NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

They never went through with it? What a shame, I thought that was the reason the Maxwell chips were failing, oh well.

Someone needs to make an update here:

GeForce 900 series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I never saw where they said they weren't going to include an ARM chip.

Haha, yes, I guess this is one occasion where you can't believe everything you read in Wikipedia!

I bought a 860M with slv7 modded vBIOS. The card is currently working in my M17x R2.

Thing is... whenever I boot up the system the screen is white and than it shows vBIOS info and such.

Also when Windows turns off display during idle time, the display instead of turning off becomes fully white.

Any ideas?

Update:

I've tried a bunch of drivers, none of them work. The issue is present even with drivers removed and using generic Windows drivers.

Here is what I know so far:

- the issue is only present on my laptop display, never on my other 2 external displays

- if i take out the battery, remove power cord and power up the laptop, I will never get the white screen until I reach Windows

- I think it's the way the video card interacts with the display because I know that if I unhook the laptop display from the motherboard during operation, the display will turn white.

- so technically, if the video card completely cuts out the video signal to the display, then the display will turn white. I think this is the case.

- however, I didn't have this problem with my 675M

So I think this could be a vBIOS fix. Maybe when the video card enters the lowest power states, then the display turns off...

hello everyone.

I have a nvidia 680m 4 gb with bios version 80.04.29.00.01 on alienware m17x r4.

can I flash this card with another vbios in the list (es.80.04.33.00.10 OCedition revised 01 OV-1.025v)?

I would like a higher vcore.

thanks for the reply.

hello everyone.

I have a nvidia 680m 4 gb with bios version 80.04.29.00.01 on alienware m17x r4.

can I flash this card with another vbios in the list (es.80.04.33.00.10 OCedition revised 01 OV-1.025v)?

I would like a higher vcore.

thanks for the reply.

Yes, I think you can flash that one - the one you're referring to is for the Clevo 680M 4GB card, which seems to the be the card you have, (Dell didn't do a 4GB 680M so yours must be Clevo). I think you'll be fine flashing the one you've chosen.

I know this is probably a stupid question guys but just to be safe im going to ask. I am going to flash the vbios of my gtx 765m sli in my Alienware 18 (ALW18). In the download section on the first post there are only alw14 and alw17 listed. Im not exactly sure which one I should use to flash the vbios. Should I use the ALw17 one or are both available vbioses not compatible?

Does this 780m vbios work for the Asus G750JH? Or if not, is there any way around the 135mhz cap?

There is a dedicated Thread for the 780M ASUS :D

Try to see if Klem can send you the vbios.

You should post at least 5 useful answers before claiming it, its not a lot to ask compared to the high quality of service here :)

Here is the Thread :

http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/4638-overclocking-asus-g750jh-gtx780m-5.html

I have yet to flash vBios which Klem wrote or svl7's. Does Klem's vBios work well for you? Can you please upload your new GPU-z screenshoots?

- - - Updated - - -

Many thx for your Support ! Driver Reinstall has fix this Problem :Banane09:

I have yet to flash vBios which Klem wrote or svl7's. Does Klem's vBios work well for you? Can you please upload your new GPU-z screenshoots?

yes, works great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14367[/ATTACH]

but more than 1006Mhz Corefrequence is not possible without raise up the voltage.

Thanks for the quick answer! That's wonderful, I am really excited about flashing this vBios to mine GPU too. I wasn't aware that GTX 870M still have headroom for that kind of OC. 6000 effective memory is pretty good. Does 1006 Mhz core clock frequence drop in certain games? I have this problem with original vBios but I think it has to related with boost feature so I don't think you have this problem because of disabled boost. Also, do you raise your power target limit or is it raised by default? I have throttling issues due to max TDP limit. GPU-z's PerfCap Reason shows that GPU throttles due to limited by total power limit (green lines).

Flashed and success! Many thanks to Klem for sharing vBios for GTX 870M and iTzZent for helping. Everything is good so far. I got 8105 GPU score in 3DMark 11, also 71.6 FPS in Tomb Raider at Ultra settings. The temp still doesn't exceed 87 celsius same as before! The performance is pretty same as desktop GTX 660 Ti.

• Bios Modder
Can anyone help ? I do not know exactly what the BIOS is for the 4GB version and without Vcore increase . I will only raise the clock . I hev Clevo P150EM

Please, read carefuly the first page of this thread, and you get all info what you ask.

"Clevo GTX 680m (4GB version) vbios:

• 'OCedition' revised -> higher limits for software overclocking, stock default clocks. For P1xxHM based systems I recommend only using version 80.04.29.00.01 !! Some users reported issue with other vbios versions (stock or modified, doesn't matter). EM users make sure you're on the latest BIOS / EC
  • same with increased 3d voltage ('OV') -> refer to the file name (Same warning as above applies to P1xxHM users)."

Hi, I have a problem, my display driver contentiously stop responding only when i play games. My card is GTX 680M 4GB (Clevo). I tried the OV version here and flashed it however it did not fix my issue.

Many solution online suggest increase in voltage to fix this issue, however, I noticed that the OC bios here has the default voltage set. Hence i would like to ask if anyone could bump up the voltage for this card or unlock the voltage control for this card and post a bios? I have tried to do it myself using NiBiTor, but it does not recognize the bios (No gtx 680m option). Any help? Attached is the original vbios of my GTX 680m 4GB (Cleovo)

Origianl vbios GTX 680m.zip

Hello, I wanted to make a backup of my VBIOS with NVFLASH , but it is not. He does nothing at all I have to start again the notebook. When I enter the command NVFLASH -e or NVFLASH -list , and nothing happens and the notebook must also restart again . What can this be? Since I do not trust myself to flash the new VBIOS .

• Brian featured this topic