MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

So, I was trying to research what type of SSD I could put in my computer. I found a video from 2011 that shows a computer assembly company installing a SATA III into the computer.

This is good news. That would imply that I could put a newer and larger SSD SATA III into my system. Although, he says that 16 GB are the maximum RAM that can be installed.

Does anyone know for a fact that I could put 32 GB into my computer? I'd hate to buy 4 sticks of 8GB RAM (Removing my 2 sticks of 4 GB) just for the motherboard to tell me it doesn't recognize that much RAM.

This is the video I watched: https://youtu.be/D4ImmcdjBnU

Thanks again!

R. Jimenez

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't figure out how to slow down the fan on my GT70 0nc after removing my dead gtx675m and flashing to Xonars bios. Checked all the options inside and can't find the option to disable dedicated gpu. tried numerous tools in windows that control fan speed like gt70 Fan Control, Silent Option, FanSpeed, fan profile applier and nothing works :\ any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Bios Modder
Still can't figure out how to slow down the fan on my GT70 0nc after removing my dead gtx675m and flashing to Xonars bios. Checked all the options inside and can't find the option to disable dedicated gpu. tried numerous tools in windows that control fan speed like gt70 Fan Control, Silent Option, FanSpeed, fan profile applier and nothing works :\ any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Post here your bios. I will try to help you.

Well, I tried unlocking the bios for my GT70 myself (. 30U version) by changing all advanced settings to "user" but it does seem to have worked. Flashed ok, but still no advanced options. Looks just like the stock version. :(

• Bios Modder
is that a tested bios and would it solve the fan issue? thanks

"...is that a tested bios?..."

Very strange question. I asked yours bios, and then modify it for solve your problem.

"...would it solve the fan issue?.."

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
hi, i tried your bios Clem thank U but when i start my GT70, the usb key is blinking then stop blinking and nothing happens...

could you help me ?

In your case unlocked bios doesn't help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
Hello,

can a MSI 1762 barebone with 680M and your modded .30M bios be upgraded to 8xx or 9xx cards?

Thank you :)

No, for upgrade to 8xx or 9xx cards you need 51X bios.

• Bios Modder
Sorry for the long wait, went on a long vacation finally came came today. Thank you so much Klem, very much appreciated!! Flashed with your bios mod today and it fixed my fan issue :D

Cheers from Canada!:Banane24:

Could you please make a photo of screen in Bios Setup menu, on the page CHIPSET?

Hi there, I just want to ask something. The BIOS chip on MS-16F31 is W25Q32xxx - which means 32 bits or 4 MB. How is possible to flash with Eeprom programmer any Original BIOS from MSI site , because it is 8 MB !!!. Any hery badelp please , cuz I try to flash with wrong BIOS and now need to reflash with prgrammer, but was very bad surprised with this BIOS chip of 4 MB.

• Bios Modder
Hi there, I just want to ask something. The BIOS chip on MS-16F31 is W25Q32xxx - which means 32 bits or 4 MB. How is possible to flash with Eeprom programmer any Original BIOS from MSI site , because it is 8 MB !!!. Any hery badelp please , cuz I try to flash with wrong BIOS and now need to reflash with prgrammer, but was very bad surprised with this BIOS chip of 4 MB.

You have found the chip for EC firmware (not for bios). Just search again. Both chips (for EC firmware and for bios) marked with color dot, chip for bios slightly larger.

• Bios Modder
Yes, and this BIOS chip on mainboard is W25Q32xxx ( 4MB ) - but all BIOS files are 8 MB- how to flash it. The EC firmware is MX - 64 Kb.

May be someone replaced correct BIOS chip from 25Q64 to 25Q32? In any case now you can solder correct bios chip.