MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Corp said:

Hello, does anyone have the unlocked BIOS for the Gt683DXR? The link for the download does not work. THanks~

Hi!

The link works.

Before you start download, just read "User Account Promotion Rules" :  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Edited by Klem

11 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

The link works.

Before you start download, just read "User Account Promotion Rules" :  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

hi, thanks i got the Download but how do i know what settings to edit on this bios? If i leave everything how it is my cpu runs at way higher of a clock than i want, if i disable the turbo option is goes back to normal clock speeds.

• 3 weeks later...

So many guys complaining about the non download of this xD 
Altho i did just stroll through 48 pages of (where did that bad man touch you) and some usefull info regarding my laptop (MS-1762 Gt70 with a *980m)

Thanks XONAR, much appreciate what you've done - Saves my lazy ass learning how to do it. 

• 2 months later...

I had a series of failures with my attempts to flash a bios on my MSI GT70. Long before I tried flashing the provided .30 I "upgraded" my BIOS to the official .50. This prevented me from flashing the modified BIOS. So I went ahead, dumped my .50 BIOS and unlocked it myself, after which I succesfully flashed it, only for all the BCLK values to be greyed out. This prompted a reflash back to my original .50 BIOS, in the midst of which my PC cheerfully whirred and bricked itself. Blind flashing wouldn't work. After taking it to the repair centre I got a surprisingly smaller bill than anticipated and also told that only my BIOS memory chip was fried. For all I know this could be related to the long gone-by times I ran my laptop without proper cooling/factory paste and it was constantly overheating on both the CPU and the GPU. 

Right now this is my only PC, so I'm not willing to risk even a tiny chance of bricking it but I'm building a new one in a few months and I plan to then flash the BIOS on this machine so I could finally BCLK OC and have XMP support. A couple of questions:

1. Bios Backup Tool currently reports that my BIOS version is E1762IMS.30U. Can I safely flash to .30M, which is Xonar's modified version?

2. Any guesses as to why it got bricked amidst the 2nd flash, but not on the first one? Could it be simply that the memory was faulty? 

3. Do I need to replace my power brick after five years of sustained use?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

New on this forum, i want to try modifying BIOS to unlock hidden menus (for overclocking, specially BCLK) on a MSI GT72VR 6RE.

I have read several posts on different sites and tested with FPTW64 and AMIBCP with no results.

As somebody successfuly do this ?

I saw that Zibri has suceeded for a GT72 from MSI

Many thanks for help.

Edited by quartz38

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
I have installed bios MSI GT683 Unlocked.zip. I was looking forward that I would be able to Overlock BLCK ,but I didnt find any option to set BLCK. Iam able to set a lot of stuff such as RAM frequency ,but not BLCK. Please could anybody help me out ?
Many thanks for help.