NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

@svl7 It looks like the MSI vBios does cause an idling issue on the P150HM with the GTX 680M , Just tested it myself :(

Can you quickly explain to me what exactly you mean with this? I think I read it already somewhere, but I forgot.

Hello SVL7

Could it be possible to make an OV version of the clevo bios? Now there are two owner of P150HM (killerinstinct and me) who can give you some feedback ...

so feedback will be more accurate ...

Thank you

Yeah, will do so.

Hi there and thanks for a very informative forum.

I have this laptop Fujitsu nh532 with 640m LE, I tried overclocking with nvidia inspector but it is only giving me +135mhz, there is much more potential for this kepler card. Is this bios moddable? Here is the link.

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Showfiles.asp?OSOpenedTree=&IsOSSelected=YES&RHRead=&Windows%207-Childs=0&OSText=B3514DE7-EBF1-45C7-9D91-9C491FE892B7_Windows%207%20x64_True

Link doesnt seem to work, just write nh532 in search box and you will find bios files. Bios is called Nikita-V112a, I tried opening it with bios editor but didnt dare to do anything.

This computer is quite popular right now in scandinavia because of the recent sales. Any help appreciated.

After testing all of the different VBIOS versions for the GTX680m on my M17x R4, I suspect the throttling we see is a power issue, most likely due to the mxm board exceeding its power threshold. Reason why I suspect this is that I'v noticed much worse throttling with the 850 MHz OV VBIOS compared to the non-OV version at same settings otherwise. Interestingly, I've even noticed slight throttling at stock clocks in the first 3DM11 test - can anyone else confirm this?

I'm using the ov+oc vbios that svl7 made. It rocks. Svl7 your the man!!!!

I'm trying to download this one http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/4695d1344361304-dell-680m-850-base-889-boost-ov-oc.zip (I think it's what you said) but the web does not let me yet :/

(you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.)

Can I get my gpus flashed into windows?

I'm trying to download this one http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/4695d1344361304-dell-680m-850-base-889-boost-ov-oc.zip (I think it's what you said) but the web does not let me yet :/

(you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.)

Can I get my gpus flashed into windows?

Miguel I believe you ahve to be an "Elite Member" in order to download. Or you might also need to have a certain number of quality post before your eligible to download.

You can download this version - Downloads that svl7 has already provided. It doesnt have the Over Voltage but does allow you to OverClock.

EDIT: I forgot you asked about flashin in windows. The answer is yes. I just wrote a very quit down and dirty way to do that over at notebookeview http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m18x/632169-official-alienware-m18x-benchmark-thread-part-2-a-219.html#post8799629

You need to have the latest windows version of "nvflash" and know how to use command promt in windows

Hopefully that will help you out a little

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you quickly explain to me what exactly you mean with this? I think I read it already somewhere, but I forgot.

Yeah, will do so.

The gtx 680M on the p150hm with msi vbios doesn't go into full 3d clocks , it stays at low level 2d clocks 324 core but the memory does go up to 2200 also its not a psu issue since it happens on the stock voltage msi vbios l

Miguel I believe you ahve to be an "Elite Member" in order to download. Or you might also need to have a certain number of quality post before your eligible to download.

You can download this version - Downloads that svl7 has already provided. It doesnt have the Over Voltage but does allow you to OverClock.

EDIT: I forgot you asked about flashin in windows. The answer is yes. I just wrote a very quit down and dirty way to do that over at notebookeview *OFFICIAL* Alienware M18x Benchmark Thread - Part 2 - Page 219

You need to have the latest windows version of "nvflash" and know how to use command promt in windows

Hopefully that will help you out a little

Thank you very much! :) to you and all the others that helped me before ^^!

Could you attach a GPUZ log file when you run the benchmark? It's the best way of determining if anything went wrong.

Could you attach a GPUZ log file when you run the benchmark? It's the best way of determining if anything went wrong.

I will upload the logs tomorrow, I have two logs but I just came back from a wedding and I don't remember if those logs were from 3dmark or what, so tomorrow I will do it again.

Thank you

• Founder
Logs 3dmark vantage

3920 @ 4.2

680M SLI @ OC-OV vbios without software overclockNVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P37646 3DMarks

Logs:

[ATTACH]4874[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4875[/ATTACH]

Do you think it's throttling?

GPU-Z wont' really show it, try logging with MSI Afterburner. That clearly shows GPU core cycling.

3dmark vantage

3920XM @ 4.2

680SLI 850/2000

How can I overclock the core? I tried with msi afterburner but I just can get overcock on the memory.

Which are safe clocks? I mean for core & memory.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P38037 3DMarks

Log

HardwareMonitoring.txt

It is throttling??

Thank you.

Doesn't work so far per software, you need to flash the vbios... Overclocking per software seems to be blocked by the BIOS. At least that was the case with the M17x R4, it can only be overclocked per software since the last BIOS update, so I assume the same is true for the M18x R2.

Doesn't work so far per software, you need to flash the vbios... Overclocking per software seems to be blocked by the BIOS. At least that was the case with the M17x R4, it can only be overclocked per software since the last BIOS update, so I assume the same is true for the M18x R2.

I have A03 and nothing happens when I overclock the core but it does with the memory.

Which are safe clocks for the core/memory?

Yeah, I know. It doesn't seem to be implemented so far. The R4 can be overclocked since the last BIOS update, but the R2 cant...

Each card / memory is different when it comes to overclocking. You'll need to find clocks that are stable.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't seem to be implemented so far. The R4 can be overclocked since the last BIOS update, but the R2 cant...

Each card / memory is different when it comes to overclocking. You'll need to find clocks that are stable.

Thank you!

Talking about temps which temps are safe for this cards? I mean the range

Edit:

I also want to know when the gpu turns on the core boost that gpu-z shows, because I had never saw it working, the core always stay at 850 Mhz.

Thank you again for your patience and for my English. :)

• Brian featured this topic