NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

1 hour ago, ollithehub said:

I`m looking for  msi gtx880m is here any availible

Yup, once you get promoted either by posting a number of high quality posts or by purchasing a subscription you can download it from the OP. You need to have the 8GB version though).

Nvidia 800m series:

Nvidia GTX 880m (8GB version only):

• 'OC edition' -> unlocked overclocking limits, voltage adjustable, power target adjustable, optimized performance at higher clocks
    Can be used for all current 880m (Clevo, MSI and Dell).

My 880m is reaching 93 degrees and running at 800mhz instead of 950~ clock or 993 boost, with new thermal paste the idle temps dropped by 25+ degrees but under load its still hitting the temp max. Can this be caused by the gpu not having enough power? Just wondering if the unlocked bios will help.

6 hours ago, Old School said:

My 880m is reaching 93 degrees and running at 800mhz instead of 950~ clock or 993 boost, with new thermal paste the idle temps dropped by 25+ degrees but under load its still hitting the temp max. Can this be caused by the gpu not having enough power? Just wondering if the unlocked bios will help.

unfortunately gtx 880m is known to have high temps , is an amazing gpu for gaming but it reaches 93 very fast . i have a gt60 2pe and have the same issue , so i decided to upgrade to a gtx 970m , which is supposed to run cooler plus is faster. regarding the unlocked vbios i was unable to get it to run on my lap so i cannot tell if the problem could be resolved or not

17 minutes ago, ollithehub said:

Yes I`m serching for exactly this bios.

I download it but nvflash says me that the ID iss missmatched.

Could someone moefy mey original MSi BIOS

GTX880M org.rom

this is typical you have to type nvflash -6 "bios name" and hit enter , if the ids are different the program will let you know and wil ask if you are ok with changing the id , you have to say yes , worst case scenario is you will have to mod the nvidia drivers with new id.

• Bios Modder
23 hours ago, ollithehub said:

Yes I`m serching for exactly this bios.

I download it but nvflash says me that the ID iss missmatched.

Could someone moefy mey original MSi BIOS

GTX880M org.rom

Done. Try.

GTX880M org.rom

Edited by Klem

guys i have gt70 2od gaming laptop with 780m a wanted to try vbios but i dont know why when i flashed it with no problems, my 780m change to something like unknown device so its not working i know that i can roll back to original bios but i would like to know why because everywhere i looked it was said that it should work without problems if 780m is my original card so where is the problem? i also know that i could mod inf files but im kinda lazy and this sould work without problems. Could it be because i flashed it in Windows should I try it in DOS through USB? My bios is updated to latest one, so maybe that could be problem or maybe something with optimus because i red somewhere that optimus works through igpu?

Edited by Rici4

8 hours ago, Rici4 said:

guys i have gt70 2od gaming laptop with 780m a wanted to try vbios but i dont know why when i flashed it with no problems, my 780m change to something like unknown device so its not working i know that i can roll back to original bios but i would like to know why because everywhere i looked it was said that it should work without problems if 780m is my original card so where is the problem? i also know that i could mod inf files but im kinda lazy and this sould work without problems. Could it be because i flashed it in Windows should I try it in DOS through USB? My bios is updated to latest one, so maybe that could be problem or maybe something with optimus because i red somewhere that optimus works through igpu?

try reinstalling drivers after you flash the card , i think device id changes, that may be the cause 

Hello together

I bought 3-4 years ago a P15SM with gtx 780m. Many things like battery (it doesn't charge up), and AC.Adapter Plug (the plug gets very very hot) are broke already. I am not sure, but I suspect that my GPU throttles too. With Furmark i reach 93-94°C and the Core Clock digit drops to ~560 and the fps is dropping. How can I check if my GPU throttles; if yes how can I resolve this problem and can the Vbios from here help me?

I am willing to learn new things, to give more detail if needed and to upload a pic or anything else

Edited by bobby64642

On 2012/7/24 at 0:27 AM, svl7 said:

More stuff exclusive for T|I users, voltage mods:

All the vbios listed here are attached at the end of the post.

Nvidia 800m series:

Nvidia GTX 880m (8GB version only):

• 'OC edition' -> unlocked overclocking limits, voltage adjustable, power target adjustable, optimized performance at higher clocks
    Can be used for all current 880m (Clevo, MSI and Dell).

Nvidia GTX 870m:

• 'OC edition' -> see above

Nvidia GTX 860m (GK104 variant):

• 'OC edition' -> see above. Refer to the file name to know which version is suited for your system.
    NOTE: Only for the Kepler version of the 860m. Silly Nvidia started giving different GPUs the same name.

Nvidia 700m series:

Nvidia GTX 780m:

Can be used for all current 780m (Clevo, MSI and Dell).

Nvidia GTX 770m:

• 'OC edition' -> see above

Nvidia GTX 765m:

• 'OC edition' -> see above. Refer to the file name to know which version is suited for your system.

Hidden Content

Nvidia 600m series:

MSI GTX 680m (4GB version):

• 'OC edition' revised -> higher limits for software overclocking, stock default clocks

-----------------------

Dell GTX 680m (2GB version) vbios:

• 'OCedition' revised -> higher limits for software overclocking, stock default clocks
  • same with increased 3d voltage ('OV') -> refer to the file name

-----------------------

Clevo GTX 680m (4GB version) vbios:

• 'OCedition' revised -> higher limits for software overclocking, stock default clocks. For P1xxHM based systems I recommend only using version 80.04.29.00.01 !! Some users reported issue with other vbios versions (stock or modified, doesn't matter). EM users make sure you're on the latest BIOS / EC
  • same with increased 3d voltage ('OV') -> refer to the file name (Same warning as above applies to P1xxHM users).

-----------------------

K3000m:

• (Nvidia) K3000m - 80.04.3A.00.07 'OCedition' -> higher software overclocking limit
    Should work on all K3000m, unless you got a board ID mismatch.
  • (HP) K3000m - 80.04.33.00.2E - 'OC edition' - > same as above, but probably the better choice if you use a HP machine

-----------------------

K5000m:

• (Dell) K5000m - 80.04.33.00.35 - 'OCedition' -> higher software overclocking limit, stock 3d clocks 758MHz
    It's Dell but should work on all K5000m, unless you get a board ID mismatch.

-----------------------

GTX 670mx:

• MSI 670mx (1.5GB) - 80.04.5B.00.A5_'OCedition'_rev00 -> higher software overclocking limits, tweaked performance at high clocks.
    Same board as the Clevo card.
  • Clevo 670mx (3GB) - 80.04.58.00.03_'OC edition'_rev02 -> same as above, plus voltage is adjustable per software.

----------------------

MSI GTX 675mx:

• MSI 675mx (2GB) - 80.04.58.00.14_'OCedition'_rev00 -> higher software overclocking limits, tweaked performance at high clocks.
  • MSI 675mx (4GB) - 80.04.58.00.0E_'OCedition'_rev00 -> same as above, vbios for 4GB card (!)

-----------------------

Clevo GTX 675mx:

• Clevo 675mx (4GB) - 80.04.58.00.05_'OCedition'_rev00 -> higher software overclocking limits, tweaked performance at high clocks.

-----------------------

ASUS G75VW BIOS:

- 660m at 1000MHz core / 1400MHz memory

- additional BIOS menus

http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html

-------

Donation link in case you want to buy me a beer ;) Thanks and cheers!

FILE DOWNLOAD LOCATION:

TKU

Hello. I have a couple of questions. I'd appreciate if someone can help me out.

1) In a German forum, I read that Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10/80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01 vBios are compatible with Clevo P170EM if we have the latest system Bios. Is this true? I'm using Prema Mod v2 so I should be clear on that.

2) In one of the posts, a user did tests with .33 and .67 and Furmark scores were better with .33. So I will assume the newer isn't always the better. Right?

Thanks.

• Bios Modder
13 hours ago, andre1891 said:

Iam using an Gigabyte P2542G (Eu Model) with an Geforce 660m.

Does someone have the modified Bios for me? :-)

Thanks

Send me  your file backup of bios from your laptop via PM. I'll look at it.

Edited by Klem

Hello guys,

I´m new on this OC things, and i have a GT70-20D with a GTX780M.

I tried to upgrade to a K5100M, but it seems that the gpu I purchased is Fu******d... and it doesn’t work.

Here are a bunch of questions that i would love to see if someone could help me out:

I was trying to overclock my GTX780M to see if i can get it similar results to the Quadro K4100M in 3D cad software, but if i compare the Bios from GTX and Quadro, the quadro values are different (quadro base and memory clock are lower than GTX).

Could anyone here try to explain me the base differences from quadro gpus to gforce gpus?

I know that quadro are for 3D software, but would it be possible to change GTX780M bios to have similar results like K4100M?

Could it be that my gpu is throttling?

I have dual monitor (lap. display + Tv Monitor), and checking with Nvidia Inspector, when i open the 3D soft and open files current clock goes from 135MHz to 849MHz, and also memory goes from 324MHz to 2497MHz, but them comes to low values again and if I start rotating the 3D files goes again to maximum, but I see that until the clock goes up the cad software doesn’t respond and I need to wait…

With Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility, if I do a stress test, temp in NV Inspector goes to 93°, but in Intel soft its gives me 56°...

If I overclock with NV inspector Clock+135MHz, and memory +400MHz, using the 3D soft, when manipulating the 3D file, GPU load goes to 99%-100% and temp stays in 77°-78° and it’s a bit faster than before, but i still works a bit slow in the 3D soft...

Could this be because of GPU throttling?

Does anyone have any ideas on what can I do to speed up a little bit more my gpu?

Thanks a lot for the support

My system:

MSI GT70-20D (MS-1763)

Bios: 1763IMS.71B (Unlocked Menus by me, but with no changes)

EC: 1763EMS1 Ver 5.17

i7-4700MQ @2,40GHz overclocked to 3.40GHz with Intel Extreme Tuning

Nvidia GTX 780M

32GB RAM

(Sorry for the long text)

Edited by Boxcad

The GTX GPU are the same as Quadro GPU,but it is not possible to Flash the Vbios from the GTX 780M to K5100M because the

ID String from Quadros are not in the Vbios.

They made it with Resitor Combination on the PCB.

You can Flash the Vbios bu Device Manager always Show K5100M and the Card don`t work.

You can use the Kepler Bios Tweaker to Change the Clockvalues to GTX 780M

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

The GTX GPU are the same as Quadro GPU,but it is not possible to Flash the Vbios from the GTX 780M to K5100M because the

ID String from Quadros are not in the Vbios.

They made it with Resitor Combination on the PCB.

You can Flash the Vbios bu Device Manager always Show K5100M and the Card don`t work.

You can use the Kepler Bios Tweaker to Change the Clockvalues to GTX 780M

Thanks for the answer...

I´ve been looking online and i saw that some guys are looking into those resistor combination you mentioned to see if they are able to change GTX into Quadro.

But for me it’s a little bit unclear, how they manage to change a GTX with 4Gb of memory into a Quadro with 8Gb of memory...

That is why I was trying to mod my GTX780M into a K4100M, because they both have the same memory...

Regarding Overclocking, could you tell me what would be the maximum clock values i could use on my GTX780M?

Would I need to change from an 180W charger into a 240W charger to hold more overclock?

I´ve looked with Kepler Bios Tweaker into my GTX 780M Bios and compared with the Quadro K4100M and even with the K5100M, and the clock values are bigger in the GTX.

But then, in the TDP and 3D Base Entry, GTX is with #6 and Quadro is with #0. In Boost entry, GTX is with #4, and Quadro is with #0.

Also, the clock voltage table has different CLK #, from Quadro to GTX...

Could anyone help me out making the overclock on my bios almost to the Max that it can handle? I didn’t want to change things and fry mi card...

Thanks

Why You wnt change a GTX 780M to K4100M?

The GTX 780M is much more faster,the K4100M is a GTX 680M.

The Clocks in the GTX  are allways higher because the Quadro must work very stable.

They are very underclocked.

The GTX 780M have 823 MHz,with MSI Afterbrner You could chnge it th 959MHz.

This is with normaly the Limit of this Card without Voltage Modding.

4 minutes ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Why You wnt change a GTX 780M to K4100M?

The GTX 780M is much more faster,the K4100M is a GTX 680M.

The Clocks in the GTX  are allways higher because the Quadro must work very stable.

They are very underclocked.

The GTX 780M have 823 MHz,with MSI Afterbrner You could chnge it th 959MHz.

This is with normaly the Limit of this Card without Voltage Modding.

I work with 3D CAD sofware (Siemens NX), and working with the assemblies i have, the GTX is slow manipulating the CAD file... The Quadro GPUs, are faster for this, but i honestly dont know why...

That was the main reason that i bought a K5100M, but the guy who sold it probably new the card was already with issues and didnt told me anything....

I thought it was my laptop that didnt handle the GPU, but i tested in a Dell workstation, and it turns out that the issue is in the GPU....

And i was wondering if it would be possible to mod the GTX into a Quadro...

I already have the GTX GPU with 906 MHz (Boost with 932MHz) and the Clock Memory with 2900Mhz... With these settings its faster, but i would still need a bit more....

Be carefull,the Card don`t must be broken.

In some Dell You also can`t use K4100M or K5100M,the M6700 is a Modell like this.

A K4000M and K5000M are works fine,but K4100M and K5100M are have Issues like Yours.

I sold around 4 Weeks ago a K4100M to a People with M6700,he also have Problems like this.

If he use HDMI or his Dockingstation the Notebook makes Blackscreens or switched of.

We change it to a K4000m and all was clear,but the Card was allready OK.

Look for a K4100M,for this Card You can get a MSI Vbios.

A K4000M or K5000M with HP Vbios should also work,but without Guarantee.