NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Saltius made a mod @823mhz which works extremely well: (Some of us who have been in communication with him already have this file like myself, svl7, and widezu).

It is for the OEM Alienware m18x 680M cards:

Send me a PM if you would like to try it.

I am PMing you now at NBR since here I can't do it for now.

BTW, what is the deal with the 'boot' function? how faster is it supposed to make the stock clocks by default (in other words, what is the relative ratio core clocks vs boost clocks at any frequency)?

I'm interested in that vBIOS too, but I'm waiting for this problem to be solved through BIOS update (I mean the posibility of ocing the card with MSI afterburner).

Could you send me that vBIOS littleone562? I'm not able to find the PM button (I feel kind of stupid haha). (I'm [Nikos] @ notebookreview).

May someone be so kind of explaining the overclocking problem of Dell's 680M?

Thank you in advance :)

• Founder
I'm interested in that vBIOS too, but I'm waiting for this problem to be solved through BIOS update (I mean the posibility of ocing the card with MSI afterburner).

Could you send me that vBIOS littleone562? I'm not able to find the PM button (I feel kind of stupid haha). (I'm [Nikos] @ notebookreview).

Hej guys, I am new to those forums, and I was wondering why I dont have permision to download these files? I got a clevo gtx 680m incommign in a few days, so would love to use these bioses :D

Guys please remember we are not a hosting service, especially not for NBR members who only come here to grab the files.

@svl7 and others put in many hours from their personal time to create those mods and redistributing them on other forums isn't welcome.

----

Asylumized!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I am not planning to, I just would love to test it in my M17x r4, and see if it gives any trouble, the clevo gtx 680m, planning to make a guide how to install it. Cant wait for my card to arrive friday/saterday :D.

• Founder
Well, I am not planning to, I just would love to test it in my M17x r4, and see if it gives any trouble, the clevo gtx 680m, planning to make a guide how to install it. Cant wait for my card to arrive friday/saterday :D.

Cheers, nothing at all against you, just stating some facts.

Welcome to T|I btw ;)

My english is not the best, but I´ll try to explain. The 680m in an alienware m17x r4 is able to get oc with +135 Core (Bios locked) and some hundreds on RAM clocks. In real tests +100 Core (719 to 819 plus Turbo 858) on GPU and +200 (900 to 1100) on RAM is the highest setting to improve scores/fps. SV|7 opened the lock in bios und also relesaed some bios versions with higher voltages. But any further oc than 819/1100 doesn´t improve the scores. The bios semes to have another lock. Temperature are ok at oc with 63 degrees celsius.

Our gpu-bios-hero SV|7 is searching for an solution.

Stating some fact ... but you forgot that some of us discovered this site and this forum thanks to the advertisement of some NBR member's by posting links of the high quality techinferno review. nVidia GTX 680M Performance Review | Tech|Inferno

And yes we are all grateful about the works of Svl7 and the Techinferno team .

@walhalla : you must measure the real clock of your card with GPU-Z or other tool. The vbios could be unstable on certain laptop/Card. In my P150HM, the msi bioses has strange behaviour. Sometimes when i launch a 3d apps the card remain with idle clock of 324Mhz.

I´ve some tools for gpu monitoring (GPUZ, EVGA Precision, Aida64...). It is not an monitoring problem, it´s an vbios problem.

RAM gets higher from +400 to +500 but over+200 the scores/fps will be the same....

If GPU gets more than +100 (or a little more) it starts to throttle. It´s also not a problem with the temperature.

Cheers, nothing at all against you, just stating some facts.

Welcome to T|I btw ;)

Thank you, my guide should hopefully be up sunday, if the card arrives at saterday, planning to try some flashing later, and add it to the guide if people are interested.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
Stating some fact ... but you forgot that some of us discovered this site and this forum thanks to the advertisement of some NBR member's by posting links of the high quality techinferno review. nVidia GTX 680M Performance Review | Tech|Inferno

And yes we are all grateful about the works of Svl7 and the Techinferno team .

@walhalla : you must measure the real clock of your card with GPU-Z or other tool. The vbios could be unstable on certain laptop/Card. In my P150HM, the msi bioses has strange behaviour. Sometimes when i launch a 3d apps the card remain with idle clock of 324Mhz.

We have nothing against NBR, anyone from there is welcome here. It is just common sense (and courtesy) for those that have questions about @svl7 work to ask about it here rather than grab a file and post elsewhere. It helps by letting svl7 receive feedback directly rather than having to go search it out on other forums and thus he can improve the vbios with each update. That is one of the reasons we mandated a change to the post rule.

Thanks for the GTX 680M review feedback, it was a lot of fun to write. :) I'll be following up in a few weeks with a 680M SLI vs 7970M Xfire article hopefully (once Michael receives his 7970Ms).

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi again ... like you know if you follow my thread, i successfully installed a GTX680M in a clevo P150HM (sager 8150 for US customers).

I tried saltius vbios ... and vbioses based on msi board. But i have some strange behavior, all of them, randomly don't allow 3d clock. Even the non-OV version (MSI OC edition).

So the original clevo bios work well, and the card is rock stable at 853/2400 ...

But the OC is locked at +135Mhz ...

Could you, please, made some modded bioses with the original clevo vbios like you did with msi and dell vbioses (OCedition ...)?

Here is the original clevo vbios: https://hotfile.com/dl/165845735/dc4564e/Clevogtx680.zip.html

And a Gpu-z screenshot like you requested :

post-4787-14494993477166_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot ... I hope you will positively respond to my request

All the best

Hi again ... like you know if you follow my thread, i successfully installed a GTX680M in a clevo P150HM (sager 8150 for US customers).

I tried saltius vbios ... and vbioses based on msi board. But i have some strange behavior, all of them, randomly don't allow 3d clock. Even the non-OV version (MSI OC edition).

So the original clevo bios work well, and the card is rock stable at 853/2400 ...

But the OC is locked at +135Mhz ...

Could you, please, made some modded bioses with the original clevo vbios like you did with msi and dell vbioses (OCedition ...)?

Here is the original clevo vbios: https://hotfile.com/dl/165845735/dc4564e/Clevogtx680.zip.html

And a Gpu-z screenshot like you requested :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4683[/ATTACH]

Thanks a lot ... I hope you will positively respond to my request

All the best

Did you try 302.72/77 drivers? They seem to work best with the 680M so far.

My english is not the best, but I´ll try to explain. The 680m in an alienware m17x r4 is able to get oc with +135 Core (Bios locked) and some hundreds on RAM clocks. In real tests +100 Core (719 to 819 plus Turbo 858) on GPU and +200 (900 to 1100) on RAM is the highest setting to improve scores/fps. SV|7 opened the lock in bios und also relesaed some bios versions with higher voltages. But any further oc than 819/1100 doesn´t improve the scores. The bios semes to have another lock. Temperature are ok at oc with 63 degrees celsius.

Our gpu-bios-hero SV|7 is searching for an solution.

Thank you very much for making it easy to understand, but it came to me another question, as you refered just to m17xr4 been able to achieve 819/1100, that means m18xr2's 680 graphic are not able to achieve those clocks?

I mean just for now the m18xr2 couldn't be overclocked? (just talking about gpus).

If I'm wrong, 819/1100 are safe clocks to play around? For 24/7?

#106 I do understand that the effort that members of this forum are making to release their vbios to us, and I'm not planing to export their jobs to other forums. We can ask him if he want to, but I'm not doing it without their permision.

As other folk said, we discovered this forum through NBR and I'm so glad of that.

I read on NBR that svl7 need more feedback of dell's users so if I could help I will.

Have a nice day ppl

PS: Excuse my English ^^! xD

Well, never had I thought saving my Asus g55vw's vbios would be this hard.

I tried several drivers, but neither GPU-Z nor nvflash managed to read it.

So, I went with the mother of all solutions, linux. I've attached the .rom and, if that is wrong, there's a text file as well.

ASUS G55vw VBIOS: vbios.rom.zip

Sorry, I somehow assumed you had a G75vw... the G55 has the GPU soldered to the mobo as far as I know, so you can't dump the vbios with the usual tools.

Let me take a look at the BIOS. The screenshot you posted earlier is from your machine, right?

• Brian featured this topic