NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Update version of your GPU-Z from 0.8.2 to 0.8.4

I did that but unfortunately the problem stays the same :-/

It still tells me "BIOS reading not supported on this device.".

Is there any other program to save the VBIOS to a file or any idea how to get GPU-Z to save the VBIOS?

• Bios Modder
I did that but unfortunately the problem stays the same :-/

It still tells me "BIOS reading not supported on this device.".

Is there any other program to save the VBIOS to a file or any idea how to get GPU-Z to save the VBIOS?

Try use Nvflash to save the VBIOS. Also try before save vbios, disable NVIDIA card in Windows Device Manager. Also you can try uninstall NVIDIA drivers, before save vbios.

This is for you.

Thank you very much!!!! :)

Unfortunately I have another problem now.

I used to make an bootable USB flash drive as it is described in the NVIDIA VBIOS flashing guide - http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

Then I downloaded the latest version of nvflash and extracted the files to the usb flash drive and also copied the VBIOS rom file you modded to it.

So there are 2 folders from the nvflash extraction, the folder "x64" and "x84" and the VBIOS rom on it.

After this I rebooted the system and went to the boot manager and set the USB flash drive on the top of the boot order.

After the USB flash drive was booted I typed in "dir" and pressed enter.

This worked so far but as I typed in "nvflash -a" or "nvflash --list" it said "Bad command or file name".

Also by trying to make an VBIOS backup with the command "nvflash -b filename.rom" it said "Bad command or file name".

Do I have to disable the card in the Windows Device Manager again or is it another problem or mistake I made?

• Bios Modder
Thank you very much!!!! :)

Unfortunately I have another problem now.

I used to make an bootable USB flash drive as it is described in the NVIDIA VBIOS flashing guide - http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

Then I downloaded the latest version of nvflash and extracted the files to the usb flash drive and also copied the VBIOS rom file you modded to it.

So there are 2 folders from the nvflash extraction, the folder "x64" and "x84" and the VBIOS rom on it.

After this I rebooted the system and went to the boot manager and set the USB flash drive on the top of the boot order.

After the USB flash drive was booted I typed in "dir" and pressed enter.

This worked so far but as I typed in "nvflash -a" or "nvflash --list" it said "Bad command or file name".

Also by trying to make an VBIOS backup with the command "nvflash -b filename.rom" it said "Bad command or file name".

Do I have to disable the card in the Windows Device Manager again or is it another problem or mistake I made?

Just copy all files from folder "x64" directly to the root of your bootable USB flash drive, and try again.

• Bios Modder
Now it said "Program cannot be run in DOS mode".

Do you have another idea?

Of course it will said "Program cannot be run in DOS mode". Now you tried use Windows version of Nvflash in DOS mode! It is mistake! Just find and download DOS version of Nvflash, or flash with your version in Windows.

Just copy all files from folder "x64" directly to the root of your bootable USB flash drive, and try again.

I got it. The problem was the nvflash version. First I used to use a windows version of nvflash. The problem is that a helping tool (CWSDPMI.exe) was missing.

As I found out I was looking for a DOS version and downloaded it but I got the same message again. So I downloaded many different DOS versions from various sites but no version solved the problem.

Finally I found this thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/3827-latest-nvflash-windows-dos.html

The DOS version here worked like a charm!

Thank you very much for your help Klem!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

what are the max safe clocks for oc'ing my gtx 675mx by using the kepler bios editor?

It depends on your system. If you have no cooling problems, the system is stable and the temps of your card are still ok while using tools like 3DMark to test your configuration then you can go higher. You can check for the temps with GPU-Z.

When you reach a point where the system isn't stable anymore or your card gets to hot I would recommend lowering the last stable clocks a bit for safety and using this configuration.

Hello,

I just flashed the 660m ghz edition on my m17xR4. It seems that software locks in oc-software are still active... Is it normal? I also have the new bios with uefi support if someone needs it. Are there any ov edition 660m vbios with unlocked sliders? Asking this a second time since I am still interested in an answer. Maybe someone could make an overclock of the uefi supported version that I can upload?

Hello,

I just flashed the 660m ghz edition on my m17xR4. It seems that software locks in oc-software are still active... Is it normal? I also have the new bios with uefi support if someone needs it. Are there any ov edition 660m vbios with unlocked sliders? Asking this a second time since I am still interested in an answer. Maybe someone could make an overclock of the uefi supported version that I can upload?

Try using a different NVidia driver. Some NVidia drivers went through a period of blocking overclocking - try the latest NVidia driver on the NVidia website. (Although it may have just blocked Maxwell GPUs, eg 980M, but can't remember exactly, but might be worth trying a different NVidia driver anyway).

I have an Alienware 17 R5 with GTX 780m. I have recently found performance has decreased. GPU-Z sensors are at 405Mhz for GPU and 400Mhz for memory at max, while running FurMark. I have never overclocked or flashed a different BIOS. Current BIOS version is 80.04.AF.00.03 (P2053-0001). Could this modified VBIOS resolve this issue or is the graphic card possibly faulty? Are there any other tests I could try? Thanks in advance for any help with this:)

Hi everyone:)

I tried to post yesterday but doesn't seem to have gone through..

I have an Alienware 17 R5 with GTX780M graphic card. I have recently noticed the performance has dropped.

Have found with GPU-Z that I'm only getting maximum clock speeds of 405Mhz for GPU and 400Mhz for memory. I have never flashed the VBIOS before and never overclocked the card.

I was wondering if anyone had similar issues and if flashing with the unlocked VBIOS would resolve this issue? Or could the graphic card just be faulty?

Thanks in advance for any help with this:)

Hi everyone:)

I tried to post yesterday but doesn't seem to have gone through..

I have an Alienware 17 R5 with GTX780M graphic card. I have recently noticed the performance has dropped.

Have found with GPU-Z that I'm only getting maximum clock speeds of 405Mhz for GPU and 400Mhz for memory. I have never flashed the VBIOS before and never overclocked the card.

I was wondering if anyone had similar issues and if flashing with the unlocked VBIOS would resolve this issue? Or could the graphic card just be faulty?

Thanks in advance for any help with this:)

Have you cleaned it out? It could be overheating. That is the first throttle speed.

Have you cleaned it out? It could be overheating. That is the first throttle speed.

Thanks for reply. Yes I have cleaned out heatsink, fan and also applied MX4 thermal compound. It doesn't seem to be overheating.

ok so I finally got it downloaded and after I flashed the new vbios on to both off my 880m I cannot get into windows I get the loading bar then a blue screen then reboot. I also cannot get into the bios on startup. anyone know what I need to do? they are both dell 880m. I will paypal 50$ to the first person that can figure out the problem. And have the proper solution to the fix.

i got the y510p, i'd like to know if there is some kind of procedure to make it not freeze on games like cs:go, after freezing the gpu clock looses memory and the game starts getting huge fps drops thus i have to restart the SLI in order for it to work normally again

Thanks for reply. Yes I have cleaned out heatsink, fan and also applied MX4 thermal compound. It doesn't seem to be overheating.

I have also selected "prefer maximum performance" under settings in NVIDIA control panel but clock speeds still remain throttled.

Hi guys, im a g75v owner and i wanted to increase my gpu voltage, unfortunatly i couldnt get my vbios to mod it since it's a laptop and the vbios is contained in the bios. Wich tool should i use to get my vbios ? Or how could i increase my gpu voltage ?

Try using a different NVidia driver. Some NVidia drivers went through a period of blocking overclocking - try the latest NVidia driver on the NVidia website. (Although it may have just blocked Maxwell GPUs, eg 980M, but can't remember exactly, but might be worth trying a different NVidia driver anyway).

Thank you for the reply. This is the latest nvidia driver and the oc edition did unlock software limits without a problem. Its seems to be an issue with just the ghz edition even reinstalling different drivers does not help. My guess would be that the ghz edition does not have unlocked software limits.

• Brian featured this topic