NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

10 hours ago, meb70 said:

Lots of great info here! Still going through it all, but thanks to everyone who contributed. I have a 2gb 680m and am looking forward to getting more from it.

I am thinking upgrade my laptop M15x to this video card. What laptop have you?

1 minute ago, rummenagu said:

Exists modified VBIOS for the GTX 680M: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1425-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks/&page=1

You could to test them and to check if your 680M improves.

Thanks! I am planning on trying them soon. Just haven't had the time, yet. Probably this weekend. I will post the results when I get them.

Hello,

With my 880m and countless problems from blue screen after Windows log in to crashes during the start of World Of Warcraft i will give a go and flash the bios.

Which would be a   better option (Alienware 17 R1 with 880m)

Nvidia GTX 880m - 'OC edition' - rev00 or Klem's_vbios_DELL_GTX880M_80.04.F5.00.07_UNLOCKED ?

So I imagine just boot to the dos,command line and perform steps as usuall for bios updates or have to get optimus mode etc before hand?

On 2.02.2017 at 1:37 AM, jaug1337 said:

Happy to help!!

I've seen a few fixes using Prema's BIOS' :) 

TechInferno and Notebookreview forums are great for laptops - some really smart people hanging out on both forums actively. 

Indeed, I have updated BIOS (well truly it is downgrading...) to Prema mod v1 from the page you gave me https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p157sm/ and after that I did some tests using 3DMark11 and The Witcher 3. The results? Just G-R-E-A-T no more fps drops, temps the same. It seems that Clevo with BIOS update - dunno which one - broke support of GTX 8xx series, probably for better support of 9xx series.

Here are some results before and after specific prodedures:

1. Stock BIOS, stock vBIOS:

stock bios stock vbios.jpg

2. Prema v1 BIOS stock vBIOS:

premamodv1 stock vbios.jpg

3. Prema v1 BIOS oc vBIOS:

premamodv1 oc vbios.jpg

4. Prema v1 BIOS oc vBIOS + little oc

premamodv1 oc vbios gpu+57mhz+100mhz+25mv.jpg

So all in all if anybody has CLEVO and his experience with GTX 8xx series is the same as mine with unknown fps drops, then first of all look at your BIOS version. Prema mod v1 is based on 1.03.03 Clevo BIOS and it's working perfectly with GTX 880m 8GB, originally I had 1.03.09 BIOS which was like a nightmare for this GPU.

Cheers!

Edited by hectic
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, hectic said:

Indeed, I have updated BIOS (well truly it is downgrading...) to Prema mod v1 from the page you gave me https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p157sm/ and after that I did some tests using 3DMark11 and The Witcher 3. The results? Just G-R-E-A-T no more fps drops, temps the same. It seems that Clevo with BIOS update - dunno which one - broke support of GTX 8xx series, probably for better support of 9xx series.

Here are some results before and after specific prodedures:

1. Stock BIOS, stock vBIOS:

stock bios stock vbios.jpg

2. Prema v1 BIOS stock vBIOS:

premamodv1 stock vbios.jpg

3. Prema v1 BIOS oc vBIOS:

premamodv1 oc vbios.jpg

4. Prema v1 BIOS oc vBIOS + little oc

premamodv1 oc vbios gpu+57mhz+100mhz+25mv.jpg

So all in all if anybody has CLEVO and his experience with GTX 8xx series is the same as mine with unknown fps drops, then first of all look at your BIOS version. Prema mod v1 is based on 1.03.03 Clevo BIOS and it's working perfectly with GTX 880m 8GB, originally I had 1.03.09 BIOS which was like a nightmare for this GPU.

Cheers!

Yeah Prema is a great guy - feel free to donate to him if you want to help out :D

But the difference is night and day!!! So cool to see it worked out man :-) 

On 18.02.2017 at 4:42 PM, Gounette said:

Really cool , do you guys think it could revive an old 880M with artefacts maybe with luck ?

You have nothing left but try, starting with BIOS (if clevo), or vBIOS, I'd rather try on different drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Dell M6600 and just upgraded to Nvidia Quadro K3000M. I saw "HP K3000M" modified vbios and "Nvidia K3000M" modified VBios. Should I flash the Nvidia k3000M or HP one?

What clocks are stable for K3000M?

On 8.3.2017 at 3:58 PM, anternal said:

I have Dell M6600 and just upgraded to Nvidia Quadro K3000M. I saw "HP K3000M" modified vbios and "Nvidia K3000M" modified VBios. Should I flash the Nvidia k3000M or HP one?

What clocks are stable for K3000M?

Hi

Here the modded Dell Vbios.

The Standart Clock is now 824MHz,with Afterburner You can overclock it with 135MHz more.

K3000M.rar

cant download any file... :(

can someone please send me or link a unlock vbios mod for my ----->      MSI GTX 765m   < ---------

Current bios : 80.06.54.00.1F

Device ID : 10DE 11E1 - 1462 10EE

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks !

Edited by mikez06

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, LanceL said:

i have tried to OC my 870M 3G myself, but always ended up with driver crashing.

i assume i needed more voltage but it does not seem to go above 1.08 no matter what.

Can anyone help me OC this?

gtx870muefi.rom

Your mod vbios done. I sent it to you via PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, Roman_K said:

Hi, I'm looking at modding my MSI 765M VBIOS with an unlocked one - it's for the MSI GS70.

I've attached the existing VBIOS recovered via GPU-Z.

Would be very grateful for the help - thanks in advance!

GK106.rom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, mikez06 said:

Hi i have the same bios as Roman_K is it possible to send me the same Vbios modded so i can unlock voltage and overclock this little gpu please :)?

GK106.rom

• Thumbs Up 1