NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

2 minutes ago, jafar said:

I've tried your suggestion above correctly but the results are same. 

could it be hardware issue?

I think the Boimetric and Sensor have problem too, even I've installed the driver correctly.

vOjPzxN.png

On 5/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, Klem said:

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Search in Google and download DDU utility. Run it and completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers (in Safe Mode). Reboot laptop.

3. Download and install new Nvidia drivers with enabled option "Clean Install".

Then run any 3D load in window mode, and in same time run Nvidia Inspector utility, and check if you core and memory clock will increase.

I've done several times with DDU and new clean install Nvidia drivers, reinstall windows 10, and then now I'm in windows 7 it still doesn't work. But there is little difference, in Win7 NVCP comes up with 4 options and have more power option while there are only 3D setting and Balanced power option in Win 10.
I've also tried to create a profile with Nvidia PowerMizer in both OS  set to max performance, it should be set the P-state to (P0) isn't it? but Nvidia Inspector keeps showing P8 state with stuck 0% load and FPS still low. When I reset the profile, Nvidia Inspector back to normal.

Conclusion
Everything I do, the GPU profile always set to idle (P8) and I can't force the profile to P0 state which is for high performance.

i75pZyR.png

• Bios Modder
On 5/14/2020 at 1:01 AM, jafar said:

Klem, do you have original K3000M bios?

This is a link where you can download some stock vbios for K3000M:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&manufacturer=&model=Quadro+K3000M&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

On 5/13/2020 at 4:53 PM, jafar said:

could it be hardware issue?

Yes, I think in your case it's hardware problem.

19 minutes ago, Klem said:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&manufacturer=&model=Quadro+K3000M&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

Thank you.

Please let me know when I get promoted because I would like to try the mod version too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, a few years ago I bought an Alienware 17 r2 with an Intel i7 4710mq processor and an Nvidia 860m (kepler) graphics card

When the PC started up I got the message "mod by svl7 Tech | Inferno version 00 04 f8 00 1C

I specify that I bought it like that

I imagine that it is thanks to this vbios mod that I can play GTA online almost in optimal quality.

Subsequently I bought the same Alienware to my son but he does not have vbios mod so he does not play GTA (or other games) with the same performances.

My question is, what are the conditions to be fulfilled to access a mod vbios? if i have to answer some questions, read the charter, donate to the author, use an eeprom reader? or else can have flash via DOS? thank you to everyone who will answer me.

28 minutes ago, MachOne said:

Hello everyone, a few years ago I bought an Alienware 17 r2 with an Intel i7 4710mq processor and an Nvidia 860m (kepler) graphics card

When the PC started up I got the message "mod by svl7 Tech | Inferno version 00 04 f8 00 1C

I specify that I bought it like that

I imagine that it is thanks to this vbios mod that I can play GTA online almost in optimal quality.

Subsequently I bought the same Alienware to my son but he does not have vbios mod so he does not play GTA (or other games) with the same performances.

My question is, what are the conditions to be fulfilled to access a mod vbios? if i have to answer some questions, read the charter, donate to the author, use an eeprom reader? or else can have flash via DOS? thank you to everyone who will answer me.

Hi

You can try to export the modded bios from your previous Alienware using GPU-Z then flash it on your son's Alienware with NVFlash

1 hour ago, jafar said:

Hi

You can try to export the modded bios from your previous Alienware using GPU-Z then flash it on your son's Alienware with NVFlash

Thank you for this answer, actually I just saved this vbios via GPU-Z, good I hesitate to flash, that brings me this VBIOS concretely because I never cared about a possible overclock on my machine,

however I have noticed a difference in performance between my machine and that of my son so my question is, does a vbios already unlock this graphics card? which will explain these differences, thank you for all these answers in any case, this forum is great for your responsiveness.

I will not go blind, I would like to have your confirmation for a flash without risk, thank you

12 hours ago, MachOne said:

Thank you for this answer, actually I just saved this vbios via GPU-Z, good I hesitate to flash, that brings me this VBIOS concretely because I never cared about a possible overclock on my machine,

however I have noticed a difference in performance between my machine and that of my son so my question is, does a vbios already unlock this graphics card? which will explain these differences, thank you for all these answers in any case, this forum is great for your responsiveness.

I will not go blind, I would like to have your confirmation for a flash without risk, thank you

I think the modded vbios here have increased the base clock speed slightly for stability and better performance. That's why you notice a difference gaming performance in between your Alienware.

It could be possible to overclock, just check it using NvidiaInspector or MSI Afterburner to see how many MHz that you can increase.

So if you have decided to flash it, don't forget to save the original vbios from your son's Alienware. There's always a risk by doing this. Do not reboot if you failed to flash the modded vbios, just flash it again until success or flash it with original vbios.

Good luck

Edited by jafar

On 5/15/2020 at 10:34 PM, Klem said:

Hi Klem

I just wanna say thank you to you and to whom made this K3000M modded vbios. I've just realised that I got promoted then I try this modded vbios and it works perfectly.

Screenshots

Before

MDXIvA0.png Hlj72wR.png

After

sffqid1.png UXrZyAa.png

9 hours ago, jafar said:

Je pense que les vbios modded ici ont légèrement augmenté la vitesse d'horloge de base pour la stabilité et de meilleures performances. C'est pourquoi vous remarquez une différence de performances de jeu entre votre Alienware.

Il peut être possible d'overclocker, il suffit de le vérifier en utilisant NvidiaInspector ou MSI Afterburner pour voir combien de MHz vous pouvez augmenter.

Donc, si vous avez décidé de le flasher, n'oubliez pas de sauvegarder les vbios d'origine de l'Alienware de votre fils. Il y a toujours un risque à le faire. Ne redémarrez pas si vous n'avez pas réussi à flasher les vbios modifiés, il vous suffit de le flasher à nouveau jusqu'au succès ou de le flasher avec les vbios d'origine.

Bonne chance

Thanks for your answer 

Mine

https://ibb.co/kXr4Lz8

my son

https://ibb.co/rZkk1kV

Edit:

ok so don't work 

https://prnt.sc/srlvxe

Edited by MachOne

15 hours ago, MachOne said:

Thanks for your answer 

Mine

https://ibb.co/kXr4Lz8

my son

https://ibb.co/rZkk1kV

Edit:

ok so don't work 

https://prnt.sc/srlvxe

There's a difference on Bus Interface but I don't understand this. Your GPU showing x16 1.1 instead of 3.0 not like your son's GPU.

If they are completely the same laptop, try to equalize the laptop driver to the latest version for PCIe driver, GPU, Bios, etc. Then flash it again.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, airlink84 said:

Hi I have a clevo 680m sli, I really would like to try this bios but as I am pretty new around here I cannot download it. Any help please? 

Thanks

Hi!

Read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new here and have a Dell M6700 with a K5000m.  I was curious if anyone with this build and the vbios here see a significant gaming improvement.  I am still waiting for the week to pass by in order to download and try it, but I have never done this with a video card as well as I don't truly understand the mechanics of it.  I just want to shift the product to perform more like a GTX (as my online research suggests).  I'm trying to run RDR2, specifically, but just want to know if others with the same unit and card experience any game play boost (fps, shaders maybe, I don't really know what makes it function better) from mostly newer games at a medium setting.

Thanks,

Torpek

@Torpek

yes, you will not be disappointed with the ~50% increase in graphics performance from using the vbios provided here...  I had to reduce the clocks to slightly under 1000mhz for stability... not sure about longevity though but i'm not fussed because the stock performance would render the unit obsolete anyway.

good luck!

Edited by qtee

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note that's semi-related that I may have missed when signing up:  Is it necessary to reach a certain number of posts to be promoted, or is it just time related?  I'm extremely excited to try out the vbios for my K5000m.

Thanks,

Torpek

• 3 weeks later...

I need unlocked vbios for k2100m on a hp zbook 15 g2  . its capable of going past 135 for sure  and i keep searching.  And gpu-z tells me bios does not support reading. i can change the core voltage on afterburner but thats not gonna cut it.

thank you for your time

Edited by arp311