NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

@svl7 I just donated a little something as a thank you and support for your effort :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just pulled out my 680m and his 6990m and then put my card in his laptop, and it booted into my dos usb. For some reason it didnt even boot without the screen showing. I then reflashed my card with the vbios I was using before tried the newer vbios and it worked beautifully, and here I am. Responding on my 9150!!! :D

Great to hear! So you were really lucky to have a fellow 9150 owner around at the right time hehe

• Thumbs Up 1

svl7,

It was installed memory chips with 0.4 ns access time (K4G20325FD-FC04) and I used a 0.3 ns memory chips (K4G20325FD-FC03). I changed nothing in the vbios because I do not know how. I'm not sure if it is a problem?

Both memory chip works with 1.35V and 1.5V voltage.

I think it will not hurt to slightly lower memory access times and raise voltage if possible. Could you do it with Clevo and MSI OC/OV vbios?

If that does not help I exchange the MOSFETs.

Clyde how are you making all these hardware changes?

Successfully flashed MSI_GTX680m4gb_+_200MHz_OV_ver2.zip on my GT70, all looks well, clock speeds took as well did the voltage change.

I am having one issue though, why in the world is Afterburner not working for me? I can't make adjustments at all. Any ideas?

Ohh .... Are you using Windows 7 ? Did you uninstall your driver before flashing ? Which command do you use ? nvflash -6 your_file.rom ? No blue screen in Windows 7 after flashing ?

Ohh .... Are you using Windows 7 ? Did you uninstall your driver before flashing ? Which command do you use ? nvflash -6 your_file.rom ? No blue screen in Windows 7 after flashing ?

Ya, windows 7. I did NOT uninstall the driver, should have I? nvflash -6 xxxx.rom is the command i used. No blue screen. Booted up, checked the clocks in gpuz to see if it worked correctly (it did) and ran 3dmark11. Score increase from 6171 to 6798.

Still not able to get afterburner to work though :/ Any ideas?

Ya, windows 7. I did NOT uninstall the driver, should have I? nvflash -6 xxxx.rom is the command i used. No blue screen. Booted up, checked the clocks in gpuz to see if it worked correctly (it did) and ran 3dmark11. Score increase from 6171 to 6798.

Still not able to get afterburner to work though :/ Any ideas?

Hi RPXZ,

It seems that Afterburned Doesn't support variety of mobile keplers at the moment. Try to edit MSIAfterburner.cfg file inside MSIAfterburner installation folder and add following lines under [NVAPIHAL] section:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = 1

UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1

UnlockVoltageControl=1

UnlockVoltageMonitoring=1

Hi RPXZ,

It seems that Afterburned Doesn't support variety of mobile keplers at the moment. Try to edit MSIAfterburner.cfg file inside MSIAfterburner installation folder and add following lines under [NVAPIHAL] section:

UnlockVoltageControl=1

From my point of view, try using EVGA precision X. for me its better then MSIAfterburner.

Out of curiosity, what vbios should I be running?

Alienware MX18 R2 / 680m SLI

Currently I am on the 850mhz default vbios - but I experience intermediate throttling at odd times.

SLI enabled games seem fine, but non-SLI games seem to throttle more, regardless of load.

• Founder
Out of curiosity, what vbios should I be running?

Alienware MX18 R2 / 680m SLI

Currently I am on the 850mhz default vbios - but I experience intermediate throttling at odd times.

SLI enabled games seem fine, but non-SLI games seem to throttle more, regardless of load.

Use the low voltage/under volted vbios for dell 680M.

So it looks like the msi 200oc and overvolt bios still has the 135 lock on it?

If there is a way around it let me know because the msi 135+ unlock does not have the volt increase. Is there one that has the 135+ unlock with increase volts?

I have DELL680M on my 17R3. Strange thing happened, I have tried before the 850 stock bios and it throttles. Then I have tried the 758 version and it's stable. But the OC by software didn't seems to work well. The max voltage is 0.987. Today I have tried again the 850 bios and it's stable. I have noticed that the max voltage is 0.962.

I don't know how could it happen but effectively with undervolt at 0.962 my card doesn't throttle anymore and I got P6666 in 3Dmark11. Before it was P6300 for 819 bios.

I would like to get one improved bios at 850 with software OC possibility that will be great.

Hi RPXZ,

UnlockVoltageControl=1

Tried this. Didn't work :(

svl7, do you think you would be able to unlock the 135+ overclock limit on the 200oc+ov MSI bios? I'm running it right now and have it maxed out. I'm sure I could get some more out of this card with the increased volts. I'll make sure to send a donation.

New Clevo version added, 915MHz default clock, clocks adjustable, slightly undervolted. Let me know how it performs.

Seems to work pretty well on my system, but haven't tested it for a long time. Grab it in the second post.

Dear Svl7, could you please help to make a new DELL 680M bios with 915mhz default clock, clocks adjustable and stock voltage?

I have found DELL 680M works well in R3 at 850mhz with no boost at 0.962v. Want to try the 915 clock with boost voltage 0.987v.

Thanks in advance.

If your running those...It should be allot higher than that. :)

Graphics NVIDIA GTX 680M SLI 4GB (902/1000 MHz)

And yes, been knowing that about these Dell cards for quite some time now... :)

Hi, which vbios are you using to get 900mhz at 0.95v? It seems to be stable at this voltage.

• Brian featured this topic