NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

If not, does anyone have any success in reducing tearing and 2D acceleration issues using these chips, particularly in SLI mode on linux? I have used these boards for years in many operating systems and these performance issues are the only reason my favorite OS is not powering my P370EM3 full time.

Thanks

-TCH

• 3 weeks later...

gtx 970m 6gb vbios where can I find it. How to set up?

Mb Series : Clevo p15SM-A I have a master card.
Bios version: 1.03.11pm v2
KBC / EC Firmware revision: 1.03.08
vga card : Nv geforce GTX 970M 6GB
VBİOS Revision : 84.04.22.00.f1
Vbios build date: 08/12/15
First I apologize for the bad English. My problem was in the
nvidia gtx 970m 6gb driver card 2015. I've updated to a newer
driver, code 43 gives error. There's no way I haven't tried.
I think the version of Bios is in the 2015 video card version
because it is prema mod. I could not return to the original bios.
Bios says it's not compatible.
I downloaded the original bios from this site
https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirro...r&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=DonanimHaber
P15xSM-A / P17xSM-A Series
But it says incompatible? I have the letter x from p after 15 p15sm-a on my main board.
I wonder where I can find a compatible bios. Can you help me?

video card remained in 2015 version. Not updated to 2018 version?

gtx970m 6gb.jpg

20181207_000447aüaüaü.jpg

47684840_10156804715244932_3233705195263229952_n.jpg

47571873_10156804715234932_1082686153523462144_n.jpg

Edited by kirizalid

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 8:02 PM, Vipriel said:

@Klem, could you please send me your latest Clevo 6GB 870M vBIOS please? I have scoured the forums and the only thing I can find is on page 3 of the thread titled "Gtx 870m overclocking.." where you stated "Erik9519, This is for you." On that particular thread, you state that your vBIOS mods are on page #8 but page #8 doesn't exist! (it only goes up to page 6). I have spent 2+ hours looking on your profile, other threads and the downloads section of techinferno but couldn't find a single Clevo 6GB 870M vBIOS file other than the one I mentioned above.

I used to have a Prema vBIOS some time in the past but I can't find it now and Prema's site appears to have disappeared some years ago (anyone know what happened to it btw?)

Current details of my card with GPU-Z: 

BIOS: 80.04.FA.01.07 

Device ID: 10DE 1199 - 1558 7481 

@Vipriel as I have seen you the same GfK as me. For me, my vbios got lost after a blue screen. Now I'm looking for 2 days on the net, but have found nothing, :( I would be very grateful if they could send me the vbios rom.

sorry because of the bad english, unfortunately only translator

Board id: E137
BIOS: 80.04.FA.01.07 ?
Device ID: 10EN 1199 - 1558 7481

graf.JPG

Edited by Flaschbaba
supplement

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Flaschbaba said:

@Vipriel as I have seen you the same GfK as me. For me, my vbios got lost after a blue screen. Now I'm looking for 2 days on the net, but have found nothing, :( I would be very grateful if they could send me the vbios rom.

sorry because of the bad english, unfortunately only translator

Board id: E137
BIOS: 80.04.FA.01.07 ?
Device ID: 10EN 1199 - 1558 7481

graf.JPG

Hi!

You can download vbios 80.04.FA.01.07 from this link:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/179377/179377

But i think that in your case you need just reinstall Nvidia drivers with enabled option "Clean Install". Or use DDU utility, completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers, then install it again.

28 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

You can download vbios 80.04.FA.01.07 from this link:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/179377/179377

But i think that in your case you need just reinstall Nvidia drivers with enabled option "Clean Install". Or use DDU utility, completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers, then install it again.

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Now that I have done with the DDU utility deinstallation and have done a reboot he shows me that ..... I have nothing further installed. Why does not he show Ram? And why is another revision (A2) now (FF) ?? 

graf neu.JPG

• Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, Flaschbaba said:

And why is another revision (A2) now (FF) ?? 

Because FF it's wrong value, A2 it's correct version.

38 minutes ago, Flaschbaba said:

Why does not he show Ram?

Only two variants:

1. Vbios for some reason corrupted. You need reflash it.

2. Your Nvidia card died.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

now I've looked for the Vbios and it came out this

Teilen 2.jpg

5 hours ago, Klem said:

For your card you need this vbios:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/164186/164186

I thank you for your help. Unfortunately it does not work. As it seems, there is still more missing for example the infoRom. If anyone has a complete bios, I would be something of Happy. 

Thanks for the vbios files. I can finally get my laptop temps under control!

EDIT:

Looks like I can't use the bios files here. I have an ASUS G750jz with an 880M GTX (4GB version). The bios file is attached if anyone can unlock it.

ASUS_GTX880M_80.04.EF.00.14.rom

Edited by Tojiro
Add bios file and info

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Tojiro said:

Thanks for the vbios files. I can finally get my laptop temps under control!

EDIT:

Looks like I can't use the bios files here. I have an ASUS G750jz with an 880M GTX (4GB version). The bios file is attached if anyone can unlock it.

ASUS_GTX880M_80.04.EF.00.14.rom

Hi!

This is for you.

ASUS_GTX880MOD.rom

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Everyone,

I think I need some assistance, please :). I've been digging through this thread and other resources for 2 days now. I have 8770w HP laptop with K4000M installed and I want to overclock beyond the limitations of the current VBIOS. From what I've read in these machines the FW is actually stored in system board ROM as well? I haven't yet flashed the card as I don't have access to download the available files yet. Still, I decided to try and make my own file using KeplerBiosTweaker. I've made backup of the original ROM with Nvflash. Opened it and changed few things - TDP base clock and boost table max value - I made them exactly the same. Saved the file and decided to use the --compare command - there few mismatches found:

NVIDIA Firmware Comparison
        Firmware
                Legacy BIOS ................................ Mismatch
                UEFI ....................................... Pass
                Firmware Certificate ....................... Mismatch
                InfoROM .................................... Mismatch
                Unallocated Space .......................... Mismatch

If I do the same with the backup.rom - untouched - only the last 2 entries mismatch. Unallocated space is fine I think since we are not taking the complete size of the EEPROM in the card. Having the mismatch errors I decided to do some more research and ask someone if it is safe to proceed.

The discrepancy that I found is that NVIDIA Inspector reports strange BIOS version  80.04.33.00.37 where GPUz and the flash utility shows 80.04.60.00.33. I'm assuming the fist program is not operating properly as I found only 2 results when I search with it.

So in essence I here are my questions:

- Is it safe to flash with "my" rom with the 2 changes bumping the core clock given the above mentioned mismatches? Will that solve my issue and remove the limitation or perhaps a change somewhere else needs to be done?

- If the answer to the above is "yes" - can someone point me to a resource that gives more info? Maybe I need to use HEX editor and do the change manually? I don't have modified file to find the differences by doing comparison.
- Can someone assist and maybe modify the rom file for me? Maybe having only the boost table MAX value changed should suffice? I think it is better to have stock frequencies in the rom and overclock via software rather to hardcode them?
- Last question - probably until I flash we wouldn't know if VBIOS change of the card will resolve the issue or I wil lhave to modify and flash mainboard's bios? 

And if someone read through this - thank you :  )

Annotation 2018-12-27 150313.jpg

Ok I had the courage to flash with my file - all went well with the process. Ignored the mismatches which are to be expected. Drivers were removed in advance with DDU. Installed latest ones and all works without issues however no change in the clock speeds :/ Can't go past +135 on core. I set TDP default to 800; changed this in the slider for max table value as well - still the same - Boost clock stays at 600. I can increase to 735 and that's it. Any ideas?

Ok I found some free time and continued the investigation. It looks like that the entry for the VBIOS version that applications are taking is in the registry, however I can't determine from where the value is taken.  I've made a screenshot showcasing that in registry, DDU and NVIDIA Inspector we have VBIOS ID 80.04.33.00.37 which is not the correct one. I tried to manually edit this for testing purposes - it doesn't matter - this is cached somewhere and programs are not reflecting my change. After a reboot the value is switched back. I have tried to download the 8770w BIOS itself F70 and tried to find inside with HEX editor if we will have the GPU BIOS integrated/as someone suggested in this thread/ - I can;t find any entries for NVIDIA or any vbios ID. Also I don't think it makes a lot of sense - these machines were sold with ~10 different cards and that would mean that the bios will have to contain all of them -> extremely inefficient ~2 megs of rom space!

The true hardware VBIOS ID is 80.04.60.00.33 - I verified this from NVflash tool, also checked the rom files with the HEX editor and the value is matching. I'm missing something here. Are the drivers somehow forcing the OS to think the ID is different and using cached version of the vbios? I tried several restarts, laptop BIOS defaults and whatnot. I really suspect that the drivers are screwing the things up.

@Klem I see that you helped a lot of people here - are you able to assist me or point me in the right direction? If I become eligible to download the archive with the files - I see there is one rom for K4000m  80.04.33.00.34 do you think it would be safe to flash? Maybe I could edit the version to match my hardware using the HEX editor, or perhaps this will throw an error as there might be chcksum somewhere? 

I'm out of ideas for the moment and I see there is lots of potential for this card.

image.thumb.png.31c3b5c008d717e1990edf1b5cdc742b.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have Acer V3-772G with GTX 760M and custom cooling (basically second cooling loop with a fan adapted from other laptop) and tried messing up with gpu bios in Kepler bios tweaker but after flashing modded bios it seems to have no effect on clock speeds or voltages. I assume changes of these parameters are hardlocked into laptops bios. Could anyone help me with unlocking full gpu control in mb bios?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if the 880m Dell vbios will still work with Alienwares latest A14 Bios update? If the Bios version does not matter would I be able to get it somehow as I am still unable to download for some reason. Thanks in advance

Edited by wizzowazzup
more information

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to know what value to I need to push to have more voltage on my K4000M (DELL) ?

f7001ff0fbbac992a11a7ef01fa5a3721c833f14

Here a screenshot of the bios, so to increase the voltage of the core in full load I need to push the "CLK 30" right ?

Here is a link of the bios that I already flash and I could push my K4000M to 980MHz/2100MHz but I want more since I'm at 65°c on full load :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j3d2go94ezwg316/K4000MOC.rom/file

I don't want you to mod the bios but to indicate me what voltage should be push in order to increase the full load voltage :)

edit : and also if I'm right, the only thing to do to "unlock overclocking" is to change the value of the "Min GPC" in the second "P00 profile" on the boost states tab ? 

Edited by TheQuentincc