the Dell vbios hasn't. All I did is modifying the legacy vbios, which shouldn't get loaded with uefi boot / secure boot. You can easily check this... what's the maximum overclock you can set per software?

I didn't make the vbios compatible with uefi, the latest Clevo vbios simply has the uefi drivers included, whereas the Dell vbios hasn't. All I did is modifying the legacy vbios, which shouldn't get loaded with uefi boot / secure boot. You can easily check this... what's the maximum overclock you can set per software?
core up to 1050/mem 2450 half stable but just for 3dmark11 and some games. but superb stable for all games core 941/mem 2450 (tested with 4 hours+ crysis2, hitman, and bla bla bla).. Thanks again for your hard works!..

Clevo 680m 'OCedition revised 01' added to the second post. Includes a little fix, clocks should now be reported properly (unless you use any of the latest Nvidia beta drivers, then it will be of by like 13MHz).

core up to 1050/mem 2450 half stable but just for 3dmark11 and some games. but superb stable for all games core 941/mem 2450 (tested with 4 hours+ crysis2, hitman, and bla bla bla).. Thanks again for your hard works!..

Interesting... if you really have secure boot and uefi boot enabled as you say, then the Dell BIOS is not working properly. Well, doesn't make a difference for you anyway, so... enjoy.

I would like to test a modified version of the new vbios for the P1XXHM series , but i most likely wont get to it till mid December since most of my Engineering Senior Projects is on this comp :D ..

@svl7: I can test a new revised OC Edition vbios based on clevo 80.04.29.00.01 if you want to give me a try ...

@svl7 Hi, I'm having "problems" with your latest vbios for Dell 680M, I'm realizing that my gpus in some games don't use the highest core clocks I had set on MSI AB, but it uses the memory clocks. I'm using latest beta drivers 310.61

For example:

@ Counter Strike Global Offensive

I have set fps_max 130 fps and the gpu just uses 500Mhz core clock or so...

Could anyone help me? thank you :)

@svl7 Hi, I'm having "problems" with your latest vbios for Dell 680M, I'm realizing that my gpus in some games don't use the highest core clocks I had set on MSI AB, but it uses the memory clocks. I'm using latest beta drivers 310.61

For example:

I Think that is becase the GPU only uses as much juice as it needs. CounterStrike isnt a really demanding game. I can play borderlands 2 and the gpu runs Cold and quiet, but cryengine games it blasts away at high rpm and temps at 75+.

• Thumbs Up 1

+1 There is a driver parameter called adaptative performance that play with the frequencies of the card in function of the gpu usage.

If you want to use your gpu to the max, you must make a game profile and put this parameter on max performance. BTW this functionality is great because it allow to play to low demanding games without having the fan to the max, "cold and quiet" like MrValle said.

• Thumbs Up 1

New personal best: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P13264 3DMarks This is all done on stock cooling, if I had an external A/C available I'm positive I could break 16k graphics.

These scores are crazy.. I ended up defaulting my Clevo VBIOS cause I'm worried about my cards a little, plus I can't seem to get drivers to function properly with the new VBIOS - sometimes getting crashes or "Driver Failure" windows..

Any suggestions?

• Founder
These scores are crazy.. I ended up defaulting my Clevo VBIOS cause I'm worried about my cards a little, plus I can't seem to get drivers to function properly with the new VBIOS - sometimes getting crashes or "Driver Failure" windows..

Any suggestions?

Could be because you are clocking beyond what your video card and/or cooling can handle. I'd suggest trying the new vbios (its much better than the default shipping one) and then moving your clocks up in small increments. Use 3dmark 11 to test for stability.

Could be because you are clocking beyond what your video card and/or cooling can handle. I'd suggest trying the new vbios (its much better than the default shipping one) and then moving your clocks up in small increments. Use 3dmark 11 to test for stability.

I had the Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 - 915MHz - 0962V - OC.zip when I did all of this. This is the one you are suggesting: Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip ? It's stock clocks with OC enabled apparently?

Thanks a bunch :)

• Founder

For example:

It's because the game isn't stressing the gpu enough for full utilization. It has nothing to do with the vbios.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Thumbs Up 1

@svl7: For some reason, none of the Clevo vBIOS here can get my performance higher than 7821 on 3dmark (this is when set to run at 980/2250 and 980/2300). I can use the one provided from the safe overclock thread to get 7800+, so what would be the big difference in their setup beside one being based on MSI setup? (Mine's the Clevo 4GB GTX 680M)

Using the revised edition, I get 7210. On the defaulted 915, 7350.

• Founder
@svl7: For some reason, none of the Clevo vBIOS here can get my performance higher than 7821 on 3dmark (this is when set to run at 980/2250 and 980/2300). I can use the one provided from the safe overclock thread to get 7800+, so what would be the big difference in their setup beside one being based on MSI setup? (Mine's the Clevo 4GB GTX 680M)

The vbios is based on the msi fd vbios so that's why you don't see a big difference. For sli users it's a huge difference because it nearly eliminates throttling. However @svl7 has made other improvements that make it worthwhile to upgrade to the latest vbios.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Well, depends on what you're looking for. I clearly recommend the newer, revised vbios. It runs at stock voltage and is therefor cooler, also I noticed better performance in some games. For me both perform the same in 3dM11, but I can only test it on my system of course.

• Brian featured this topic