NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hello svl7, I come to you with a slight issue. I have been wanting to re flash my GTX880m in my GT70 bare-bones ordered from Xotic PC. However the Modified bios that you have made for the (GTX880m) was based of the Clevo card bios, not the MSi card bios. I know it says in your description that the 880m bios would work for any manufacturer but I can assure you that statement is false! Reason being the Clevo bios is twice the size of the MSi bios. Setting off an alarm for me. However, I still tried it to no avail. The flash was successful, but windows did not recognize my card. So could you please do me a favor and modify the attached bios for me? Everything unlocked of course, including voltage.

MSi Stock Bios: MSI.GTX880M.8192.131219.zip

- - - Updated - - -

yes, got type/comatibility mismatches warnings from nvflash before updating but i flashed with -6 parameter. windows reported device error until i reflashed to original bios.

i have an ivy-GT70, seems to be different from haswell or/and from clevo. maybe a bios problem. i hope someone has reliable information about that.

THANK YOU. We need it to be knows that the Clevo vBios will not work with the MSi vBios.

• Bios Modder
Hello svl7, I come to you with a slight issue. I have been wanting to re flash my GTX880m in my GT70 bare-bones ordered from Xotic PC. However the Modified bios that you have made for the (GTX880m) was based of the Clevo card bios, not the MSi card bios. I know it says in your description that the 880m bios would work for any manufacturer but I can assure you that statement is false! Reason being the Clevo bios is twice the size of the MSi bios. Setting off an alarm for me. However, I still tried it to no avail. The flash was successful, but windows did not recognize my card. So could you please do me a favor and modify the attached bios for me? Everything unlocked of course, including voltage.

MSi Stock Bios: [ATTACH]15069[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU. We need it to be knows that the Clevo vBios will not work with the MSi vBios.

Mod vbios for MSI GTX 880M, based on your stock vbios.

MSI.GTX880M.8192.131219.zip

• Thumbs Up 3

Mod vbios for MSI GTX 880M.

this upload solved my problem. many thanks for that fast response! tested all p-stages with gpu-tool. everyting works fine now with 344.75 whql driver.

stresstest under P0 shows that card hast potential for 1100Mhz and more but 92 degree temp limit was already reached with 1000Mhz and normal cooling (which is loud enough for me).

much more interesting for my needs is the P8 level. it is possible to raise gpu and mem to 800Mhz. which means a lot of power even in this lowest and energy efficient level and a cool and silently running notebook while forcing this level with nividia inspector. gaming up to mid range level is possible without significant limitations compared to the performance mode.

update: tried some oc with the 8GB hynix mem. seems that the limitation of the memory is beyond unbelievable 3200Mhz without artifacts (tested not further to avoid any damage). i did an unigine heaven bench with stock mem 2,5Ghz and oc 3,1Ghz mem (with a nicely increased bandwidth of 200GB/s). framerate increased from 37 to 42 fps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to give you a giant thanks. After hearing about the GPU throttling on the 880M, while wanting to upgrade my 780M to a 880M on my M17x R4 I looked around the web and stumbled on your vbios quite often. I did some test with an Alienware 17 at wor.kWith gpu-z running, I noticed the PerfCap reason was there. I ran valley benchmark and I noticed the card kept getting capped at ~840Mhz and temps down to 65C and the PerfCap was always "Pwr". I flashed the vBIOS with your modified version and re-ran the exact same setup. This time the card tops @ 994Mhz, temps around 84C at max and the perfcap remains unchanged along with a quite noticable performance boost.

Really appreciate the work you've put in there, most likely going to install that card in my system in a few days!

And yea, before anyone ask, we sell and repair Dell systems here so that's the reason I have available cards and systems to test up stuff before anything :)

Hello im new here,

I currently own a Medion X7821 with 2gig 680m graphics card, i dont know much about hardware overclocking but ive seen there is a 4gig verison of the card, so im curious is there anyway of pushing my 2gig ram physically higher?

Hello im new here,

I currently own a Medion X7821 with 2gig 680m graphics card, i dont know much about hardware overclocking but ive seen there is a 4gig verison of the card, so im curious is there anyway of pushing my 2gig ram physically higher?

No

[ATTACH]15217[/ATTACH

post-36504-14495000283771_thumb.gif]

Please help me with this 880m:( it's heating and throttling like hell:(( 3rdnark 11 4000 points. can someone send me to modify my bios:( it is a gtx 880m 8 gb, i think it is from msi couse it is the only one that i could flash and not give me blue screen... i have installed the vbios from the second post the 880 8gb OC and i get blue screen when it's loading windows :(. i am desperate:((.

i mounted the gtx 880m into alienware m17x r3 A12 unlocked bios

ORIGINAL ROM.zip

post-36504-1449500028285_thumb.png

[ATTACH]15217[/ATTACH

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15219[/ATTACH]]

Please help me with this 880m:( it's heating and throttling like hell:(( 3rdnark 11 4000 points. can someone send me to modify my bios:( it is a gtx 880m 8 gb, i think it is from msi couse it is the only one that i could flash and not give me blue screen... i have installed the vbios from the second post the 880 8gb OC and i get blue screen when it's loading windows :(. i am desperate:((.

i mounted the gtx 880m into alienware m17x r3 A12 unlocked bios

It sounds like using a different vBIOS is not your answer, I think you need to sort out the heat problem. The heatsink needs to be padded up accurately so that the chips are covered, but the pads need to be the right height to allow the heatsink to sit flat on the GPU core. I think you should try re-padding your heatsink & repasting the GPU core. (Obviously check you haven't got dust blocking the heatsink - use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust). Also use GPUz to check what the temperatures and clocks are doing during gaming or running benchmarks so that you can uderstand what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 2

It sounds like using a different vBIOS is not your answer, I think you need to sort out the heat problem. The heatsink needs to be padded up accurately so that the chips are covered, but the pads need to be the right height to allow the heatsink to sit flat on the GPU core. I think you should try re-padding your heatsink & repasting the GPU core. (Obviously check you haven't got dust blocking the heatsink - use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust). Also use GPUz to check what the temperatures and clocks are doing during gaming or running benchmarks so that you can uderstand what's going on.

i think it's the power not getting enought.... i have 240w adaptor :(post-36504-14495000284221_thumb.gif

also i tryed a new vbios of someone from 2 or 3 pages backward the original one ... no change:((

post-36504-14495000284009_thumb.gif

Ok, just take a deep breath. I wasn't blaming you. Just letting you know that the power brick is plenty for normal use. Many laptops in that same class use a 180w power brick with no issues.

So, you put am MSI 880m on your Alienware?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well... the guys that i bought it from was saying that is dell/alienware... and selling it as new... Buump ... was refurbished and when i tryed to put the dell 880m vbios from the sec post of svl7. .. bluescreen ... and the only one that worked was the one from.msi:(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Bios Modder
i think it's the power not getting enought.... i have 240w adaptor :([ATTACH=CONFIG]15220[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15221[/ATTACH]

also i tryed a new vbios of someone from 2 or 3 pages backward the original one ... no change:((

Can you run any 3D load in window mode, and then (after 3-5 min) make the same screenshots?

Can you run any 3D load in window mode, and then (after 3-5 min) make the same screenshots?

when i made the above screenshot i was running in the background tera online.... when it iddles it looks like this post-36504-14495000284768_thumb.gif

• Bios Modder
when i made the above screenshot i was running in the background tera online.... when it iddles it looks like this [ATTACH=CONFIG]15224[/ATTACH]

Look at your screenshots. In GPU Load box we can see only 0% and 1%. But i want look at same screenshot where in GPU Load box we can see 90% or more.

Look at your screenshots. In GPU Load box we can see only 0% and 1%. But i want look at same screenshot where in GPU Load box we can see 90% or more.

here it is :( furmark is working like crap ( marior reloded ) :((( like any other game:(post-36504-14495000287599_thumb.png

post-36504-14495000286488_thumb.png

• Bios Modder
here it is :( furmark is working like crap ( marior reloded ) :((( like any other game:([ATTACH=CONFIG]15227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15228[/ATTACH]

I think you need check next things:

1. Windows power plan ->Max Performance.

2. Nvidia Control Panel ->Power ->Max Performance

3. Download DDU( Nvidia drivers uninstaller), run it and complitly uninstall Nvidia drivers. Then download and install the latest Nvidia driver 353.06 with option "Clean install".

4. Go in bios setup menu, and on the last page "Save and Exit" set to "Default Settings", then F10 to save, then Enter.

5. Disable laptop, unplug(disconnect) power adapter, unplug(disconnect) battery, then push and hold power on button(2-3 times). Then connect the battery, connect power adapter, and start laptop.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic