NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

5 minutes ago, extreme08 said:

hi svl7, can you give me vbios clevo gtx660M in anothet link? urgent for me, thanx before....

Hello. Our Beloved Brother @svl7 has retired. If it is truly urgent, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and purchase a T|I Elite Membership to accelerate your access to the goodies.

On 29.6.2016 at 0:32 PM, ollithehub said:

Please help

I`ve for my self modified the powertarget in the kelpler bios tweaker but with the result that the change has no impact.

Could please someone modefied my bios or give me a howto to modefie the bios?

Thanks

Hey guys, great that the forum is back up again :)

My 680M died on me recently, even a GPU reflow using a heatgun only prolonged its life by a week.

Now I bought a Dell K5000M and hope to get it running in my Clevo x7200.

I hope that the card will boot without problems. Yet - can I safely flash svl7's K5000M vbios? It is also a Dell one, conveniently.

(Dell) K5000m - 80.04.33.00.35 - 'OCedition' -> higher software overclocking limit, stock 3d clocks 758MHz
It's Dell but should work on all K5000m, unless you get a board ID mismatch.

He says it should work on all K5000M anyway. What does a board ID mismatch mean?

I would just boot under DOS and firstly back up the existing ROM with

nvflash -b filename.rom

Then run 

nvflash -6 vbiosname.rom

as written in svl7's guide. I flashed my 680M like this, too. The 680M was a Clevo, though.

Does anyone of you have a Dell card in his Clevo, and has experience with it in terms of compatability?

Edited by sirana

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
3 hours ago, Orby said:

Hello, sorry if it's already here, but when switching to the svl7 vbios I accidentally deleted the stock vbios of my Dell gtx 860m. Can one of you post the stock bios for my 860m? Thanks.

This is for you.

Dell_860M_GK104_Stock.rar

Edited by Klem

On 11.7.2016 at 2:22 PM, sirana said:

Hey guys, great that the forum is back up again :)

My 680M died on me recently, even a GPU reflow using a heatgun only prolonged its life by a week.

Now I bought a Dell K5000M and hope to get it running in my Clevo x7200.

I hope that the card will boot without problems. Yet - can I safely flash svl7's K5000M vbios? It is also a Dell one, conveniently.

[...]

Alright, so the card is installed and works perfect in my notebook. I also flashed svl7's awesome K5000M vbios without a hitch.

The thing is, the Dell K5000M has the internal (female) screw thread about a milimeter lower than my old Clevo 680M, so although the 680M heatsink fits perfectly and has the heatpads arranged in the right way, the screws don't reach through the heatsink to the GPU screw thread. I worked around it by using longer screws stolen from an unused fan, but the heatsink does not sit 100% tight on the card, resulting in high temps (60°C idle, 90°C full load). Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

PS: I repasted properly, dusted the fan etc., so I am quite sure the only problem causing the high temps is the heatsink not sitting tightly enough on the GPU.

i tried using the gtx 880m unlocked vbios on a gt60 onc and a gt60 2pe without any luck, i noticed vbios has uefi enabled, when drivers are installed and windows starts i get a black screen with flashing mouse pointer, i installed a fresh windows 8.1 in uefi mode and the same happened on both laptops, i really want to use this vbios to undervolt the card because im getting high temps when full load

Edited by panamaniacs2011
add info

Hi @Klem I was told that you could possibly help me with a gpu vbios. I got my laptop back on 2011 from a reseller. its a p150hm and had the 485m in it. recently I swapped in a gtx 680m from ebay. it came out of an msi and  had the  80.04.33.00.24 vbios. it loaded up fine in my p150hm, however on quite a few games I was getting some nasty triangle artifacts. I used nvidia inspector and found that it was factory clocked at 771mhz. so i got a stock  80.04.29.00.01 vbios and flashed it. so far no more artifacts. the temps werent high either which is strange since it was overclocked compared to a stock card. anyways I was wondering if you could do an overvolt overclock  80.04.29.00.01 vbios for my 680m. I read a thread saying the best setup was something like 1.037v  915 core speed and 1125 memory. Let me know if you can help me out. also if you want to make one with the msi bios it might also work, but then again i dont want to brick my gpu.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, aduy said:

Hi @Klem I was told that you could possibly help me with a gpu vbios. I got my laptop back on 2011 from a reseller. its a p150hm and had the 485m in it. recently I swapped in a gtx 680m from ebay. it came out of an msi and  had the  80.04.33.00.24 vbios. it loaded up fine in my p150hm, however on quite a few games I was getting some nasty triangle artifacts. I used nvidia inspector and found that it was factory clocked at 771mhz. so i got a stock  80.04.29.00.01 vbios and flashed it. so far no more artifacts. the temps werent high either which is strange since it was overclocked compared to a stock card. anyways I was wondering if you could do an overvolt overclock  80.04.29.00.01 vbios for my 680m. I read a thread saying the best setup was something like 1.037v  915 core speed and 1125 memory. Let me know if you can help me out. also if you want to make one with the msi bios it might also work, but then again i dont want to brick my gpu.

Hi! You can download already unlocked vbios 80.04.29.00.01 from the first page of this thread.

Edited by Klem

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi! You can download already unlocked vbios 80.04.29.00.01 from the first page of this thread.

right but I want to overvolt as well, doesnt that need to be with nibitor or something of that nature?

ok so I flashed a 680m vbios from klem, using the windows nvflash onto the 680m in my p150hm. then restarted my laptop. it bluescreened during shut down and then the screen went black. can someone help me setup a blind flash usb for my 680m. I tried on my own but i cant tell why its not working. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is your PC even booting normally? E.g. Do you hear the windows sound? Do you know if it posts? Did you flash in DOS or in windows itself?

Edited by sirana

9 hours ago, sirana said:

Is your PC even booting normally? E.g. Do you hear the windows sound? Do you know if it posts? Did you flash in DOS or in windows itself?

Im not sure, ill turn the sound up and see if makes the windows boot up sound. I flashed it in windows and then rebooted. this wasnt the first time I had flashed it this was though, and the previous times worked fine.

To me it sounds like the easiest solution to install the card in a friends notebook to see if it boots and flash it from there, and please do so in DOS just like svl7 recommends in the OP, and not in Windows like you did. If you don't have usb boot as #1 boot priority option it's impossible for me to guide you through a blind flash. If it is, you could make a bootable DOS USB drive (look it up in the op), put your backed up vbios or old vbios on it, plug it into your notebook, try to spam enter every second, then after maybe 60 seconds type "nvflash - 6 vbios.rom" , then hit enter. After 5 seconds type "y" (careful, if you have a QWERTZ keyboard layout you have to type "z"  instead as DOS assumes QWERTY layout), then hit enter, wait 2min to be sure, then hit Control Alt Delete to reboot the pc. If it worked, yay, if it didn't, it either doesn't post at all or didn't boot DOS correctly (maybe because it's not #1 boot priority). Make sure that your stick boots DOS on a working pc first.

Hey guys been snooping around here for a bit. Would I be able to flash my 680m with Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip im currently on the clevo p570. Just trying to be sure here.

On 8/4/2016 at 0:44 PM, sirana said:

To me it sounds like the easiest solution to install the card in a friends notebook to see if it boots and flash it from there, and please do so in DOS just like svl7 recommends in the OP, and not in Windows like you did. If you don't have usb boot as #1 boot priority option it's impossible for me to guide you through a blind flash. If it is, you could make a bootable DOS USB drive (look it up in the op), put your backed up vbios or old vbios on it, plug it into your notebook, try to spam enter every second, then after maybe 60 seconds type "nvflash - 6 vbios.rom" , then hit enter. After 5 seconds type "y" (careful, if you have a QWERTZ keyboard layout you have to type "z"  instead as DOS assumes QWERTY layout), then hit enter, wait 2min to be sure, then hit Control Alt Delete to reboot the pc. If it worked, yay, if it didn't, it either doesn't post at all or didn't boot DOS correctly (maybe because it's not #1 boot priority). Make sure that your stick boots DOS on a working pc first.

ok so I was able to find that holding down fn+b forces a bios reset. I have removed both hard drives and only have the usb inserted. I know the usb boots dos but I think it may not be selected as bootable in the bios. I think what I need is a video of someone reseting the bios to stock. then rebooting and changing the boot priority to usb with a recording of the screen and of the keyboard. or if someone can tell me what I need to type in order to boot usb. I know hitting f7 brings up the boot order menu but im not sure when to hit f7 and what to hit after that.

3 hours ago, aduy said:

ok so I was able to find that holding down fn+b forces a bios reset. I have removed both hard drives and only have the usb inserted. I know the usb boots dos but I think it may not be selected as bootable in the bios. I think what I need is a video of someone reseting the bios to stock. then rebooting and changing the boot priority to usb with a recording of the screen and of the keyboard. or if someone can tell me what I need to type in order to boot usb. I know hitting f7 brings up the boot order menu but im not sure when to hit f7 and what to hit after that.

That's exactly what I thought. I can't provide you with that video as my bios is totally different from yours, so you'll have to ask people with the same laptop model.