NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

The only modification that i did after i did what you have told me i put video to peg. Couse if ill let the default integrated won't let the dedicated card to install

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So... the guy that i purchased it from is saying that the gtx 880m that he gave me is a alienware m17 r5 replacement.... if i flash the 880m oc edition from the second post of svl7 should I reinstall windows because of the blue screen or that will not be be resolved by installing the windows?

the same :([ATTACH=CONFIG]15229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15230[/ATTACH]

I don't think you listened to my post, you have temperature problems (amoungst other issues) with your card. GPUz is showing about 70 degC when idle in some of your previous screenshots - that's too high. Investigate repadding your heatsink like I mentioned to you in my last post. Secondly, don't use Furmark to validate what's happening with your cards - it's a power virus & NVidia automatically throttle the cards when they detect it running, so it's just not a useful test. Thirdly, your card is behaving weirdly with throttling clocks, I suggest you revert to the stock vBIOS you were using then retest things like 3DMark11, etc, while monitoring your clocks & temperatures with GPUz. Actually, reverting to the stock vBIOS you had is what I would do first, then I'd test 3DMark11 while using GPUz, and depending on the results and what you saw in GPUz I would then repad the card. Klem gave you some good advice about how to install the NVidia drivers properly using DDU.

EDIT: did your card ever work properly when you were using the stock vBIOS? If it didn't then there's probably other reasons for why your card is not working properly, like too much heat, but you would need to show that using GPUz when at load.

post-36504-1449500029242_thumb.gif

using 3dmark 11 and stock vbios... i have tryed all tips that you guys gave me .... nothing.

now the card it is staying in 54 and doing anything.

when using 3dmark i noticed that when the first benchmark is starting i have 50 fps and after 1 sec it drops to 20 ~ 14. At the same time when it drops gpuz is showing perfcap reason PWR and green bar....

the max temp was 80.

i repasted cleaned and change thermal pads....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15235[/ATTACH]

using 3dmark 11 and stock vbios... i have tryed all tips that you guys gave me .... nothing.

now the card it is staying in 54 and doing anything.

when using 3dmark i noticed that when the first benchmark is starting i have 50 fps and after 1 sec it drops to 20 ~ 14. At the same time when it drops gpuz is showing perfcap reason PWR and green bar....

the max temp was 80.

i repasted cleaned and change thermal pads....

Good stuff. That's very strange though, Perfcap PWR means that it thinks it's reaching the TDP limits of the vBIOS, but that shouldn't happen during 3DMark11 and shouldn't make the clocks throttle dramatically while at 100% load as is shown in your GPUz screenshot. Some of the latest drivers have proven to have weird power limitations & throttling issues with some systems, I suggest you try an earlier driver, try using DDU, and then install 327.23 drivers - it seems that those don't include any limitations based on this thread I found:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/754922/nvidia-crippling-the-gtx-880ms-with-there-new-drivers-look-for-a-nvidia-response-/

I believe you should be able to use some of the later drivers with no issue too, but I have read that some of the latest drivers have been causing strange throttling problems, but I'd try 327.23 driver after a DDU clean to just rule out that it's not the drivers causing your issue. Yep, so install that driver & do the same testing, see what happens.

Ty for the advice.... in fact right now i am teinstaling windows. I have 7 home premium and putting a ultimate fresh install.... the doind the ddu and hopping to be ok... i allready put it for sell and buying a 780m if i will not be able to do anything untill I'll sell it l.

Ty for the advice.... in fact right now i am teinstaling windows. I have 7 home premium and putting a ultimate fresh install.... the doind the ddu and hopping to be ok... i allready put it for sell and buying a 780m if i will not be able to do anything untill I'll sell it l.

Try 327.23 driver too, then if that's ok, then try one of the later drivers (ideally you wanna use the later drivers for compatibility with games, but for testing purposes useful to try 327.23 driver if later ones create throttling).

• Bios Modder

May be your heatsink for your old card, and doesn't completely compatible with your new 880M.

Hey Svl7 ,

I wanted to PM you since i downloaded the unlocked Vbios for the 880m but it doenst match my bios ID vendor on my gtx 880m :(

could you send me a pm with a email adress where i could send my stock bios tho ?

already thanks !

No... that diver does not work... it doesn't detect my gpu. I cannot find a good moded inf for it. Do you have a link

You could get a modified inf from this site that I've used in the past (but this very second the site seems to be down, was working yesterday):

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

Of you can mod the inf yourself by adding the strings of your card and system to the inf file. I do that, and I just find a similar system in the inf & then replace my strings into it. Laptopvideo2go is a simpler solution though.

Download... edited ... not recognizing. 1 ootion didnt find it

the modded inf's include all the latest GPUs so your machine should be covered. See if you can find some guides on how to modify your own inf - there's some here on Tech Inferno by j95, and there's probably some on notebookreview forums. I taught myself how to mod them by just knowing what my strings are - seen in Device Manager, and then working out where to paste them into the inf.

EDIT: You have the R3, the same as me, I modify the nvdmi.inf file and replace the M17xR4 680M (11A0.0551) strings with M17xR3 670MX (11A1.0490) strings, you could do something similar, the section numbers will be different though from driver to driver, I don't change them when replacing the strings:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0551.1028%= Section345, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05511028

replacewith:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A1.0490.1028%= Section345, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A1&SUBSYS_04901028

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0551.1028%= Section346, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05511028

replacewith:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A1.0490.1028%= Section346, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A1&SUBSYS_04901028

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0551.1028%= Section347, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05511028

replacewith:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A1.0490.1028%= Section347, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A1&SUBSYS_04901028

NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0551.1028= "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M "

replacewith:

NVIDIA_DEV.11A1.0490.1028= "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX "

Hi I hope you are still around to help me with my problem. I have an Alienware Geforce 880m 8GB and I want to install it in Clevo P170SM. I have installed the drivers with modifying nvdmi.inf but I am not getting any performance out of the card May me the stupid Optimus technology is not letting my Nvidia play its part.

Please assist can I use your bios mod to update my card and use it in Clevo.

Thanks in advance

What I need to download bios to tweak its GTX 765 in Clevo ?? I have to choose 2 and did not know which will be good someone Point to me , and tell wherein they differ from one another

??

File Type: zip Dell 765m - 80.06.61.00.01 - ' OC Edition ' ( AW 17) - v00.zip ( 129.5 KB , 83 views )

File Type: zip Dell 765m - 80.06.64.00.01 " OC Edition " ( AW 14) .zip (121.1 KB , 118 views )

Well... the most of the time is thermal throttling and a some pwr throttling every now and then....

So 327.23 fixed your power throttling for the most part (you could experiment using some of the later drivers too, to see which ones don't throttle but yet give you good game compatibility with the latest games). Your 3DMar11 score seems a bit low still though because I get the same score as you with my 670MX - might be the thermal throttling you mentioned. What was the Graphics Score you got in 3DMark11 (not the P score)? You should get in the region of 8500 for the Graphics Score.

What card did you upgrade from - that will determine whether you have the 75W or 100W heatsink. The only difference between the two is that there is a bit more copper on the 100W heatsink, and less aluminium - they're both 3 pipe heatsinks. I'm using the 75W heatsink on my overclocked GPU, and it's fine, but your 880M will be drawing more power. I'd make sure you've got 580M/675M heatsink, part numbers found in the following thread, and you'll need to make sure you're using an NVidia X-bracket, as the post heights are different to the AMD X-brackets which will affect the amount of pressure received on your GPU core from the heatsink:

*OFFICIAL* M17x R3 Owner's Lounge Thread - Part 3 | NotebookReview

The heatsink part number I think you want is V1K2G

I upgraded from gtx 560m. I was thinking to buy that model and to put liquid ultra. I think ill get the score after ill reaolve the temp throttling. The score increased fron 4000 to 6669 after the driver

• Brian featured this topic