Sony Vaio SVS13 / SVS15 series - Overclocking BIOS

svl7

We require new users to have 5 quality posts in order to have full access to all attachments. Refer to the forum rules for details. If you have questions regarding this please refer to the Forum Feedback section as this is off-topic here.

Ok, i will test it, and post my feedback.

And is the win8 key affected by this bios mod?

No, at least not if you follow my instructions.

thanks a lot for making the bios hack, but what is the risk if I flash this BIOS. Is there a possibilty that I will brick my system?

If you follow my instructions you shouldn't run into any issues, I'm confident that my mod works fine. Nevertheless I need people to confirm this, especially that the Nvidia card performs as I intended.

Is the USB created using the HP DOS tool supposed to boot UEFI mode? I tried creating a stick and it would only boot in Legacy mode. Is there any potential concern running the flash tool in Legacy boot mode?

Well... let me put it that way, since when can you run DOS in UEFI mode? So yes, that's all legacy. Possible concerns...?? Why do you think there would be any?

I tried flashing in Legacy mode and got this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6048[/ATTACH]

Just follow my instructions... you didn't use my prr tool.

Okay, that's possible as well, but that would be a bigger problem. I would need access to the system in order to figure out whether I can solve this or not. If anyone (or you) is willing to let me poke around on his system with team viewer... let me know.

• Thumbs Up 1

After doing the bios mod, I am sure the tempretures will rise, specifically in the CPU. Is there anyway I can increase the cooling of the laptop to avoid over heating?

I'm not sure the BIOS mod will affect the heat of the CPU... because this overclocks the dedicated GPU. The overall heat output of the system will surely increase when the dedicated GPU is enabled and you are gaming. The only thing you can do is set the fans to "performance" which will keep them at full/high speed when needed.

AFAIK, overheating hasn't been a problem with this laptop as long as fans are on full. Even from those with Win7 model with BIOS already overclocked.

Okay, that's possible as well, but that would be a bigger problem. I would need access to the system in order to figure out whether I can solve this or not. If anyone (or you) is willing to let me poke around on his system with team viewer... let me know.

svl7, I would be willing to let you poke around on my system if I can't get it working on my own. As I mentioned before, as soon as I get 5 posts, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work I'll message you and give you access to do what you need to do.

Thanks again!!

Yeah, my prr tool is useless in this case. Someone already let me take a look at his system. I think we can still flash it, I'll post here as soon as I have a solution, should be pretty soon.

svl7 Thank you for all your hard work.

I do have a question though, how do I check the vbios number?

The only thing I could find was 80.07.4a.00.05

Thanks for all your help!

For you and the people that wants to be really sure about what bios you have, instead of using gpu-z try cpu-z. The info you need is in the ‘mainbord’ tab.

post-10164-14494994305109_thumb.jpg

Ok 4 more to go!