NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Which is the best choice of the CLEVO versions of the vBIOS listed in the zip files?

I have actually been running on the first svl7 bios all along for about 2 years just cause I didn't see the zips listed in the second post. (Thought he always edited original post with latest version). Anyway. Now I am gonna re flash to either one of the OV versions 34.00.10 or Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (112.8 KB, 399 views)

But I honestly have no clue as to the difference of 34.00.10 and 67.00.01. My logic says 67 has a higher number i.e. it's a later version?

I also like to know differences if I go for 1.000V or 1.050V?

I hate choices lol! I thought I have been running it on the only modded vBIOS there was for a long time now only to find out there are about 6 more I can use? At the end of the day I wan't the games to stop crashing like they have been while I have been running it on the first version witch IMO shouldn't be able to download since the creator himself have ruled it out as flawed.

Hello everyone,

I own a PowerPro R 11:36-560 (MSI 937-16F231-004) based on the MS-16F2-ID1 platform. My old GPU died and a while ago I received a Dell (Alienware) used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

Since then I am struggling to make them work together. When I got it, I installed the GPU with the modified heatsink, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit and hearing the Win log in sound in the background). Since then I have tried everything I could think of to make them work.

I finally connected the laptop to an external monitor and it worked with the Nvidia driver installed.

I also tried modding the Nvidia driver, following the indications here: The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread | NotebookReview

Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.

Thanks to an user on the MSI forum and to the people at Power Notebooks, I identified the problem as being a BIOS incompatibility between the MSI motherboard and the Dell MXM.

I have a MS-16F2-ID1 platform, with this BIOS:

BIOS Version: E16F2IMT.300

BIOS Build: 05/31/2011

EC Version 16F2EG61 Ver4.22

EC Build 04/21/2011

and a Dell (Alienware) GTX 660M video card with original VBIOS that are currently not fully compatible with each other.

By looking around I have found:

- the VBIOS for the Dell GTX 660M here: VGA Bios Collection: Dell GTX 660M 2048 MB | techPowerUp

- a slightly more recent BIOS for my PowerPro R 11:36-560 MSI 937-16F231-004 here: MSI Global - The best gaming gears maker in the world

- that the MSI GE60 0ND laptop used to come with the GTX 660M GPU with its BIOS here: MSI Global - The best gaming gears maker in the world 64

I understand for that the two components to work I have to either find, create, or find somebody that can make a modified vBIOS for the Dell GTX 660M GPU that will make it compatible with my laptop. Or, I could change the BIOS of my laptop in such a way that it would ID the 660M Dell MXM.

This is where I am right now and I have no idea what to do next. I searched and read numerous threads and that got me to post here for help. If anyone could help me make my laptop work again, I would greatly appreciate it. Any help of any kind is more than welcome.

Thank you,

Fox

Hello, I wanted to make a backup of my VBIOS with NVFLASH , but it is not. He does nothing at all I have to start again the notebook. When I enter the command NVFLASH -e or NVFLASH -list , and nothing happens and the notebook must also restart again . What can this be? Since I do not trust myself to flash the new VBIOS .

same problem here,

can some1 help pls?

• Bios Modder
same problem here,

can some1 help pls?

You should carefuly read first post of this thread, then disable Nvidia GPU in Device manager. And of course use only special version of nvflash from first page of this thread.

Hi,

I got a GTX 680m from ebay and I thought is was a Dell. I replaced my ATI FirePro 8900 in my Dell M6600 with this one and flashed the Dell vbios from svl7.

I installed the driver with a modded inf and anything works well.

After that, I wanted to check the difference betwen the orginal bios and the modded vbios from svl7 and saw that the original bios was a MSI....

I tested some benchmarks and the card is throtteling at 77C. Checked with HWInfo, HW_Monitor and GPU-Z. Is that normal?

Is it a problem when I use the Dell vbios (2GB card) on this MSI (4GB card)?

Thanks for help!

greetings

eby

• Bios Modder
Hi,

I got a GTX 680m from ebay and I thought is was a Dell. I replaced my ATI FirePro 8900 in my Dell M6600 with this one and flashed the Dell vbios from svl7.

I installed the driver with a modded inf and anything works well.

After that, I wanted to check the difference betwen the orginal bios and the modded vbios from svl7 and saw that the original bios was a MSI....

I tested some benchmarks and the card is throtteling at 77C. Checked with HWInfo, HW_Monitor and GPU-Z. Is that normal?

Is it a problem when I use the Dell vbios (2GB card) on this MSI (4GB card)?

Thanks for help!

greetings

eby

Your new card from MSI, Clevo or Dell? 4Gb or 2Gb? On stock vbios you also seen trottling? Post here screenshot of GPU-Z.

Your new card from MSI, Clevo or Dell? 4Gb or 2Gb? On stock vbios you also seen trottling? Post here screenshot of GPU-Z.

Well that's the question. I don't know for sure, but the original bios was a MSI and the card have memory chips also on the backside.

I had problems to install the driver on Win 7, thats why I flashed the Dell vbios (I thought it is a Dell card). So I don't know if it is also throtteling on stock vbios.

Original vbios:

post-34627-14494999752943_thumb.gif

GPU-Z with Dell vbios:

post-34627-14494999753259_thumb.gif

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I have a Clevo P150 on a gtx675mx. My main game is CSGO and because of optimus I can only get around 80FPS using about 30% of GPU capacity. My question is: If I flash the OC vbios will I be able to force gpu utilization by increasing voltage?

Thx.

• Bios Modder
Well that's the question. I don't know for sure, but the original bios was a MSI and the card have memory chips also on the backside.

I had problems to install the driver on Win 7, thats why I flashed the Dell vbios (I thought it is a Dell card). So I don't know if it is also throtteling on stock vbios.

Original vbios:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14531[/ATTACH]

GPU-Z with Dell vbios:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14532[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your help!

If your card have 4Gb memory, you should use only 4Gb vbios. Try flash another vbios for 4Gb cards from first page of this thread. Or from this link: Video Bios Collection | techPowerUp

If your card have 4Gb memory, you should use only 4Gb vbios. Try flash another vbios for 4Gb cards from first page of this thread. Or from this link: Video Bios Collection | techPowerUp

Thanks for the link!

I will try that and see if it is still throttle at 77C.

I'm right when I think it is only using the upper side memory chips when I use the 2GB vbios? Because I think the memory chips on the back side don't get cooling in Dell M6600? Or don't they need cooling at all?

Hello again,

I’ve installed a GTX 660M GPU from an Alienware in my custom laptop based on the MS16F2 platform, after my original GPU died. Since then I’ve been having a compatibility problem between them, the screen is black in Windows after installing the Nvidia driver. I've asked everywhere for a solution to my problem described in detail here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/9527-gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.html

The few people that answered in the forums and the people I have bought my laptop from told me me that a possible fix to my problem could be „flashing the GPU with a compatible vBIOS”.

I have asked Svet on the MSI forum, and he told me that this would not be a solution in this case, and that chances to brick my card would be very high.

I trust what he told me, but I would like to have a second opinion on this if anyone is willing to. Also, if anyone has a solution, I would be more than grateful.

Thank you,

Fox

Guys, where can I get the ORIGINAL/STOCK vbios for the NP9370 / P370EM 680M SLi?

UPDATE: Found http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?architecture=NVIDIA&manufacturer=&model=GTX+680M&interface=&memType=&memSize=

So, which one do you guys recommend?

Clevo

Nvidia

They are all from 2012

The newset is from 2012-09-12 00:00:00. It's Clevo and Nvidia 80.04.67.00.01

• 2 weeks later...

New here, Have a sager/clevo 8268-s/150sm-a with the 870m. I have enjoyed creeping the forums but have yet to find my answer, but this is the closest I have came. Been recently tinkering with my laptop since shes about a year old. I flashed Prema mod V1 flawlessly and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far (THANK YOU PREMA BTW!) however wanted to get into OC'ing a little. Is it imperative to have a modded vBIOS as well? Never had to deal with such as my last desktop was easy to OC with just BIOS mod, TY in advance

• Bios Modder
Hi all, I have a CLEVO 770m on a MSI GT70. I have vBIOS version 80.06.54.00.11 installed on the 51X Bios. What should I download? Drivers are crashing upon trying to render graphics.

Please help!

You can try use MSI 770m - 80.06.54.00.11 'OC edition' - rev02 from first page of this thread.

is there anyone here with the MSI GS60 with 860M kepler? If so can you tell me if you've tried the 860M VBios here and has it improved performance much? And what about temps? Only ask because I'm getting around 2900 on 3Dmark Firestrike (not extreme) and it seems a bit low. Tried another modded VBios and I barely got just a few points more. Thanks :)

• Bios Modder
Hey guys. Just had a question about the y510p BIOS. If I flash the BIOS with an unlocked version, I would still need to flash vBIOS on the ultrabay GPU? Sorry, a bit new here :S

Yes.

• Brian featured this topic