NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I recently flashed new vBios to GTX670MX on my GT60 0NX and it went through but i didnt shut EEPROM via NVFLASH, i get sort of virus which overrided vBios on GTX670MX and now i end up 256 error on NVflash. Help !?

I have an alienware ranger (2014) with the gtx 880m 8gb. I am looking for the modded bios but don't have permission to download. Can I buy this, or if I donate will I be instantly be given the permission to do so? I am pretty desperate to get it quick as I'm off work for a week and would like to do this while I get the chance.

3 hours ago, daivscott77 said:

I have an alienware ranger (2014) with the gtx 880m 8gb. I am looking for the modded bios but don't have permission to download. Can I buy this, or if I donate will I be instantly be given the permission to do so? I am pretty desperate to get it quick as I'm off work for a week and would like to do this while I get the chance.

donation gives you instant access to all files :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, daivscott77 said:

Hi thanks for the quick reply Sasuke256. Before I do this can I confirm that for my alienware 17 gtx880m 8gb, the vbios mod I should download will be this DELL_GTX880M_80.04.F5.00.07_UNLOCKED 1.0.0?

Yes, this is the VBIOS I flashed myself. Gave me a 10% efficiency boost. Just make sure with GPU-Z that Dell is your actual vendor.

On 9.11.2016 at 6:29 PM, Revelant said:

Heres my problem
I currently am experiencing slowdown in games.  I currently have the stock 880m vbios
As the slowdown occurs the fans kick in due to the heat and then the game runs smooth again.
I have repasted the gpu and cpu and did a full fan cleanout.
But the issue before is still happening.

Would using the modified 880m vbios fix this issue?

No. Flashing the modded VBIOS will not fix your throttling issiues. It is a 100% software thing that has to do with the graphics driver you have. Check out my two last posts in the thread linked below.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4906-alienware-clevo-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&do=findComment&comment=153461

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4906-alienware-clevo-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&do=findComment&comment=153723

On 14.11.2016 at 1:40 PM, FoxySapphire said:

Same. Look above for the answer I gave Revelant.

Im trying to recover laptop GPU from bad flash using my backup but no success....
I dont know if anyone here can change it ?
Adapter PCI Device ID: 1191
Firmware image PCI Device ID: 11A1
If i will provide my backup. I heard i can use HEX editor but its magic for me.
Please help me

Hi Fetaznapleta. Was all of the above reply directed at myself? If so, I'm not sure if it's relevant in my situation. As I have not upgraded to 880m it was standard in my laptop and it currently runs OK.  I just want to try slightly over clocking it.

My situation is that my I previously used msi afterburner to slightly overclock in games like pcars, as this made quite a difference in visible fps. (Did not measure with fps counter you could easily see the improvement). I then built a custom cooling pad to keep things cool whilst gaming. Then msi afterburner no longer worked, which I understood be an update in later nvidia drivers capping the card. What I want to do if possible is just be able to overclock my card like I previously did using a program like msi afterburner. I thought just downloading the modded vbios I previously stated would allow me to do this. I also want to play current games like BF1 (not sure if this relevant). If this is not the case could you please direct me as to what I should do. 

5 hours ago, daivscott77 said:

Hi Fetaznapleta. Was all of the above reply directed at myself? If so, I'm not sure if it's relevant in my situation. As I have not upgraded to 880m it was standard in my laptop and it currently runs OK.  I just want to try slightly over clocking it.

My situation is that my I previously used msi afterburner to slightly overclock in games like pcars, as this made quite a difference in visible fps. (Did not measure with fps counter you could easily see the improvement). I then built a custom cooling pad to keep things cool whilst gaming. Then msi afterburner no longer worked, which I understood be an update in later nvidia drivers capping the card. What I want to do if possible is just be able to overclock my card like I previously did using a program like msi afterburner. I thought just downloading the modded vbios I previously stated would allow me to do this. I also want to play current games like BF1 (not sure if this relevant). If this is not the case could you please direct me as to what I should do. 

Well, in this case the unlocked VBIOS should give you more play when overclocking, dunno about the throttling issues tho. Could also be driver related. What was the last version you run on your laptop? Where did you get them? Did the laptop start throttling after a recent driver update?

@Fetaznapleta I have always just kept the drivers upto date using geforce experience. Around mid March it must have been working as I checked my eBay for when I bought the materials to make the cool pad. Although, I think I may be doing this all for nothing as I think that the slight overclock I did before is again unlocked in the nvidia drivers. I have read a lot of things saying that nvidia stopped the ability to overclock in March and due to complaints reinstated the option. I have yet to test. But if it works again, as it did before, I don't think there is is advantage to installing the modded vbios. Work commitments means I can't test atm. Thank you for your help.

@Fetaznapleta I have been playing/testing project cars all night with just using nvidia inspector as it now allows me to overclock again. It probably has been this way for a while now, but this is me just getting a chance to try it again from where I left off. And I've gotta say I'm really impressed with the results of a mild overclock on my 880m. Running pcars on 1080 with all ultra or max, except shadows, reflections or anti aliasing which are set to High. 2 laps nordschleife 15 opponents with thunderstorm. Running this at stock averages 55fps and not that smooth. Running with overclock of +48 Base clock offset (1002 Mhz) +350 memory offset (2850 Mhz) I average 76fps and runs as smooth as butter. Also I got to finally test my coolpad I built, which also performs well. Won't go over  73 degrees overclocked. When not on the pad it gets up to 86 degrees. So my results show me that I don't need the modded bios now. Thanks for taking the time to help. 

The BIOS mods are still available yes. 

I have a quick question to @svl7, I've had my 680M in my MS-1762 for a while now, with a older vBIOS of yours, running with 900c/2200m 1.037OV. 

It is fine, temp at 82 when gaming at almost maxed settings. 

I am tho looking into flashing the latest vBIOS 680M Clevo 1.050OV. I am a bit unsure what you mean that that vBIOS is with 'stock' clocks. Do you mean your stock clocks or will I get downclocked with this new vBIOS. 

I'd like to keep my 900/2200, possibly even push it as far as 1000/2400 (need to test first if its stable, my GPU is getting old atm). 

I will be willing to donate, no issues :-) 

Thanks for all your help, @Prema and the remaining potatoes at NBR love you :)

EDIT: my bios is here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/188389/188389 
thinking of potentially putting something like this on: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/157932/157932 
a bit confused tho, as the BIOS I am linking, the second one, has  PCI-E interface. That shouldnt make a difference right? 

@Klem I'd appreciate if you could take a look too :) 

Edited by jaug1337

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, jaug1337 said:

The BIOS mods are still available yes. 

I have a quick question to @svl7, I've had my 680M in my MS-1762 for a while now, with a older vBIOS of yours, running with 900c/2200m 1.037OV. 

It is fine, temp at 82 when gaming at almost maxed settings. 

I am tho looking into flashing the latest vBIOS 680M Clevo 1.050OV. I am a bit unsure what you mean that that vBIOS is with 'stock' clocks. Do you mean your stock clocks or will I get downclocked with this new vBIOS. 

I'd like to keep my 900/2200, possibly even push it as far as 1000/2400 (need to test first if its stable, my GPU is getting old atm). 

I will be willing to donate, no issues :-) 

Thanks for all your help, @Prema and the remaining potatoes at NBR love you :)

EDIT: my bios is here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/188389/188389 
thinking of potentially putting something like this on: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/157932/157932 
a bit confused tho, as the BIOS I am linking, the second one, has  PCI-E interface. That shouldnt make a difference right? 

@Klem I'd appreciate if you could take a look too :) 

Hi!

Please write exactly what you like to change? If i understand you correctly, now you already use vBIOS from svl7, and it works perfectly.

Edited by Klem

1 minute ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Please write exactly what you like to change? If i understand you correctly, now you already use vBIOS from svl7, and it works perfectly.

Thinking about upping the voltage to 1.050v (would you even recommend that?) and try to see if it will handle my OC better

I want to get this right:

Will this "Nvidia GTX 880m - 'OC edition' - rev00.zip" be okay with a Sager P170SM-A laptop with 880m 8GB?

Also, is there a newer version, something like "Nvidia GTX 880m - 'OC edition' - rev01.zip" etc or is the one linked here the latest version?

Also, it seems that my nvidia card has some problems with programs using DirectX 11, will this have any impact on that problem(I think it's related to Optimus)?

Thanks guys!