NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

On 3/14/2016 at 9:18 AM, warrimonk said:

This one, the K4000M OC one, just with a bit more voltage pushed to it, maybe a  +50mv one and a +75mv one ? I'm not too sure about what is acceptable on Quadro cards.

Thanks.

Dell K4000m - 80.04.33.00.34_'OC edition'.zip

What stable clocks did you end up with man?

• 2 weeks later...

@Klem

Hi Klem and hi everybody else,

in July 2015 I got a modified BIOS from Klem which enabled overclocking. It worked perfectly till last week. Since I installed a 500GB mSata SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) overclocking isn't enabled anymore with tools like EVGA Precision X. I just flashed the BIOS from Klem again but unfortunately this did not help. Has anybody an idea what the problem might be? 

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

Erik

EDIT: Also I did a fresh install of win7 on the new SSD.

Edited by F4v0r3D

On 2/10/2014 at 0:02 PM, Astelith said:

The i7 620M it't not that bad, I can play almost everything on ultra (2048 x 1152 on Dell 23") with 40fps or more... at 1000 core 1v / 2900 mem the power draw is around 110/120W ...and for that I love the 620M !

But now I've found a good 920xm so let's see :)

- - - Updated - - -

I recover the card soldering a new vbios chip.

Hey I know I'm digging this up from 2 years ago, but I'm looking for a modded nVidia 620m vbios. I'm hoping to undervolt it as this card just gets too damn hot in my Asus UX32VD. Did you ever have a custom vbios for it?

The only "trick" I've managed so far is to disable nVidia PowerMizer with PowerMizer Manager app, set it in to low performance mode, and then up the clocks in that mode back to stock clocks. This allow me to run at 0.925v instead of 0.975v but it's STILL really hot. It'll reach 85c+ under load at 24c ambient. This is in combination with an i7 3517U with eliminated TDP for turbo power boost with Intel XTU. The problem is they share a heat pipe and heat eac hother up.

Would anyone be so kind as to build me a modded vbios or point me to some documentation on doing this myself? I can post the original. Thanks!

On that laptop the vbios will be included in the system bios. You will need to decompress your bios so that you can replace the vbios module within it. Phoenixtool is a good program for that.

As for the bios mod, the 620m is a fermi core. There's a Fermi Bios Editor, but that refuses to work with mobile gpus. I'm not sure how you would drop the voltage once the vbios is extracted.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Khenglish said:

On that laptop the vbios will be included in the system bios. You will need to decompress your bios so that you can replace the vbios module within it. Phoenixtool is a good program for that.

As for the bios mod, the 620m is a fermi core. There's a Fermi Bios Editor, but that refuses to work with mobile gpus. I'm not sure how you would drop the voltage once the vbios is extracted.

Thanks. I'll work on extracting the vbios for now. I know I decompressed the entire bios before trying to unlock the CPU. So has no one has been able to edit a vbios for a Fermi mobile card? That's not good news!

Edited by Flyview

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, F4v0r3D said:

@Klem

Hi Klem and hi everybody else,

in July 2015 I got a modified BIOS from Klem which enabled overclocking. It worked perfectly till last week. Since I installed a 500GB mSata SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) overclocking isn't enabled anymore with tools like EVGA Precision X. I just flashed the BIOS from Klem again but unfortunately this did not help. Has anybody an idea what the problem might be? 

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

Erik

EDIT: Also I did a fresh install of win7 on the new SSD.

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Completely uninstall EVGA Precision X with all settings. Reboot laptop.

3. Download the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller), run it and completely uninstall NVIDIA drivers.

4. Download and install NVIDIA drivers version 359.06

5. Reboot laptop.

6. Go in bios setup menu and on the last page "Save and Exit" set "Default Settings", then F10, then Enter.

7. Install NVIDIA Inspector and use it for overclock. 

4 hours ago, Klem said:

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Completely uninstall EVGA Precision X with all settings. Reboot laptop.

3. Download the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller), run it and completely uninstall NVIDIA drivers.

4. Download and install NVIDIA drivers version 359.06

5. Reboot laptop.

6. Go in bios setup menu and on the last page "Save and Exit" set "Default Settings", then F10, then Enter.

7. Install NVIDIA Inspector and use it for overclock. 

Hi Klem,

thanks for your reply. I just figured out that MSI afterburner works fine but EVGA does not, even after reinstallation.

As long as there won't be any further problems I will leave it as it is and use MSI afterburner for now.

If there are more problems arising I will use your Explanation.

Thank you for your help!

Hello

I have a GTX 280M,but MSI have only Vbios for GTX 285M.

This Clocks are to high for my Card.

I tried to change with Nibitor,but the Clockrates are locked.

Could You unlock this for me or change the Values to 600/1400/900.

Maybe the Card will start without artefacts in my MS-16F1.

GTX285MS.rar

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Hello

I have a GTX 280M,but MSI have only Vbios for GTX 285M.

This Clocks are to high for my Card.

I tried to change with Nibitor,but the Clockrates are locked.

Could You unlock this for me or change the Values to 600/1400/900.

Maybe the Card will start without artefacts in my MS-16F1.

GTX285MS.rar

This is for you.

GTX285MS.rar

On 6/2/2016 at 0:06 AM, Khenglish said:

On 6/2/2016 at 2:15 AM, Flyview said:

Thanks. I'll work on extracting the vbios for now. I know I decompressed the entire bios before trying to unlock the CPU. So has no one has been able to edit a vbios for a Fermi mobile card? That's not good news!

Alright so I decompressed my BIOS with PhoenixTool from MyDigitalLife forum. Now what, how can I tell which of these files is the vBIOS? Thanks for the guidance!

Other than the fact that mine is not unlocked, what is the difference between the K4000m bios that is already posted in this thread and mine? Just curious because I really want to push this gpu to the max but don't want to mess it up by flashing the wrong bios. This was pulled off of my Dell card. It is almost twice the size of the one that is posted as well. Here is mine. I appreciate any help.

k4000m.rom

Edit: Never mind, I went back in the thread and saw that it would be fine to use the smaller bios. I have successfully flashed my K4000m and am now sitting at 1050mhz core and 2000mhz memory clocks! I only hit 80c max after gaming for several hours straight with those settings! I would still like to know what the difference is between the two bioses other than my stock bios being newer. Anyways thank you so much for the work you are doing. The only other thing I could ask is for a tutorial on how to edit the bios for myself, just out of curiosity.

Edited by korndogg

• 2 weeks later...