NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi there i'm new to this forum but am desperately trying to fix my Nvidia GTX 765M 2gb card which i bought on eBay brand new from Hong Kong it allowed me to power up and display bios etc but as soon as windows tried to start started flashing various solid colours i was able to get it into safe mode an did complete uninstall using guru 3d's nvidia uninstaller but same issue when going to load windows again so i flashed the v bios with a dell one for that card from tech power up now i just get 1 long beep and 2 short! i managed to use my failing card in the master slot to let me refresh it with various other vbios versions for that card but still the same any help please? or should i return the card?

many thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I did overclock to my gtx 770m with a mod bios OC edition and I got this performance but I have a question.

Does anyone overclock a gtx 770m with more voltage and more frecuency and be stable? anyone can tell me if I can do more overclock to my gtx ?

Thanks a lot

Overclock gtx 770m Modbios.jpg

Hi to all,

I just flashed the "HP K3000m - 80.04.33.00.2E - 'OC edition' on my HP 8770W, all gone right, but the +135mhz OC limit still's here :poke:

Tried to edit original BIOS, tried the other release "Nvidia K3000m - 80.04.3A.00.07_'OCedition'_rev00" but base clock kept 654mhz and OC not more than +135mhz :question:

what's wrong with my K3000m???

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, FreddyGoal said:

Hi to all,

I just flashed the "HP K3000m - 80.04.33.00.2E - 'OC edition' on my HP 8770W, all gone right, but the +135mhz OC limit still's here :poke:

Tried to edit original BIOS, tried the other release "Nvidia K3000m - 80.04.3A.00.07_'OCedition'_rev00" but base clock kept 654mhz and OC not more than +135mhz :question:

what's wrong with my K3000m???

Hi!

Just try to compare vbios version in your laptop in Nvidia Inspector window and vbios version which you tryed to flash, before flashing and then after flashing. You will see that version doesn't change, even after flashing. It happen because in your laptop placed two different vbioses. Real vbios it is a part of main system bios, and therefore  it can't be read or flash with Nvflash utility. Also, your system bios is strong protected from write any modified bios.
So, in your case only hardware SPI programmer can help.

Thanks for your fast reply! I saw another old topic where a guy succesfull flash his K3000m on a 8770w, I tryed as him to reinstall various drivers but still haven't results... can the newest nvflash be the problem? (because it run on Win10 cmd instead of DOS)

It is that what you meant? In the meanwhile I flashed from DOS with an older nvflash, upgraded notebook BIOS... I don't want to give up, this K3000m is really underclocked respect it's potential, at least i'll probably use an hardware SPI programmer...

overclock.thumb.jpg.6afddba31c6747800b7e51b1601ebd15.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to the forum.
I was looking for an answer to the 135MHz blocking problem. about half a year.
I see that I was able to find a solution through my friend Klem who can modify the rom file.
Is not it a big problem for you to modify my rom?
I have an old EliteBook 8570w with k2100m.
Below is the rom file and screenshot from Nvidia inspector.
If rom works please ask for bank account number or paypal to give you a small subsidy :)

screen1.png

backup.rom

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, XTeK said:

Hello, I am new to the forum.
I was looking for an answer to the 135MHz blocking problem. about half a year.
I see that I was able to find a solution through my friend Klem who can modify the rom file.
Is not it a big problem for you to modify my rom?
I have an old EliteBook 8570w with k2100m.
Below is the rom file and screenshot from Nvidia inspector.
If rom works please ask for bank account number or paypal to give you a small subsidy :)

screen1.png

backup.rom

Hi!

Why you use MSI vbios, for your HP laptop?

When I bought the card it was this bios and I did not change it because everything worked as it should be. :)
It is possible that the previous owner has modified something or the computer's bios are modified.
Although about a year ago, from what I recall, I updated.

ps. I have a small problem with the record.

Zrzut ekranu (7).png

Edited by XTeK

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, XTeK said:

I apologize for the message under the message.
I wanted to give you a small beer but the link unfortunately does not open in my browser.

I sent you another link. Check PM.

I do not know how to save this vbios.
Previously, when I was editing there were no problems with writing.
Although I did it a long time ago but I have nvflash under dos and there were no dilemmas.

• Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, XTeK said:

I do not know how to save this vbios.
Previously, when I was editing there were no problems with writing.
Although I did it a long time ago but I have nvflash under dos and there were no dilemmas.

I sent you vbios for HP. Check PM.

I remember a long time ago and I had a version of nvflash for dos which had no problem with this ID.

"Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: Quadro K2100M        (10DE,11FC,103C,176B) H:--:NRM  S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (103C.197B)
  does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (103C.176B).

Please press 'y' to confirm override of PCI Subsystem ID's:

NOTE: Exception caught.
Nothing changed!

ERROR: Update aborted"

It's strange because what I gave previously was the rom of my card.

• Bios Modder
44 minutes ago, XTeK said:

I remember a long time ago and I had a version of nvflash for dos which had no problem with this ID.

"Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: Quadro K2100M        (10DE,11FC,103C,176B) H:--:NRM  S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (103C.197B)
  does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (103C.176B).

Please press 'y' to confirm override of PCI Subsystem ID's:

NOTE: Exception caught.
Nothing changed!

ERROR: Update aborted"

It's strange because what I gave previously was the rom of my card.

Yes, just try to use another Nvflash versions.

Hi,
I have read that I can't unlock and flash HP 8770w Nvidia Quadro K4000m vbios, because there is also a vbios stored in the HP BIOS. 

Also tried to read, modify and reflash the vbios -> no success.

Could HEX editing all the 601 mhz values(the default clock for the K400m) to like 800 in the HP BIOS result the card to run on higher frequency?

I have successfully found the hex values to search and edit by comparing the original and the modified vbios. I have the HP BIOS + flasher. 

In the vbios the hex value stored in 7 places while in the HP BIOS I found more than that. Is it even a good approach or I'm just going to brick my MB?

Hi, thank you very much for providing these.

Can you tell me if using these modified vBIOS I would be able to undervolt my Clevo GTX 680m SLI?

I'm having some unstabilities when under maximum load and wanted to try undervolting to see if it was a problem with power since temps are at a reasonable 85C.

Thanks in advance

I found a way to write vbios on my card.
It is best to perform a usb drive or memory card as a boot disk.
Record on it NVflash for dos version 5.163.
And upload from the dos this  vbios with commands:

nvflash --protectoff
nvflash --overridesub new.rom
nvflash --protecton

The K2100 works perfectly at 8570w and you can manipulate frequencies.
Thanks again Klem;)

ww.png

ss.png

Edited by XTeK

Hey everybody, I want to undervolt my Clevo GTX 680m to reduce heat and power usage and maybe get a few more FPS due to temps.

By what I've read Kepler cards don't support voltage/frequency curves so I should use voltage offsets. Is that so or should I be able to use the curves?

Also, when I try to apply the negative voltage offset on MSI Afterburner it resets back to 0 and nothing happens, and using NVidia Inspector the voltage section is grayed out so no go there as well.

Do I need a modded VBIOS to be able to change voltage?

Thanks in advance

Pablo

Inspector.png

Edited by Ludecan

• 2 weeks later...
Le 07/04/2017 à 13h44, Klem a déclaré:

donc si j ai bien compris il me faut cinq message pour pouvoir  profiter

je ne comprend pas pouquoi ca pouce a faire cinq message pour rien

Le 07/04/2017 à 13h44, Klem a déclaré:

aller encore deux

plus qu un 

On 07/04/2017 at 1:44 PM, Klem said: