NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

New Clevo version added, 915MHz default clock, clocks adjustable, slightly undervolted. Let me know how it performs.

Seems to work pretty well on my system, but haven't tested it for a long time. Grab it in the second post.

i just flash it and this is my experience with.

my configuration is m18x r2 with 4gb clevo cards.

flash and run good and no throttling but i think (just think because im not expert) this vbios voltage needs to be higher if not it wont be stable.

i can run heaven benchmark with no prob as many time as i like also 3dmark2011 with no prob but some game like crysis 2 it crash after couple hour.

very easy for me to know if the vbios/overclock is stable or not i just try run medusa demo (yes medusa is old demo from nvidia) but from my experience, if i can pass the medusa then

all other game like crysis 2 will be stable for hours and no prob at all. for example before this i use the clevo oc vbios (thanks to svl7) set at 890core/2400mem it is super stable.. not a single crash.

maybe svl7 can adjust this new vbios mods to be more stable. like i said, this is what i think because im not the expert.

thanks and keep up the good work.

i just flash it and this is my experience with.

my configuration is m18x r2 with 4gb clevo cards.

flash and run good and no throttling but i think (just think because im not expert) this vbios voltage needs to be higher if not it wont be stable.

i can run heaven benchmark with no prob as many time as i like also 3dmark2011 with no prob but some game like crysis 2 it crash after couple hour.

very easy for me to know if the vbios/overclock is stable or not i just try run medusa demo (yes medusa is old demo from nvidia) but from my experience, if i can pass the medusa then

all other game like crysis 2 will be stable for hours and no prob at all. for example before this i use the clevo oc vbios (thanks to svl7) set at 890core/2400mem it is super stable.. not a single crash.

maybe svl7 can adjust this new vbios mods to be more stable. like i said, this is what i think because im not the expert.

thanks and keep up the good work.

What was the highest clock you got stable with the UV vbios? Was it higher then the old one?

What was the highest clock you got stable with the UV vbios? Was it higher then the old one?

it default clock is 915 and i cant downclock it because when i apply my downclock let say 850 (using evga precision x with OSD) and run heaven for example it still run at 915.

edited:

but with clevo oc version vbios this overclock or downclock all work fine.

The card will most likely throttle at such clocks with more voltage, at least in some applications. The UV might not be stable enough for all cards, since overclockability varies with each GPU.

I can't know what is stable for you guys... of course it would be desirable to create a mod which works for as much users as possible. What would be a good base? Memory and core? Stock voltage or lower? Overvolt... I don't know... seems to causes trouble with the oem vbios.

New Clevo version added, 915MHz default clock, clocks adjustable, slightly undervolted. Let me know how it performs.

Seems to work pretty well on my system, but haven't tested it for a long time. Grab it in the second post.

Hell yeah, thanks a lot svl7! I will test it in 2 hours when I get back from work and if it performs well I will as promised buy you a few beers :)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone tried this UV vbios with x7200?

I will later today.

I'm new to overclocking, and have been reading a lot the past few days. It seems a new vbios is what I need to accomplish my goals. The Clevo 915MHz version looks very appealing. Can someone tell me if I would have any issues using this on an SLI setup?

Thanks.

I don't know if I post in the right section, browsing the site for 2 hrs now. My problem is the following: I have an Acer notebook with a Geforce 630m 2 GB DDR3 that has some kind of throttling problem. When it reaches 75 degrees Celsius it throttles from 797 Mhz to 118 Mhz and then to 475 Mhz where it remains forever. I am not interested in any overclocking, just want to stop throttling or maybe make it throttle at a higher temperature. Is there any way I can mod the VBIOS so that I can do that? These GPUs are designed to run at full speed at higher temperatures, I don't understand why Acer set them to throttle at 75 degrees. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I don't know if I post in the right section, browsing the site for 2 hrs now. My problem is the following: I have an Acer notebook with a Geforce 630m 2 GB DDR3 that has some kind of throttling problem. When it reaches 75 degrees Celsius it throttles from 797 Mhz to 118 Mhz and then to 475 Mhz where it remains forever. I am not interested in any overclocking, just want to stop throttling or maybe make it throttle at a higher temperature. Is there any way I can mod the VBIOS so that I can do that? These GPUs are designed to run at full speed at higher temperatures, I don't understand why Acer set them to throttle at 75 degrees. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

My first suggestion would be to see if the fan intake and fan outlet is blocked by dust of any kind. If it is, it will prevent the cooling system from keeping the GPU temps under control. Also, it may not be a bad idea to take the bottom panel off and blow a can of compressed air into the fan itself to blow out the dust. Not the whole can obviously, but just a little to clean it out. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

So I tested the new UV clevo vbios with my x7200. Even though it still throttles at test 1, I get 6900 points in 3dmark11 on the new stock clocks (915/1800). So far I haven't had a single crash in any game and I think it runs pretty stable. In Bad Company 2 my GPU usage is constantly above 98% resulting in 90-110fps.

In BF3 my GPU usage still hovers between 60-90%... I think I am somehow bottlenecked by my i7 980, even though all 6 cores are only at ~55%-60% load. If I choose all ultra settings my GPU usage goes up to 95-99%, but of course my FPS goes down to 45+ in heavy scenes. Not sure if overclocking my CPU would be of any use since it's not really taxed. I just hope future games make more use of 6 cores like the Cryengine 3 or are just dead heavy on the GPU as Bad Company 2.

Dear Svl7,

I have tried Vbios 819 bios and it works at 810 as max lock on my Alienware 17R3. But when I overlock it with Afterburner. There was no effect. The max is always 810.

I have tried all 850 versions but it throttles often.

So can you help to make one version at 819 by default and also overlockable by software?

Thanks in advance

What are your temps? I don't get any throttling with this vbios.

Regarding your GPU usage... what are your vsync settings?

My temps in BF3 never jump over 71°C, due to the under utilization I guess.

In Bad Company 2 (which runs at 95%+ all the time) I reached 77°C max after a long round of Valparaiso.

Don't get me wrong, the games don't throttle as far as I have tested, just 3dmark11 does.

I'm a vsync rejector, so I keep it off in every game except Skyrim which requires it for the engine to handle the physics. My FPS in BF3 jumps down from 70 to 50 in certain areas.

I have tried all 850 versions but it throttles often.

So can you help to make one version at 819 by default and also overlockable by software?

Yeah, true, should improve the Dell versions as well.

Don't get me wrong, the games don't throttle as far as I have tested, just 3dmark11 does.

Yeah, if you're above ca. 70°C in 3dM11 it will throttle, if you stay below it shouldn't with this vbios.

Regarding the load... not sure, but your fps seems to be alright. Did you overclock the memory?

So I tested the new UV clevo vbios with my x7200. Even though it still throttles at test 1, I get 6900 points in 3dmark11 on the new stock clocks (915/1800). So far I haven't had a single crash in any game and I think it runs pretty stable. In Bad Company 2 my GPU usage is constantly above 98% resulting in 90-110fps.

In BF3 my GPU usage still hovers between 60-90%... I think I am somehow bottlenecked by my i7 980, even though all 6 cores are only at ~55%-60% load. If I choose all ultra settings my GPU usage goes up to 95-99%, but of course my FPS goes down to 45+ in heavy scenes. Not sure if overclocking my CPU would be of any use since it's not really taxed. I just hope future games make more use of 6 cores like the Cryengine 3 or are just dead heavy on the GPU as Bad Company 2.

Sirana aren`t you using 680m singel in your x7200? If yes, why dont you juse the OV vbios version? They got no throttle function and you can overclock over 1 ghz with some of them.

Yes I'm using a single 680M in my x7200. I don't use the OV vbios because it's a MSI one and strangely enough they don't work properly for me (but it does for other clevo card users). If I use the MSI vbios my core and memory clocks get stuck upon restarting a game/3D application or after a few minutes of playing.

@svl7 thanks for your input, I didn't know it started throttling in 3dmark when it surpasses 70°C. Now I tried FN+1 which enables full fan mode, and this time on stock clocks (915/1800) I got 6835 points in 3dmark11. Max temp: 66°C. Keep in mind I have HyperThreading disabled which of course results in a lower CPU score.

Didn't think that your CPU actually gets a lower score than my 920xm... GPU score looks ok if I remember my scores of each test properly, though I got 2fps more in the first test with this vbios.

Hey !

I have an Alienware m17x R4 with a Dell gtx 680M gpu (2 GB)

I didn't test any of your vbios yet.

I can oveclock my core clock to 849 MHZ (+130) max without throttling (I'm running Medusa for the testing process).

I have never tried OV / UV and don't understand how it could enable me to overclock at higer values without throttling . . .

I have never tried OV / UV and don't understand how it could enable me to overclock at higer values without throttling . . .

Undervolt your cards will result in lower temps that allowes you to clock higher without throttling if your cards are stable.

I was trying the new VBIOS and I flashed it. Restarted my computer and this popped up: and I have no idea what to do. If you guys could help me that would be great. I'm flashed the VBIOS in Dos using a usb Dos key. I have flashed multiple times with no problems, then this popped up. So if I could have some help it would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah and my computer is a Sager NP9150 with a GTX680M in

post-6421-14494993853786_thumb.jpg

I was trying the new VBIOS and I flashed it. Restarted my computer and this popped up: and I have no idea what to do. If you guys could help me that would be great. I'm flashed the VBIOS in Dos using a usb Dos key. I have flashed multiple times with no problems, then this popped up. So if I could have some help it would be great! Thanks!

Oh yeah and my computer is a Sager NP9150 with a GTX680M in

I'm not that familiar with the Clevo systems, but it seems that the P1xxHM series doesn't like the latest Clevo vbios, doesn't matter whether stock or modified. Check some of the posts on the previous pages, this issue has been discussed a bit. It seems like the POST message of the Intel HD iGPU... Can you go any further? BIOS menu for example? You got a picture after all... so one of the GPU seems to work, Nvidia or Intel. Can you boot from USB and flash back your original vbios?

It won't let me do anything. Some of the function keys still work, like I can turn off the display, but other than that, nothing. I don't understand either, as it is an Optimus laptop, if I bricked my 680m or something, wouldn't it just run off the igpu? And does anyone know what this screen means?

• Brian featured this topic