NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, tyriel said:

I found the bios to k2100m I uploaded it to my card and the card works with it now I have a great request Klem, could you  remove the 135mhz lock on the core and unlock the voltage, etc. Thanks a lot. Bios in the attachment

1.rom

Done. Try.

Edited by Klem

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Done. Try.

2.rom

Everything Ok, core unlocked but as soon as I launch 3d applications no matter if OC card or not the laptop hangs and only restart helps :( back to stock
Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

• Bios Modder
29 minutes ago, tyriel said:

Everything Ok, core unlocked but as soon as I launch 3d applications no matter if OC card or not the laptop hangs and only restart helps :( back to stock
Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

Ok. Try this.

2.rom

WOW I do not know what you did but first it works like charm and secondly nothing changes I have higher GPU performance after flash this bios

Before: http: //www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12215343

After http: //www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12216441

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2012 at 0:38 AM, jhmonroy said:

Hi svl7, I have just installed a Clevo 680m 4Gb in an Alienware M17xR3, and it works really great (http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m18x/1860-incoming-clevo-680m-4gb-aw-m18x-r1-3.html#post23778).

I am puzzled that the vendor ID is 1028 (Dell), instead of 1558 (Clevo), Do you think it will be possible to flash it with the Dell Bios (I know Dell cards only have 2Gb, but I think the nvidia bios just check whatever memory you have)?, the idea of flashing it with dell bios it is to recover the 3Dvision in case Dell chooses to support it, or if in the future I buy a M17R4 motherboard.

Thank you very much in advance for your time. Julian

On 28/07/2012 at 0:10 AM, jhmonroy said:

Hi svl7, this is the (I think) Clevo 4GB 680m vBios, that says its vendor is dell (1028) when installed in an Alienware m17xR3

680m CLEVO 4GB-vendor 1028.zip

On 28/07/2012 at 0:27 AM, svl7 said:

That's the vbios which can be found on Clevo cards, and the subvendor ID is actually Nvidia. GPU-Z reads Dell?

On 28/07/2012 at 3:28 AM, jhmonroy said:

Svl7, not only Gpuz reads Dell, but it is in the information it passes to the sistem id; when I edited the drivers for making it work, I had to change 1558 (clevo) to Dell (1028), very strange indeed ...

On 28/07/2012 at 4:43 PM, svl7 said:

Yeah, no idea why it reads Dell as subvendor, it's not there in the vbios. I guess it's getting this information somewhere else, maybe from the sbios, no idea, kinda weird.

Yes, it's exactly this vbios (well, except for the subvendor ID... but apparently there's something weird going on with that anyway.)

Sorry I'm quoting an old message, but has anyone had this anomaly crop up again with their Clevo 680m 4GB? Did they/you go ahead regardless?

My Clevo 680m is reporting a subsystem ID of 1028 02A2 to device manager and GPU-Z, despite the running bios on this card when using nvflash -version reporting the subsystem ID is 10DE-0964. So strange.

Literally, nvflash will report to me that the subsystem ID does not match during a flash attempt, claiming that my current subsystem ID reports as: 10DE,11A0,1028,02A2 and that the svl7 bios is: 10DE,11A0,10DE,0964.

Yet if I create a backup of my current and stock vbios via nvflash (the same vbios reporting as 10DE 11A0 - 1028 02A2 to GPU-Z and Windows), and then attempt to flash that, it'll prompt there is a subsystem ID mismatch and again that the bios I am currently running reports as: 10DE,11A0,1028,02A2 and the one I am attempting to flash reports as: 10DE,11A0,10DE,0964.

Incredibly odd, and makes me reluctant to go ahead in fear of a brick. Just trying to see if anyone has seen this issue again recently. Where is the system getting that subsystem ID from, as it doesn't look like it's from the vbios itself.

Alienware  m15x (BIOS A09)

Stickman89

Screenshot.png

Edited by stickman89

Hello, my name is Slava and I'm from Russia. This text is written through Google translator !!

This situation is laptop clevo p370me (eurocom) and it's got gtx 680m SLI! What vbois can I put (except for the drain, what would it be to overclock the card and work for SLI ??

Thank you for attention

Gtx 680m 4gb clevo

Edited by BAKED

Simply with the vbois modified firmware, I stop seeing SLI, in the control panel of nvidia.in the program gpu-z of the card both see and they are the same! Before erasing vbios deleted via DDU + CCLEANER, and after betting vbios, and still can not see! Help that would work sli, with stitched vbios?:baby:

4045c2e27e1ad0acce7bbb2ac6ffed5b.jpg

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, ahimenid said:

Hello

Dell k4000m == Nvidia k4000m?

Yes, these are the same cards. Only different manufacturers and different vbios.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, I flashed my GTX 870M with the modded vBIOS. The driver can be installed with modded INF and driver enforcement disabled.

However I did come into an odd issue:

1. Games on the internal screen will always use the onboard Intel graphics even though I set it to NVIDIA high performance in NVIDIA control panel. External monitor runs fine though.

2. If I plug in the external monitor and turn on the laptop, then the internal screen will be ignored completely and only the external recognized. If I want to use both screens, then I have to unplug the HDMI cable on start up, wait for the internal screen to turn on with the boot logo first. Only then can both screens be seen and used.

Did anyone come to similar issues and found a fix?

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, long2905 said:

Did anyone come to similar issues and found a fix?

Hi!

1. What the model laptop?

2. What the mod vbios you flashed?

3. Try flash your stock vbios, then check if you get the same issues with stock vbios?

• Thumbs Up 1

1. What the model laptop? MSI GT60 2PC

2. What the mod vbios you flashed? GTX 870M OC edition by svl7

3. Try flash your stock vbios, then check if you get the same issues with stock vbios? no issue with stock vbios, only with modded vbios

Thanks for being so quick man!

Edited by long2905

• Bios Modder
16 minutes ago, long2905 said:

2. What the mod vbios you flashed? GTX 870M OC edition by svl7

This is Dell vbios. If you need to solve your issue, then you need to flash MSI vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Klem said:

This is Dell vbios. If you need to solve your issue, then you need to flash MSI vbios.

I see. Thanks for the quick response. Reading the note I thought it is interchangeable for my laptop:

• 'OC edition' -> unlocked overclocking limits, voltage adjustable, power target adjustable, optimized performance at higher clocks
    Can be used for all current 880m (Clevo, MSI and Dell).

Is there an "OC edition"MSI vBIOS around somewhere?

• Bios Modder
2 minutes ago, long2905 said:

Is there an "OC edition"MSI vBIOS around somewhere?

You can send me via PM your stock vbios for modification.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
49 minutes ago, pecharack said:

Hello everyone, I have an Alienware m15x and I installed an Nvidia GTX 780m from an MSI, Modify the drivers in the .inf and it works ... But I need it to work without modifying the file ... How can I put the vBios?

Foto2.jpg

You can try use this vbios:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/142721/dell-gtx780m-4096-130418