NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi, I was thinking about undervolting my GTX680m, because...

I live in Brazil, and here is hot like hell (now as the time I was writing this post, 37,8ºC), so my notebook GPU temps are skyrocketing when I try to play anything.

My note is a Clevo P150EM, I already use one of the vBIOSes from this post (Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip) and if functions perfectly in my card with 915/2250 at stock voltage.

So, do I have a way to undervolt a bit (from 0,9875 to 0,97xx or even 0,96xx)? Or I need to flash and UV vBIOS (something that I didn't saw yet). I was thinking that I would need an UV vBIOS, because I saw many OV ones (OV 1000, OV 1025 and OV 1050) in the post #1 and #2 of this topic.

Thanks for helping my friend to cool down a bit haha.

PS> My temps are hitting 90ºC, I was almost forgetting to say the most important thing. :friendly_wink:

Hi all,

I successfully flashed my 880M SLI to the modded bios. I noticed that when I unplug my power, the graphics drivers soon crash. I would assume this is because power throttling was lessened or disabled. Is there a way I can keep the modded bios but still run on battery when I need to by lowering voltage, clocks, or the like? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

On the other hand, does anyone have any recommended values for overclocking or even overvolting my 880M SLI that reaches about 78 Celsius max at 993 MHz Core and 1.000 V?

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Brazil, and here is hot like hell (now as the time I was writing this post, 37,8ºC), so my notebook GPU temps are skyrocketing when I try to play anything.

My note is a Clevo P150EM, I already use one of the vBIOSes from this post (Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip) and if functions perfectly in my card with 915/2250 at stock voltage.

So, do I have a way to undervolt a bit (from 0,9875 to 0,97xx or even 0,96xx)? Or I need to flash and UV vBIOS (something that I didn't saw yet). I was thinking that I would need an UV vBIOS, because I saw many OV ones (OV 1000, OV 1025 and OV 1050) in the post #1 and #2 of this topic.

PS> My temps are hitting 90ºC, I was almost forgetting to say the most important thing. :friendly_wink:

I would assume you can use nvidiaInspector to undervolt your card since you have the modded vbios. You would have to do this upon every time you started your computer though, unless you made your own bios, which is a bit of a hassle. I'd suggest creating an undervolted profile in nvidiaInspector and then making a shortcut to that profile from your desktop.

Hi all,

I successfully flashed my 880M SLI to the modded bios. I noticed that when I unplug my power, the graphics drivers soon crash. I would assume this is because power throttling was lessened or disabled. Is there a way I can keep the modded bios but still run on battery when I need to by lowering voltage, clocks, or the like? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

On the other hand, does anyone have any recommended values for overclocking or even overvolting my 880M SLI that reaches about 78 Celsius max at 993 MHz Core and 1.000 V?

- - - Updated - - -

I would assume you can use nvidiaInspector to undervolt your card since you have the modded vbios. You would have to do this upon every time you started your computer though, unless you made your own bios, which is a bit of a hassle. I'd suggest creating an undervolted profile in nvidiaInspector and then making a shortcut to that profile from your desktop.

No program (MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision and NVidia Inspector) can OV or UV my card, the Voltage Offset in NVidia Inspector is grayed out for me, even with the modded vBIOS, it appears that my card has the voltages locked in the vBIOS, because svl has posted some OV vBIOSes in this topic, but only OV ones and no UV ones.

Have you checked your cooling? It could be that the vents are clogged so you're not getting the cooling you need. A sharp blow of air into the vents when the laptop is off is sometimes enough to declog the vent and could be a very quick way to fix the issue. Another option (if your temps are going up extremely fast when you do anything) is that your thermal paste or heatsink are not functioning correctly so I would resit your GPU with new and decent paste and check that the heatsink is properly in contact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you checked your cooling? It could be that the vents are clogged so you're not getting the cooling you need. A sharp blow of air into the vents when the laptop is off is sometimes enough to declog the vent and could be a very quick way to fix the issue. Another option (if your temps are going up extremely fast when you do anything) is that your thermal paste or heatsink are not functioning correctly so I would resit your GPU with new and decent paste and check that the heatsink is properly in contact.

It my ambient temp, here in Brazil (GMT -03h) it's 23:38, and my ambient temp is 35ºC, so just imagine in the day... haha

The laptop is clean, I need to clean every 15 days, and I made a repaste every 3 months, I can't do nothing more in this department, so I really need a way to UV my GPU, I can only play watching my temps, even now that's midnight =(

ChaozBR are you using high end thermal paste. In my experience some pastes like MX-4 will quickly degrade in high heat.

1. I use Gelid Extreme and I'm happy with it. Also make sure you clean surfaces properly before repasting

2. I use laptop cooler with 3 120 vents. All 3 have dust filters so I don't get any dust in my system. The filters restrict air flow so much that the cooler acts more like a filter than a cooler for my system.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

ChaozBR are you using high end thermal paste. In my experience some pastes like MX-4 will quickly degrade in high heat.

1. I use Gelid Extreme and I'm happy with it. Also make sure you clean surfaces properly before repasting

2. I use laptop cooler with 3 120 vents. All 3 have dust filters so I don't get any dust in my system. The filters restrict air flow so much that the cooler acts more like a filter than a cooler for my system.

1) I'm using ICD7 now, it was cleaned properly before repasting (I have cleaned myself with isopropyl alcohol), so this isn't the problem.

2) I use a laptop cooler too, a Notepal U3, it's a very good cooler, so I'm covered in this department too.

Any other tips friend? I really want to cover everything here.

Another thing what I did was to coose the gaps between fan and heatsink. So all the air is flowing through heatsink. I used foil tape for that and it made my system even more cooler. Only downside is that you can't clean your heatsink from dust that easily. Thats why I use dust filters.

One of my oc 680m's reaches 90 degrees as well, but when I turn full fan on then it's 81. Other gpu is 10+ degrees cooler.

Please don't take this as an absolute yes, but if the K5100M works there's very little chance the K5000M wouldn't.

I've ordered K5000M from ebay because it's 65% percent cheaper than K5100M, I will post my results when I install the K5000M in my M17x r4 :)

Another thing what I did was to coose the gaps between fan and heatsink. So all the air is flowing through heatsink. I used foil tape for that and it made my system even more cooler. Only downside is that you can't clean your heatsink from dust that easily. Thats why I use dust filters.

One of my oc 680m's reaches 90 degrees as well, but when I turn full fan on then it's 81. Other gpu is 10+ degrees cooler.

Do you have a photo of the dust filters? I never found one that simply doesn't blocks the air from entering in the laptop...

Doesn't 80ºC already a high temp?

The dust filters are for regular 120mm fans and it is under the laptop cooler. And yes the airflow is way better without filters, but I prefer to clean these filters every week instead the heatsinks.

Max 81 degrees with OC in good for P370EM

Do I need to unlock my m18x bios for this 780m vbios to work?

Thread seems pretty dead :/

Anyway I had A11 and downloaded and installed Stock A10 from Dell. once downgraded I downloaded A10 unlocked and flashed via DOS which worked a treat. Then I flashed both 780m's and it worked perfect, although with a 150 core clock boost and 300 memory for 2 days the 780m in device manager went back to basic display adapter and also nVidia inspector failed to load.. I thought I killed one of the GPU's but installing the nvidia drivers again got it back up and running. Wonder why that happened?..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks svl7! I look forward to downloading the vbios for my 880ms (still need the 5 posts); hopefully they give me options to solve my temperature issues.

In my Sager NP9377 with dual 880ms my main card often maxes out and does minor (down to 900MHz) throttling at 93c. The fans are loud but I'm not sure they're maxed out. I've heard talk that maybe I can undervolt the card without lowering the clocks? I've tried to search and it's hard to find the most modern statement on the matter, but easy to find thousands of posts about the 880m heat issues.

I have opened up the laptop and blown out all the dust, and it looks very clean inside. So, if anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to improve the situation I would be very greatful (or even just a testimony that maybe svl7's vbios fix the problem would give me peace of mind)!

I would love to even be able to overclock them a little bit, given that some games are starting to come out that the two 880ms can't handle, but honestly I must be dreaming, as I already have major temperature issues :P

Thanks to anyone who can help and a special thanks to svl7!

Thanks for this I just recently started noticing the throttling issues on my 880m and have now started looking into fixing it. When I bought my custom rig the 880 was a beast and to see it constantly throttling down the way it does really is annoying. Ill think twice about trusting nvidia again.

I just received the K5000m in mail today.

Got on eBay the other day for $200. -20$ (there was coupon) and 8% eBay bucks. The cost was down to $164 after all.

The guy still has some really nice Quadro M cards like K4100m, K3100m, K5000m and etc for a really tempting price.

Hi SL7v,

can you mod me a vBios from my HP8770w Notebook - there is a HP Quadro K4000M integrated...when i'm back in my office i'll grab the bios from it with GPU-And post it here...

Thanks bro :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

===============================

Here the original vBios from my HP8770W:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10955106/HP_K4000M_80.04.33.00.2F_from_HP8770W.rom.7z.html

post-5421-14495000906827_thumb.jpg

I#ve allready flashed your submitted modified Dell K4000M Bios - but i'm still not able to overclock the GPU for more than +135MHz - Afterburner set this to max overlocking Limit...

• Brian featured this topic