Sony Vaio SVS13 / SVS15 series - Overclocking BIOS

svl7

There supposed to be link with my reply, but it has removed somewhere. News in the link say that unlock codes can probably be bought from microsoft at a price about 50 dollars. I am willing to try something you have in mind. Please give instructions and I will proceed!

Yes, that's related to secure boot and the firmware being locked down to this. As I said, I have a new idea if someone wants to test, even if the chance of success isn't that high it's worth a try, it won't do any harm.

I will Try on Win8 SVS15125 (bios R0081C8) or on new BIOS Update version R1021C8.

Plz provide the Link and Flash Instruction.

Thanks..

I am willing to try something you have in mind. Please give instructions and I will proceed!

Plz provide the Link and Flash Instruction.

It's just something I want to try, it won't flash the bios but it might be a step in that direction in case it works, I'll send you an email with the instructions, tomorrow or so.

Here is the Service Manual for SVS131 from 2013:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/MDSM/989095201_sm.pdf

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/MDSM/989092601_sm.pdf

And few pictures from my disassembled SVS1312H3ES Windows 8 Model. Images may be helpful for anyone :)

Images.rar (high res images)

post-12045-14494995084818_thumb.jpg

I disassembled my netbook (you can see it on the pics) to desolder my BIOS flash IC (on the last image right under the battery). It's a Macronix "MX25L6406 EM2I-12G" 8pin SOIC. @ the Bios menu screen (or with CPU-Z) it says its a MX25L6405, the old and discontinued version from MX, because the new chip have the same SPI ID! After desoldering, I've read the content (64Mbit = 8MByte) with the tool flashrom.exe (Win32 v0.9.6.1 - r1671 specially compiled for me and my chip :)). I've sent the backup to svl7 to unlock the OC function for me.

post-12045-14494995083232_thumb.jpg

post-12045-14494995083563_thumb.jpg

post-12045-14494995083833_thumb.jpg

post-12045-14494995084076_thumb.jpg

post-12045-14494995084326_thumb.jpg

post-12045-14494995084579_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Damn ! I got a new model, but had to switch to lagacy ,because it will not boot win8 from usb with uefi.

Installed a samsung ssd and after that i did a clean win8 installation without sony bloatware, but will not boot in Uefi mode.

does someone know tis issue and how to fix it ?

hope that someone find a way to overclock the gpu with newer bios versions, that would be awesome !!

• 2 weeks later...
Damn ! I got a new model, but had to switch to lagacy ,because it will not boot win8 from usb with uefi.

Installed a samsung ssd and after that i did a clean win8 installation without sony bloatware, but will not boot in Uefi mode.

does someone know tis issue and how to fix it ?

hope that someone find a way to overclock the gpu with newer bios versions, that would be awesome !!

I used a bootable USB Key instead of Win8 DVD with setup files on it and it works with my SSD in UEFI mode after a clean install. It's a SVS131290X

Hi

Help me please.

I have a laptop Sony SVS-13A1V8 WIN 7.

CPU Core i5-3210M

GT640m LE up to 900 MHz core / 900 MHz memory

NVIDIA Control Panel – Program Settings – for my game (Diablo3) – HighPerformance NVIDIA processor – Power management mode – Prefer maximum performance.

To monitoring the use CPU-Z and GPU-Z programs.

Selected SPEED mode.

1. Priority to ventilation Mode

CPU 2900MHz, GPU 900MHz, FPS 60, very noisy

1. Balanced Mode

CPU 2500MHz, GPU 900MHz, FPS 40, noisy

1. Priority to silence Mode

CPU 1100MHz, GPU 900MHz, FPS 3, silence

Is it possible to increase the frequency CPU in Priority to silence Mode?

3 FPS not playable.

PS. Sorry for my english.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 8 - Updated Official BIOS - Latest Nvidia Driver (320.18) Overclock Workaround

First you open nvidiainspector and click "Create Clocks Shortcut"

Then you modify the Target Path in Properties to whatever specs you want with the format below:

Ok this is exactly what the path in the shortcut for the Overclock should be

Overclock:

C:\Users\USERNAME\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,1,1000 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,100

That's for 1000/1000 Mhz

If you want 950/1000 MHz you change what values XXXX are to 950 "-setGpuClock:0,1,XXXX"

If you want to up the Memory Clocks just do it with the slider in nvidiainspector.

Default:

C:\Users\USERNAME\nvidiaInspector\\nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,16 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,0

Sets the GPU clock to back to default GPU Clock to 500 MHz and the Memory Clock to 900 MHz

Think of the shortcuts as Overclock and Default for ON and OFF

I Have tested and Working on Wondows 8 Flawlessly.

Now I am Happy with SVS15125CNB Model.

Many Thanks to Originally Posted by Myst3ri0n;;Sony Vaio S Bios Mod For Gt640m Le

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Myst3ri0n viewpost-right.png

so this method will work on bios version R0143C5 with windows 8 pro x64.. Dude can u make tutorial on you tube..please..

Hi,

I have SVS15125 Windows 8 pro x64 with Latest BIOS version R1021C8.

For overclocking Just u need latest nvidiainspector and Optional -- MSI Afterburner (Just for sure While playing the Game, it will show FPS, GPU clock and Memory Clock left up side corner of ur LCD screen) .

and Follow step above or below----

Place latest version of nvidiainspector anywhere under c:\ drive and then right click "Create Shortcut" on desktop.

Then go to nvidiainspector Shortcut and right Click and you modify the Target Path in Properties to whatever specs you want with the format below:

Ok this is exactly what the path in the shortcut for the Overclock should be " -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,1,1000 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,100 " without quote. after the "C:\xxxx\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector. exe ".

Overclock:

C:\Users\USERNAME\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector. exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,1,1000 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,100

That's for 1000/1000 Mhz

If you want 950/1000 MHz you change what values XXXX are to 950 "-setGpuClock:0,1,XXXX"

Rest follow the above step in previous POST.

This will work Original and Updated Windows 8 x64 or x86 version with any BIOS.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have pics from the back side of the board. CPU and GPU are facing bottom of the notebook and its extremely hard to access them. Need to disamble the entire notebook to do that. I gave it a try yesterday, but i failed to do it since i could not locate the point where it was stuck. I cant see GDDDR3 controller on the bottom of MB. So it must be on the same side where GPU and CPU are.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, trying to boost a little the performance for this incredible laptop! SONY VAIO S13

I tried to mod my nvidia 640le card with the nVidia Inspector... but when i play a game and the temperature reach 80°C, the game slows down a lot (fps from 30 to 7...) like if the card does something to prevent higher temperature or i don't know... any suggestions? (I already set the priority to ventilation)

I used this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\nVidia Inspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,1,950 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,100

Thx!

• 5 months later...

I tried the new Nvidia Inspector method on windows 10, but the GPU is locked will not change. The Memory clock will chnages on Win 10, I tried Using 340 and 347 drivers. However it worked fine in WIn 7 with 347 drivers . Are the modded bios files still hosted here? I have the R0142C5 bios for my SVS13 A1CGXB. All I can find elsewhere is the bios for R0143C5. Can someone PM them, or share a link?

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello i have the svs1313D4E with the R1020C5 bios i would like to overclock my gpu but i couldn't find anything on the web about compatibility between the models in the s13 serie. Can i install the custom bios without killing my pc instantly?

• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2018 at 10:33 PM, nitram said:

Hello i have the svs1313D4E with the R1020C5 bios i would like to overclock my gpu but i couldn't find anything on the web about compatibility between the models in the s13 serie. Can i install the custom bios without killing my pc instantly?

Hey bro im using same bios version with you...how about the solution? did you get it? i wanted to OC my gpu too but i worry that I'll brick my pc.....mine is SVS13116FGB

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...