NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Thanks for this I just recently started noticing the throttling issues on my 880m and have now started looking into fixing it. When I bought my custom rig the 880 was a beast and to see it constantly throttling down the way it does really is annoying. Ill think twice about trusting nvidia again.

My 780m sli are both unlocked with SVL7 vBios however regardles of the unlocked and forced features the NVIDIA drivers can still throttle as mine did. The resolution was to use Nvidia Inspector to export game profiles so i had the new SLI features then revert to the older nvidia drivers that dont throttle and again with nvidis inspector import those gaje profiles exported from the newer driver.

That way i have older drivers with no throttling BUT i also have the newer game profiles providing maximum support on the older drivers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi again,

tried to flash different (modded one from SL7v, another HP original, self modded ones, modded one from Klem) vBios to my HP8770W (Quadra K4000M) - flash procedure shows all ok, after reinstalling the GPU-Drivers and reboots, GPU-Z shows me the flashed vBios - Nvidia Inspector says alwas still another vBios as the flashed one...

So it's seems to be as Klem said - there must be another vBios within my Systembios wich is used instead of the flashed one...

GPU-Z shows me when i'm flashing the original vBios taken from GPU of my Notebook it's not UEFI compatible - when i'm flashing another vBios (taken from HP WorkStation Z1) GPU-Z tells me it's UEFI compatible...but this should not made differences in my case, because i'm using Windows7 without UEFI support...

Did anyone unlocked his Quadro from HP8770w Notebook sucsessfully? Any ideas how i con unlock my vBios to past the +135MHz GPU-Clock-Limit?

Just received my K5000M and installed to my Alienware m17x r4, it's gaming performance is bad compared to my old GTX 675M, I really need to use slv7 vbios...

Please don't take this as an absolute yes, but if the K5100M works there's very little chance the K5000M wouldn't.

K5000M works, i just installed it :) But gaming performance is poor.

I have a question according to gtx 680m 4GB. Does clevo vbios can be flashed to msi branded 680m, and does msi vbios can be flashed to clevo branded 680m ? ;) Just to be clear it would be working in Clevo P170HM system.

Best regards,

Patryk

For sure you can do it .

来自我的 HUAWEI MT1-U06 上的 Tapatalk

Can I use 780m vbios for dell 780m gpu? And i am going to use this flashed gpu for my clevo laptop.

I saw that oc vbios is dell vendor.. If i flashed this vbios, should i have to modify inf file??

Want to use svl vbios, but worrying about vendor,,

Hi Everyone :-)

Just came across this thread. The 680M is getting a bit long in the tooth now & like all of you I'm trying to wring some extra performance out of it.

I have an Alienware M17X R4 with the 2GB GTX 680M on the A13 Dell BIOS.

I've been overclocking the chip (with standard BIOS) to GPU Base clock of 846MHZ & Mem clock of 2114MHZ without problems (although i haven't been monitoring throttling, just temp & game frame rate) and am now looking for a bit more.

Thanks to everyone (svl7 in particular), involved it looks like you've managed to get some more voltage into it & some stable clocks, but after reading the first 15 pages & realising there are over 500 (plus this topic has now changed to the 780m and other cards for some reason) I've stopped reading to be lazy and ask if there is anyone who has been following this throughout its history, what is the highest voltage and highest clocks I can spin my 680M up to?

I realise each card is slightly different, but on average, what conclusion have you guys & gals agreed on?

Thankyou for your time everyone :-)

Thank you what 3d mark 2011 score do u get? Have you adjusted the memory at all also?

I never run 3d mark 2011, and I just used svl7's vbios.

I tried playing Payday 2 without the vbios modification and it was unplayable at 1080p high settings, around 20 fps.

After modding with slv7's vbios I can play it at 1080p almost ultra settings at 60 fps which is huge difference. And the max temperature never reaches above 68 celsius after 3 hours of Payday 2.

Hi.

I have a GTX680M with the following hardware id:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05511462&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05511462

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&CC_0300

Windows driver enforcement check on modded driver BSOD the GT60ONC after few minutes.

Will flashing the vbios help?

Thanks.

If you didnt touch any vbios for 780m, that gpu is from dell vendor, even you can see the subvendor as a clevo, that only follows your motherboard model, (that doesn't clearly verify the gpu's vendor),

that vbios version 80.04.af.00.03 is from dell

Updated my Dell M6600 from a Quadro 3000M to a K4000M, and flashed the custom bios from svl7.

WOW what a huge difference with that overclock limit removed, went from

Core: 601MHz stock to 1045MHz stable (+444)

Memory: 1400MHz stock to 2150MHz stable (+750)

Any chance someone can mod the vbios to include a voltage bump from say 0.962v to 1.05v? My GPU is topping out at 65 Celsius (just repasted) and id love to try to push more out of it (maybe 1100 core?! )

Thanks a ton.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently acquired a Dell K5000m for my M6700 and am loving it. Previously, I had a K3000M and had svl7's custom firmware. It boosted the performance significantly - but I am not having the same luck with svl7's K5000m BIOS on the new card.

Is there an updated Dell K5000M BIOS available? My BIOS version on this card is (stock) 80.04.5A.00.05 and the svl7 version available is 80.04.33.00.35. I am getting approximately 20% reduced performance when I put the modded bios on my card.

Any chance this is a newer firmware revision?

Dell K5000M - 80.04.5A.00.05.zip

• Brian featured this topic