NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Actually, the stock voltage is a tad low. If you undervolt it much it will just crash.

But keep in mind that every card is different. You may have better results than I did.

I suggest you address your cooling issues first. What machine are you running? If it's in your sig, I can't see it in Tapatalk.

this is my machine : NP8268-S(clevo p150sm-a) - i7 4810MQ - 15.6" 1920 x 1080 - 8GB - 1TB HDD - GTX 880M

with automatic cooling and stock bios my temp reaches 87C. it has an IC diamond paste courtesy of XOTICPC.

After flashing bios the max undervolt i could get was -12.5mv with 993mhz clock. Then the temps hovered around 80C with max fan.

I downclocked to stock clocks and the best undervolt i could get was -37.5mv with a core clock of 954mhz. and the temps still hover around 78-80c but , thats without max fan. if i enable max fans then, it stays around 75c - 77c with an ambient temp around i guess 23c. I'm from Fullerton, California btw.

Undervolting any further from -37.5mv on stock clocks or -12.5mv on boost clocks cause driver crashes and that means its not stable. I think the card is amazing but, it is plagued with these issues. Do let me know your undervolted voltages on stock and boost.

Thank you.

Hello, i'm new on this forum, i spent so many days figuring how overpassing the 135mhz limit with my 760m in my N56jr. I want to know if there is way to overpass this limit ? if there is a 760m modded vbios for N56jr ? or if it's possible to make one ?

Thank you .

this is my machine : NP8268-S(clevo p150sm-a) - i7 4810MQ - 15.6" 1920 x 1080 - 8GB - 1TB HDD - GTX 880M

with automatic cooling and stock bios my temp reaches 87C. it has an IC diamond paste courtesy of XOTICPC.

After flashing bios the max undervolt i could get was -12.5mv with 993mhz clock. Then the temps hovered around 80C with max fan.

I downclocked to stock clocks and the best undervolt i could get was -37.5mv with a core clock of 954mhz. and the temps still hover around 78-80c but , thats without max fan. if i enable max fans then, it stays around 75c - 77c with an ambient temp around i guess 23c. I'm from Fullerton, California btw.

Undervolting any further from -37.5mv on stock clocks or -12.5mv on boost clocks cause driver crashes and that means its not stable. I think the card is amazing but, it is plagued with these issues. Do let me know your undervolted voltages on stock and boost.

Thank you.

The thing is that I don't undervolt, I overvolt to get a stable system. I run my 880M at 1.025v all the time. The GPU is set for 993 MHz base clock with boost to 1032.5 MHz. Memory is set to 2800 MHz.

The thing is that I don't undervolt, I overvolt to get a stable system. I run my 880M at 1.025v all the time. The GPU is set for 993 MHz base clock with boost to 1032.5 MHz. Memory is set to 2800 MHz.

One of these days I need to get around to doing those hard mods... I just don't want to pay 80 bucks for a replacement bottom case which is the quote Xotic got from Sager. Would be nice to actually have my cards run even 993MHz without throttling.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

One of these days I need to get around to doing those hard mods... I just don't want to pay 80 bucks for a replacement bottom case which is the quote Xotic got from Sager. Would be nice to actually have my cards run even 993MHz without throttling.

The bottom cover is $35 from RJTech. Just be sure to pick the right one. If unsure, just call them. They are easy to work with and know their stuff.

Clevo Laptop Parts :: P150SM/P157SM/P170SM/P177SM :: CPU Cover Module for P15xxM/P17xxM - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

The bottom cover is $35 from RJTech. Just be sure to pick the right one. If unsure, just call them. They are easy to work with and know their stuff.

Clevo Laptop Parts :: P150SM/P157SM/P170SM/P177SM :: CPU Cover Module for P15xxM/P17xxM - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

Wonder if they have similar pricing for the P377SM-A... I've been thinking about contacting them anyway about some 970M cards but I've been hoping Sager would step up and take some responsibility and honor their warranty but don't get me started. Never again.

Wonder if they have similar pricing for the P377SM-A... I've been thinking about contacting them anyway about some 970M cards but I've been hoping Sager would step up and take some responsibility and honor their warranty but don't get me started. Never again.

$45.00 for your's, Brother Ethrem... Be sure to pick the right one. :)

Clevo Laptop Parts :: P37xxM :: CPU Cover Module for P37xxM - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

• Thumbs Up 1

You rock man. If Sager keeps dicking me around on getting my master fan replaced, I see they sell them too... 40 is steep for a fan but I can't take the squealing... Fan noise: http://youtu.be/xvaQQIKKH7Y

You rock man. If Sager keeps dicking me around on getting my master fan replaced, I see they sell them too... 40 is steep for a fan but I can't take the squealing... Fan noise: http://youtu.be/xvaQQIKKH7Y

Geesh.... that sucks. $40 is high for a fan, but you know it will fit.

Geesh.... that sucks. $40 is high for a fan, but you know it will fit.

Wish I could trade them my 880s for like 200 a piece towards a pair of 970M lol. But thanks for finding the cover, never would have thought it would be called a CPU cover module of all things lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wish I could trade them my 880s for like 200 a piece towards a pair of 970M lol. But thanks for finding the cover, never would have thought it would be called a CPU cover module of all things lol.

n=1 sent me the link originally. And yeah, that is an odd description.

Hello, i'm new on this forum, i spent so many days figuring how overpassing the 135mhz limit with my 760m in my N56jr. I want to know if there is way to overpass this limit ? if there is a 760m modded vbios for N56jr ? or if it's possible to make one ?

Thank you .

I still can't find answers to my questions, can someone please answer me ?

Thank you.

I still can't find answers to my questions, can someone please answer me ?

Thank you.

There's not one listed here for the 760M (1st page of this thread), but there are listings for Alienware 765M modified vBIOS. According to notebookcheck.net the 760M & 765M are the same core (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M - NotebookCheck.net Tech), but just with different clock speeds, so there's a possibility that you could flash a 765M vBIOS to it - but whether it will be stable at the default higher clock is a mystery, and also I do not know if an Alienware vBIOS is compatible with an Asus laptop. If you're serious about flashing a vBIOS to it, have a google to see if other Asus and/or N56jr users have flashed their GPU with a modified vBIOS from another laptop manufacturer.

You can always request your vBIOS to be modified at the following link, but I'd be a little surprised if he mods one for you (I haven't seen any new modded vBIOS's come out recently):

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7.html

Safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing or what this does.

Can I use this to improve existing temperatures or increase performance without sacrificing any more thermal headroom?

I don't plan on overclocking and I run on stock everything.

Current GPUs twin 780Ms.

Safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing or what this does.

Can I use this to improve existing temperatures or increase performance without sacrificing any more thermal headroom?

I don't plan on overclocking and I run on stock everything.

Current GPUs twin 780Ms.

If your current vBIOS doesn't let you undervolt using NVidia Inspector, then yes the modified vBIOS will allow you to undervolt thereby reducing temperatures and keeping your clocks at stock - you'll only be able to undervolt so far depending on luck of the draw with the silicon quality of your particular unit.

• Thumbs Up 2

First of all, thank you Robbo for your answer. I have already google if N56jr owners have flashed their vbios and i found nothing about it. I have a question about modding vbios, is this really hard to unlock by your own a vbios ? Because i didn't find any tutorials on how to make your own unlocked vbios (to overpass the +135 mhz limit ) .

Thank you.

First of all, thank you Robbo for your answer. I have already google if N56jr owners have flashed their vbios and i found nothing about it. I have a question about modding vbios, is this really hard to unlock by your own a vbios ? Because i didn't find any tutorials on how to make your own unlocked vbios (to overpass the +135 mhz limit ) .

Thank you.

There's a program called "Kepler BIOS Tweaker", but I don't know how to use it, and I'm sure there's scope for messing it up if you don't know what you're doing - essentially you'd be writing your overclocks directly into the vBIOS. Also, I'm not sure if by modifying it yourself you would create incompatibilities with your laptop. Have a google around "Kepler BIOS Tweaker" to learn more than I know.

Another time thank you Robbo for answering me, i'm starting to think that you are the only living person on this forum ^^. Don't get wrong but when i came to this forum i thought that more people (other than Robbo) could help me in my search for overpassing +135mhz on my 760m in my N56jr, i'm a bit disappointed.

hi have msi gt 60 motherboard is ONC upgrade to gtx 780m all works , but now fps drops every few sec when gaming , I checked the laptop adapter is 180w. do I need a better power adapter like 230w or 240w, or I need to reflsh vbios .if I use SV17,s vibios will I slove this problem

• Brian featured this topic