NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Im getting better results with the new vbios however i am seeing throttling but not constant throttling, it goes fluctates every second from full power 3d to throttle an then goes back up to full 3d then back, very quickly @svl7 could you mod it so that the voltage is 1.037/1.012 and the default core is 900/2200 like the msi vbios thx :Dalso nice job on the clevo vbios

Edit: also it didn't fluctuate at the stock speeds , so it could be the unlocked portion that is messing it up

@Meaker : You are right ... it don't kill the card but windows decline to boot ... in fact it boot, but i think when windows load the driver the card become unstable and the display become crazy. So the only solution is to flash back to the backup on dos.

Im using default A03.

M18xR2

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Yeah, overclocking per software isn't supported by your BIOS, Dell needs to fix this.

Im getting better results with the new vbios however i am seeing throttling but not constant throttling, it goes fluctates every second from full power 3d to throttle an then goes back up to full 3d then back, very quickly @svl7 could you mod it so that the voltage is 1.037/1.012 and the default core is 900/2200 like the msi vbios thx :Dalso nice job on the clevo vbios

Edit: also it didn't fluctuate at the stock speeds , so it could be the unlocked portion that is messing it up

Well, you mean the Clevo vbios at 900? This won't work, I'm pretty sure, did a lot of mods with the Clevo and Dell vbios, and all have issues at higher clocks...

Yeah, overclocking per software isn't supported by your BIOS, Dell needs to fix this.

Well, you mean the Clevo vbios at 900? This won't work, I'm pretty sure, did a lot of mods with the Clevo and Dell vbios, and all have issues at higher clocks...

I will not impose, but could you do a couple of vbios with defferent clocks if is not a big problem?

Something like

low OC

mid OC

High OC

Extreme OC

Just for the meanwhile (I think it's going to take time to see the BIOS from Dell that fix this issue.)

In NBR one guy claims that he can overclock his M18X R2 SLI 680GTXM also he provided test and results. I don't understand how can be this possible.

Thank you for your time.

When using the OC OV in my dell 680, I get throttle without touching anything. Went back to the 850-889 vbios version. The best score without throttle was 859 and 1100 memory. Anything above shows throttling in 3dmark 11.

• Founder

Every brand of card will throttle except MSI/Clevo in single card configuration. The reason is that the single Clevo/MSI cards can utilize an ES leaked version of MSI's 680M bios that doesn't have the throttling built into the vbios. Unfortunately, this ES (FD) bios doesn't work for Dell cards nor does it work in SLI configuration for Clevo/MSI cards. So when Clevo/Dell are both in SLI configuration, both are at the mercy of throttling with the retail vbios releases.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder
Hey, which version OCed (not OV) is for the clevo p170em? I need the OCed version, but there are many versions dunno which one to pick. This is from a friend who wants to try it.

Here is also the noob tutorial on how to flash a vbios, there may be others like I was, searching for scattered info, so here it goes:

Please do not copy content directly from NBR and post it here....

• Thumbs Up 5

Every brand of card will throttle except MSI/Clevo in single card configuration. The reason is that the single Clevo/MSI cards can utilize an ES leaked version of MSI's 680M bios that doesn't have the throttling built into the vbios. Unfortunately, this ES (FD) bios doesn't work for Dell cards nor does it work in SLI configuration for Clevo/MSI cards. So when Clevo/Dell are both in SLI configuration, both are at the mercy of throttling with the retail vbios releases.

Any Idea where one can obtain the FD vBIOS?

Thanks

you can find the vbios at NBR or i can post a download link here if the moderator are Ok

Is it the one that Ken Lee from Gentech dumped or is it a different one.

I have tried Ken's vBIOS and its OK, its just that the core speed is 771MHz.

I am after a completely stock 680m(ES) FD vBIOS.

I believe the one from ken was a dump from a retail GT70 so its OEM not ES.

If you are allowed to link to the FD vBIOS, that would be awesome and thanks for your help.

Brett

@svl7 - would it be too much to ask if you could post in your vbioses post, the Dell 680m vbios with 950-989 boost? I've seen your work in a benchmarks thread on the other forum, and it's awesome, and it seems it cannot be aquired with sofware using the 850-898 vbios. Had the stock voltage, as I could see. Thanks!

• Brian featured this topic