MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me whether the MS-1761  GT780 DXR with a i7 2630QM following bios flash to unlock will accept DDR3 1600 and run at 1600 speed. Native with original bios the system runs 1333 memory

Edited by cisco kidd

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, cisco kidd said:

Can anyone tell me whether the MS-1761  GT780 DXR with a i7 2630QM following bios flash to unlock will accept DDR3 1600 and run at 1600 speed. Native with original bios the system runs 1333 memory

Yes, it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey @Xonar how can i get a unlocked bios for my GT70 2PE? One of those should work? I cant download anyone. TY in advance..

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Klem said:

You can send me (via PM) the file backup of your bios for unlock it.

@klem who can unlock the bios?

• Bios Modder

Hi!

If you want to unlock advanced menus and settings in your bios, send me the file backup of your bios via PM.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM, or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link via PM.

http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/AKD3aIAV/file.html

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to doing this. Modified the BIOS setup configuration options(haven't touched anything else) with AMIBCP according to your modded BIOS, but AFUWIN/DOS failed the flash with a "18 - error secure flash rom verify fail" error. Fortunately, I've been able to find the one AFUDOS version that supported the /GAN parameter and I flashed my new modified bios, which is reward enough in and of itself.

However, I've run into another problem. It appears that my minimum and maximum BCLK frequencies are both locked to 100, meaning I can't modify the current frequency with the "New frequency" option. I'm currently unsure what to do. I can't flash your bios, because mine is still write-protected. g

Edit:Nevermind, it decided to say goodbye to this cruel world for seemingly unrelated reasons.

Edited by №1 Toxic Shitter

Hello. I posted months ago (see page 40 of this thread). My bios has been acting funny. It doesn't allow me to get to certain pages in the settings. Basically rendering adjusting settings useless. It is stuck trying to boot from something called an XPE and then will find the correct drive and boot, unless I press the boot manager button during setup. I can't get to the settings in BIOS control to permanently set bootup to the proper disc.  It probably is corrupt. I am not sure. My device manager doesn't have IDE/ATAPI Controllers which I am told I need to tweek to get my DVD rom working again.  I have the newest SATA RAID controllers for my chipset and still I can't get the DVD rom to work. I can see it on my BIOS and Windows identifies it but will not read the disc. I can only suppose the BIOS needs to be flashed. My system is MS-1761, serial number FFFFFFF  (strange huh?)  BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E1761IG6 V3.0H, 11/18/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7, Embedded Controller Version 255.255, BIOS Mode Legacy, BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., 

Does this sound appropriate or am I just to leave things as they are? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
14 hours ago, monsterber said:

can i make a backup of my bios?

Yes, of course you can.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM, or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/AKD3aIAV/file.html

Hi, I've got a GE60 0NC and would like to undervolt my CPU. Would it be possible with an unlocked BIOS?

If I flash the unlocked BIOS, would it be possible to go back to the original MSI BIOS? Will the UEFI-Serial for Windows 8 be saved or would I need a new license? Are there any disadvantages When I would flash it?

I made a Backup with the Backup tool. It seems that the tool recognized my OS as a x86 OS and not as as a x64 OS. Anyway I saw something like that.

the unlocked Bios for GT70 didn't work.

SOS: STATUS=BRICKED

I'm having trouble with the bios filename in the root of the flashdrive.

The blind flash key combination works fine and i get several blinks on the flashdrive and then goes off.

my guess is that is looking for the file but is not getting any name at all.

I've tried

AMIBOOT.ROM

E1762IMS.ROM

E1762AMS.ROM

M1762IMS.ROM

MS1762.ROM

still nothing.

I'm using the 10U version from the website. 8MB

took a screenshot from the bios before flash and the Bios version reported E1762IMS.50T.

But the name E1762IMS.ROM is not working at all.

Any ideas?

-

Edited by Joseph

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm the Bios for 0NE-452US?.

Is MS-1762 or GT70?

I already bricked the bios once, using an unlocked version based on .10M a long ago. That bios was 8MB.

My bios Backups are 3MB in size, so i suspect maybe i flashed the wrong one in the past.

AMIBDP reports MS-1762 on bios information on both Bios versions. Thr barebone and the stock. That's why i'm confused.

I want to try the one in this website but don't want to hurt my chances.

Maybe i have the barebone? I bought mine in 2014 fully customized. CPU, ram, optical drive, screen. 

Definitively not stock. Stock comes with i7-3630 i think. I Have a 3920XM installed.

Thank you so much.

-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2015 at 11:43 AM, Klem said:

Yes, it's possible. Just create backup of your bios, and then modify it with AMIBCP.

Hi Klem, I downloaded AMIBCP. But I have no experience with biosmod, my biggest interest is getting options to disable the dedicated video card and let only the Intel 4600 active.
I noticed that when I open the bios updated by AMIBP, several options appear, if I save everything will appear in the new BIOS?
Is there a way to emulate the bios through windows to see how it would look?

MSI GT70 2PC Dominator

BIOS = E1763IMS.51D

Grateful